[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>p4k album of the year 2015 predictions I'd be ok with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Fjm-iloveyouhoneybear.jpg (1 MB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Fjm-iloveyouhoneybear.jpg
1 MB, 960x960
>p4k album of the year 2015 predictions

I'd be ok with this
>>
File: tpab.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tpab.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
>>60350240
I can't see TPAB not getting it. I mean, if an awful album like RTJ2 can be AOTY, simply because of it's "cultural Awareness", then TPAB should be their pick. The only reason it wouldn't win would be because they wouldn't want to be like the other music review websites.
>>
>>60350300
p4k didn't love it as much as other publications did.

Honestly it's probably>>60350240
but I could see Currents or C&L getting it.
>>
>>60350240
p4k is garbage but they always try to pick something that represents the zeitgeist of the year more so than picking the "best" album. Otherwise Swans would have won last year. They never choose an album that's ahead of it's time but something that's exceptional in a comfortable way.
>>
>>60350240

How can anyone stand this phony faggot?
>>
File: currents.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
currents.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>60350240
from what i remember p4k blew a load over pic related
>>
>>60350405

>They never choose an album that's ahead of it's time but something that's exceptional in a comfortable way.

aka TPAB is basically a lock

shame it's not all too entertaining a listen

and the d'angelo LP was better than swans last year, sorry to rile you swans fans but it's true
>>
>>60350433
I'm not a big fan, but why does /mu/ hate Father John Misty so much? I can see he is an embodiment of bourgeois college student music, but the stuff he makes is pretty good.
>>
I predict that Jamie xx and New Bermuda will be the chosen 9s to fall below the top 10
>>
>>60350433
He is a bit insufferable sometimes, but I still enjoy his music. He comes off worse in his interviews
>>
>>60350467
TPAB is the best record of the year though, senpai.
>>
>>60350467
I was massively entertained by TPAB but it was a studious listen at first.

Certainly true but the D'Angelo album pulled a Beyonce and came out after p4k had already compiled their list.
>>
>>60350493

i already like the new freddie gibbs more but w/e.

if it isn't "conscious" it isn't good i guess, haha.
the hipsters have spoken.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.