[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the GOAT video game soundtrack.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: fallout.jpg (286 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
286 KB, 1035x800
This is the GOAT video game soundtrack.
>>
>>60347974
That doesn't look like Age of Empires II though
>>
>>60347974
That doesn't look like Jet Set Radio Future though
>>
That doesn't look like the Mass Effect Trilogy though.
>>
That doesn't look like Trip World though.
>>
That doesn't look like NAAAAANANANANA NAA NA NA NA NAAAAAAA KATAMARI DAMACY though
>>
That doesn't look like FF7 though.
>>
>>60347974
Fuck yes Mark Morgan is god

He also did a great job with Planescape
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-08-14-52-20.png (477 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-08-14-52-20.png
477 KB, 1920x1080
video games are fucking gay and this is reddit fucking awful humor fuck you
>>
>he listens to videogame soundtracks
>>
>>60348324
>real songs are never used in video games
>>
>>60348324
Who said that
>>
>>60348312
Says the one posting on an anime image board, your point is fucking moot
>>
File: 1446046785829.gif (27 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
1446046785829.gif
27 KB, 450x432
How come songs off of video game original soundtracks are never used in other media like songs off of studio albums are?

Like, could you even imagine Nier's "Ashes of Dream" or MGS 3's theme being used in a movie trailer or commercial like the "It Ain't Me" song is used in every single Vietnam related thing?

What keeps things like this from happening? Licensing?
>>
>>60348460
>fucking moot
lewd
>>
>>60348524
what kind of trailer/commercial would either of those actually fit that would make you want to see the movie/buy the product
>>
>>60348603
i don't know, that's not the point

really it was just a hypothetical
>>
>>60348524
because video game ost arent taken seriously
even video games aren't taken seriously
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1920x1080
>>60347974
What kind of shit smear wouldn't prefer this?
>>
>>60347974
That doesn't look like Kid Icarus Uprising though
>>
>>60348653
yeah i guess that's a bit of an oblique answer

if you're going to license a song it had better be something that's actually going to help your advertisement directly by people associating your product with a song they already know to a huge degree, or else it's cheaper to get some generic instrumental music to set the mood because it'll accomplish the same thing
>>
I've never touched silly little kid video games.

Can any of you post the best examples of video game music there are?

Maybe I just might actually pick them up for the first time in my life if they are good enough songs.
>>
That doesn't look like MGS4 though
>>
Yes, I enjoy Mark's reinterpretations of grass and alternative 3.

I actually think I like them more than the originals. While desert wind and radiation storm are my favorites.

All of them complement the specific areas in the game well. A very good ambient soundtrack.
>>
>>60347974
>>60348284
it's literal plagiarism of well-known ambient artists
proof that vidya fans dont know shit
>>
>>60348883
Honestly the Fallout 1 & 2 soundtracks are by far my favourite.

If you're into chiptune FEZ is pretty GOAT too.
>>
>>60347974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3fCVLPsds
>>
The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion is objectively the best video game soundtrack.

Check out this master quote from Soule:
Soule stated that while composing the music he did not imagine any specific characters or events; rather, he wanted it "to comment on the human condition and the beauty of life". In a 2006 interview, he related that this desire came as a result of a car accident that occurred during his composition of the score. He said, "I ended up rolling in my car several times on an interstate while flying headlong into oncoming traffic ... I felt no fear ... I simply just acknowledged to myself that I've had a good life and I would soon have to say goodbye to all of it in a matter of seconds". Soule sustained only minor injuries, but commented that his feeling during the crash—"that life is indeed precious"—remained with him throughout the rest of the composition.
>>
>>60348883
I don't really like video game music but this soundtrack is the shit
>>
File: a2738335684_10.jpg (240 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a2738335684_10.jpg
240 KB, 900x900
Anyone heard of this OST? Spagetti western vibes with a cartoonish feel, I felt some originality
>>
> all this bad taste
> rip-offs of ambient music albums of Eno and Aphex Twin
> generic EPIC hollywood orchestral shit

> not posting the most patrician soundtrack of all time, the Trout Mask Replica of video game music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEjBlL64SuU
>>
>>60351130
Morgan is nothing like Eno or Apex Twin whatsoever.

Also Neverhood soundtrack is great but not Master-core.
>>
That doesn't look like persona 3 though
>>
File: Silent Hill.jpg (158 KB, 807x800) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill.jpg
158 KB, 807x800
No.

This is objectively the best soundtrack of all time.
>>
>>60352059
This might be objectively the best horror game of all time as well.
>>60351130
Skullmonkeys soundtrack is fucking genius
>>
MGS3, Halo, Bastion, Planescape: Torment are best soundtracks.

Classical symphony fags, get lost. There hasn't yet been a game that's worthy of a grand epic symphony orchestra soundtrack behind it, certainly not Oblivion and Skyrim or Dark Souls. Maybe (maybe) Morrowind.
>>
>listening to video game soundtracks
lmao t b h fám
>>
>>60352183
>Halo

Stop shit talking orchestral vidya when you have shoehorned Gregorian chants for your ridiculous sci fi cash cow.

Otherwise your other selections are fine.
>>
>>60352037
>Morgan is nothing like Eno or Apex Twin whatsoever.
You are kidding, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=log0l7UYcR8

Mark even justified himself saying "the guys who made Fallout told me to make something similar to the music they gave to me and I did"
>>
Your son is the main villain in Fallout 4 and in the end you have to kill him or nuke Boston
>>
>>60352242
>when you have shoehorned Gregorian chants
They fit perfectly in the game though. Blended with military style drumming and futuristic soundscapes, it sets the tone for the game absolutely perfectly.
>>
>>60347974
>le moody ambient music
fuck off pls
>>
>>60352369
Bombastic orchestral bullshit fits fantasy violence just as well. Cognitive dissonance much?
>>
>>60352501
I disagree. A bombastic orchestra fits the scene of a massive war, not a potato looking elf fighting mudcrabs.
>>
>>60352520
Well, you'd be wrong. Stop watching Apocalypse Now and familiarize yourself with fucking Wagner beyond napalm, asshole.
>>
File: folder.jpg (3 MB, 1419x1408) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
3 MB, 1419x1408
>>60347974
No m8.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrF3WPi_7uI

I will also accept this >>60348011 or 3rd Strike OST.
>>
>>60352547
It's good, but the best?

It sounds like literally every other 80s beat em up.
>>
>>60352530
All these assumptions...
>>
OP is definitely wrong.

Here: one of a handful of good VG composers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0g_xa6Ki2E
>>
>>60348092

underrated post
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.