[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is (objectively) the best guitar solo of all time, noth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
This is (objectively) the best guitar solo of all time, nothing else even comes close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvKqxNea9iA
>>
Maggot Brain
>>
No. That would be Cardiacs' Fiery Gun Hand.
>>
>>60352516
this honestly
The Great Curve by Talking Heads is another contender, just because of how well it fits the tone of the song
>>
>>60352282
this
>>
>>60352282
wank central desu senpai lad
>>
Minutemen's Maybe partying will help will always be my favorite
>>
>>60352282

>it's fast so it must be the best!

It's like you people are 12
>>
>>60353115
>it's fast, therefore it can't be the best
Looks like you are 16
>>
>>60352516
cardiacs arent the best anything
>>
>>60352282
I will NEVER understand how can people like this guy's solos while at the same time there were guys like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani. Don't get me wrong, he's insanely good, but his solos are so boring and without emotions.
>>
>>60352557
go away thinkpad boy
>>
>>60353171
They had one of the best guitar solos (Fiery Gun Hand), best pop choruses (Manhoo), and my favorite musical moment ever (Fiery Gun Hand).
Also, Sing to God as a whole album is one of the most emotional/emotive albums ever. It's also very interesting from a statistics point of view if you look at the anomalous rating distribution on RYM and it's position on favorite albums ever when compared to it's popularity.

>>60353189
There's more than music than just emotional playing.
>>
>>60353205
He was totally in the dick contest they all had back in the days, you know, Eddie Van Halen, the guy from Stray Cats, Satriani, Vai, etc... playing the most notes at insane speed and he felt into it to the point his music suffered from it.
>>
>>60352282
>but muh soul
>>
>>60353189
>muh' emotion
>>
>>60353252
That's your perception from that artist. OP, on the other hand, has the opposite reaction to you. What makes you think you are right instead of him?
>>
>>60353461
OP clearly doesn't want a debate by stating his own radical preference, I'm just trying to open his eyes.
>>
>>60353503
Great job, very convincing arguments! You sure opened his eyes and his mind to reach true enlightenment!
Also,
>OP clearly doesn't want a debate by stating his own radical preference
Prejudice is killing /mu/
>>
>>60352294
True
>>
>>60353265
great arguments duuuuuude
>>
>>60352516
Are you me? I was JUST going to say that.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.