[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/muv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1080°_Avalanche.png (230 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
1080°_Avalanche.png
230 KB, 300x417
What bands has vidya gotten you into, mu?

Pic related had an awesome soundtrack, and finger eleven is solid nu-funk
>>
I think the only thing video games have gotten me into music wise is ambient music.
But that's because when I was a kid I used to go to the options menu in shit like Eternal Ring (?) and have the looping menu music on in the background.
Shit like this is pretty amazing imo, it has that rough vidya nineties feel and manages to capture the safe but eerie atmosphere of the situation very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMz6bhXyNZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu3RGFkfVgI

Of course that's completely outdone by Silent Hill's ost.
>>
File: CrazyTaxi_gameplay.jpg (38 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
CrazyTaxi_gameplay.jpg
38 KB, 500x280
>>60349442
I kinda knew of The Offspring before this, after playing the shit out of it I would be completely comfortable putting them in my top 10 and I owe it all to this game.
>>
>>60349604
Dude, that album got me into The Offspring as well. I knew them before because of Pretty Fly For A White Guy and all, but that album solidified my love for them. Ixnay On The Hombre is a god-tier album.

I never did like Bad Religion though.
>>
>>60349442
>Fallout
50's/Jazz

>JSRF
Rap (when I was a kid)

>Tony Hawk Underground
Punk/Skate Punk/Pop Punk
>>
lmao are you fucking kiddin me nigga
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2j7H0KSzU4
>>
>>60349864
Bad Religion is to The Offspring as Dane Cook is to George Carlin
>>
I really wanna say the entire franchise probably shaped my musical taste considerably, but American Wasteland probably had the best standalone soundtrack of any Tony Hawk game.

>Bloc Party
>Death From Above 1979
>Mastodon
>Black Flag
>Public Enemy
>Alkaline Trio

It's just amazing
>>
>>60349907
Bad Religion is pseudo-intellectual thesaurus punk for beardo faggots.

The Offspring is just fun, chill 90's skate punk
>>
>>60349442
Guitar Hero 3 introduced me to RATM and the Killers. Rock Band 2 gave me SOAD and Beastie Boys (whom I didn't really dig into until 2 years ago at college). High school was fun.
>>
>>60349604
I had the same experience. Kind of excited for their new album next year.
>>
>>60349442
Old SSX games were the shit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.