[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened? Did the hype die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Mac-DeMarco.jpg (240 KB, 1500x995) Image search: [Google]
Mac-DeMarco.jpg
240 KB, 1500x995
What happened? Did the hype die?
>>
CIGARETTES
>>
He made the same album for a 4th time
>>
Ducktails and Martin Courtney do it better.
>>
>>60347795
Hype for what? Albums been and gone
>>
/mu/'s patrician scene finally put matters into their own hands and ended the goofball's career
>>
>>60347795
He was a meme.
>>
Salad Days was 2 but not as good, Another One was Salad Days but not as good
>>
>>60348691
>>60347834
only correct answers.
>>
>>60347854
My nigga, though I believe Mac is good enough in his own right.
>>
Too much keyboard on his newer songs.
>>
>>60347795
he's still doing very well for himself tho
>>
SCOTT, R U IN HERE??
>>
Rock and Roll Night Club is his best album by far. Each release is weaker and weaker.
>>
>>60347854
all horrible along with mac
>>
there are only so many times you can lazily strum through a series of chords wagging your tongue
>>
>>60347795

>What happened?

he wasn't fashionable to namedrop anymore.

indie fans are just as fickle and hypebeast as hip hop fans but they are too elitist to admit it.

you will never see anyone namedropping hyped up indie darlings like 'sleigh bells' anymore for that very reason. the fad died.
>>
>>60350328
Mac has a tiny bit more staying power but I'd be surprised if people still cared two years from now.
>>
>>60348691
I liked Salad Days more, but I agree Another One was pretty bad.
>>
Honestly I think it just came time for people to get into other things. Unfortunately, Mac just kinda makes the same album like everyone else has already said, but its something more than just the same album, there's no hint of personal growth, there's no artistic progress.

I used to be a big fan and I got my friend into him and now he's a huge fan, but I'm not as into his music as I once was and my friend doesn't understand why. Soon he will.
>>
Mac fell into a hipster niche at the right time. He doesn't really have any talent to go beyond that so as people have pointed out he makes the same album again

He's a hack basically.
>>
Another one is his weakest record but its also my favorite hehee
>>
it went mainstream
>>
His shows sell really well. You guys just like to pretend he's irrelevant since people don't like him on /mu/

That being said I think he's treading water and the hype will eventually die down for real
>>
>>60347795
boring music will be boring
>>
>>60350681
He wrote rock n roll nightclub as a joke and then he got unexpectedly big. I've seen a lot of interviews of him because I actually enjoy his le goofball personality and it doesn't seem like he has any interest in growing as a musician. He jokingly said it was a scam, and he tours 90% of the year probably because he knows his fame will eventually go away
>>
File: a0682188137_10.jpg (185 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
a0682188137_10.jpg
185 KB, 864x864
I enjoyed the fuck out of Some Other Ones.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.