[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bass guitar discussion thread. Post anything related to bass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Vic2_6030.jpg (81 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
Vic2_6030.jpg
81 KB, 600x510
Bass guitar discussion thread. Post anything related to bass guitar.(equipment, your idols etc)
>>
I love Woot
>>
>>60352979
You love Woot
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447420960629.jpg (21 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447420960629.jpg
21 KB, 720x404
This is cort t74. I own it for 4 years and it's a fuckin beast.
Inlay looks way cooler in person tho
>>
Wooten and alike ale literally the worst thing that happened to bass. Exactly like 80's are the worst thing for guitar. Tasteless, talentless shreds.
>>
>>60353069
The dude is really good at bass(i think everyone can agree woth this). The problem with his music is that it's pretty tasteless desu. I think markus miller is way better tho.
>>
>there are people in this world at this very moment on this particular website that own a fucking bass

such a taboo to me, never had the balls to buy one.
>>
>>60353088
Fuckin autocorrect
>>
I like Michael Manring. He does nice things on his bass.

I've got a pretty decent Jazz bass that needs to be restrung badly. Sadly, finding bass strings seems to qualify as a miracle around here. Guess I'll have to go out of town for some.
>>
>tfw playing for 3 years
>no bass player that really influenced me
>musician that probably influenced me the most was Bill Steer
Should I just stop?
>>
>>60353272
That's not arguments as to why you should.
>>
>>60353093

just go to a shop and try one out

it's like a bigger, less whiny version of the guitar
>>
>>60353272
11 years of playing here. just keep going. youre doing good.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 512x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 512x382
>>60352965
Who /jaco/ here?
I spent about two months learning all of his most famous basslines, and I gotta say, his rendition of Bach's Chromatic Fantasy is absolutely insane. It's a great workout, but some of the stretches and patterns he does are nigh impossible on bass

:)
>>
>>60353359
/jaco/ reporting in. guy is a legend.
>>
>>60353237
Bass strings in my country cost around 90$ and they are not even that good quality
>>
>>60353093
Ive played bass in like 3 bands and never felt like I was REALLY needed.

It got to the point where i just started openly playing chords, using effect petals and basically just shamelessly trying to sound as much like a 2nd guitarist as I could
>>
Stuart Zender, Rex Brown, Tim Commerford, Mike Kerr, and Mike Starr are some of my favorites off the top of my head. Anyone here ever play a Spector? I've wanted to try one out for a long time and I'd like to hear your opinions
>>
>>60353561
you played in shit bands
>>60353602
I own korea made Spector Legend 4. Its good. Comfortable, not too heavy, not to small. Sounds very growly. Useful for more energetic genres, for blues or pop I trust in p-bass more. However if you want to sound like Pantera, this is the sweetest thing ever.
>>
>>60353631
>you played in shit bands
You're the one talking about Pantera
>>
>>60353631
They sound really great and they seem like they play really well.>>60353644
>opinion
>>
>>60353644
friend, no reason to be upset. with my bands I play everything but Pantera. Spectors sound like Pantera records, tho. which is good.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 550x413
>>60353702
He called my bands shitty

mfw
>>
>all this Pantera discussion
RE
>>
>>60353783
Theres like 2 posts dude. Chill.
>>
I've been considering getting a chorus pedal and mixing it with my ODB-3. Thoughts or reccs on chorus pedals?
>>
Ive always wanted the bigmuff π pedal, but is it worth it tho?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.