[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk artists who really need to retire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 18
File: paul-stanley.jpg (29 KB, 630x450) Image search: [Google]
paul-stanley.jpg
29 KB, 630x450
Oh god, he sounds like the unholy screams of the damned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-AK896fCmU
>>
Weezer should retire, not a single good album since probably Pinkerton.
>>
https://youtu.be/LSDBxDcq8dY

this man is literally going to collapse and die in the middle of a show
>>
Chuck Berry seriously belongs in a rest home with a nurse feeding him strained peas, not on stage.
>>
Most older vocalists have lost some range and power, nothing odd about that. But Paul Stanley? Holy god, what the fucking fuck.
>>
>>60342649
He doesn't sound old when he speaks. Maybe his voice is just shot?
>>
>>60343744
It's been destroyed since the late 2000s likely from a combination of age, the sheer amount of shows Kiss have done, and his stage banter (yelling at the top of his lungs between sets). He's deteriorated to the point where he sounded crappy even on Sonic Boom. Now if studio trickery can't even fix your voice, you know it's bad.
>>
>>60344088
I thought he sounded fine on Monster.
>>
>>60343520
I'm surprised that Brian Johnson can still perform at all because his voice has been shot since the mid-80s.
>>
>>60343520
There's the rare exceptions like Steven Tyler and Dennis DeYoung who are seemingly ageless and sound mostly just the same as they did in 1975.
>>
>>60343520
D A V E M U S T A I N E
He has trouble hitting notes an octave lower than his peak in the 90s. Ocassionally gets a second wind, but most of the time it's just sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 599x400
Mumblecore
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7PEKdK3xk
Some "artist", right?
>>
>>60344204
Dennis DeYoung didn't perform hard rock or metal which can be very demanding on a vocalist plus not touring much for years. But yeah, he's still able to sing in the original key and they don't have to downtune for him.
>>
>>60344204
>Mick Jaggers voice now sounds better than it did in the 80s
What the fuck is he made of?
>>
>>60344088
Gene Simmons still sounds fine, but he never had much range compared with Paul and he's also taken better care of his voice. After the 70s, he started singing clean vocals with less growling which was probably better for him. Paul on the other hand decided in the 80s that he was Robert Plant Mark II.
>>
>>60344254
There were a lot of mid-70s shows where he sounded horrible, but he eventually found a vocal technique that worked for him. Besides, he also has a rather limited range anyway and would have less to lose.
>>
>>60344254
drugs
>>
>>60344330
Mick never did drugs, that was Keith's thing. He's always been a fitness nut partially because his dad was a gym teacher.
>>
>>60343520
I think Xgau explained it well. "Old bluesmen like Champion Jack Dupree prevailed in their 80s because they never relied on technical perfection to carry them. Sinatra's voice was once magnificent and powerful. Now he squeaks, clicks, clacks, and groans his way through songs although he's certainly still a better singer than the likes of Bono."
>>
Everyone denies that Bruce Dickinson's voice has gone to shit as well.
>>
>>60344581
Wut? Dickinson has only lost a bit of his upper range. No way in the Nine Absols of Hell does he sound anywhere as horrible as Paul Stanley.
>>
>>60344621
Or Sammy Hagar. He sounds fine except sometimes when he tries to hit high notes.
>>
>>60344652
Oh please, Sammy Hagar would be completely forgotten now if Eddie didn't need a pet singer who would obey all of his orders without question.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 620x372
Not that he could ever sing in the first place
>>
>>60343202
>>60343208
Do you really think he's made enough money of My Dingaling to afford that?
>>
>>60344621
Oh, please, listen to the book of souls and tell me he's not fighting for dear life in order to hit the higher notes in songs like "If Eternity Should Fail". Then listen to Run to the Hills and see how much more comfortably, and powerfully he hits notes way higher.
>>
File: dave.png (1 MB, 1280x944) Image search: [Google]
dave.png
1 MB, 1280x944
Grohl's voice peaked in '99 when he actually was a great live singer, but now he's hard to listen to. The guy doesn't know how to breathe or something.
>>
>>60344795
i thought charles bronson was dead?
>>
>>60344444
Nice quints

Also say anything about U2 but Bono was a great singer in the 80s and 90s, which has to be where this quote is from if Sinatra was still alive
>>
>>60344204
Joe Elliot is still pretty much fine. His voice doesn't crack and he can still hit high notes albeit with slightly less duration and volume than he used to. Paul Stanley up to the early 2000s was great and had all of his vocal abilities intact, then over the course of the decade started to weaken until by 2010, he sounds like he's channeling Lucifer when he tries to sing. He can't hold a note and has no pitch control left.
>>
File: Blackie_Lawless_W.A.S.P..jpg (69 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Blackie_Lawless_W.A.S.P..jpg
69 KB, 600x399
Blackie Lawless Dear god.

W.A.S.P. were probably one of the most underrated metal bands who were forgotten after the 80', and while I wouldn't doubt he could still write good, enjoyable albums until the day he dies... the man is losing his voice more and more every day.
The bonus tracks on the CD version of The Crimson Idol made me want to cry because he seems to actually need someone else to finish certain lines because he just can't reach the pitches he once could.

I want to go to the alternate universe where management didn't fuck up their career and W.A.S.P. took the place AC/DC did.
>>
>>60344914
that's bob dylan you dolt
>>
>>60344930
He was reviewing that Sinatra Duets CD from the late 80s-early 90s.
>>
Robert Plant had lost his upper range by 1975.
>>
File: Ian_Anderson_Flute_Thing.jpg (40 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
Ian_Anderson_Flute_Thing.jpg
40 KB, 600x481
No one posted in this entire thread is anywhere nearly as bad as Ian Anderson is now.

compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP67qaf1EFo

to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuCr4Zc_QEo

Keep in mind the second performance was more than a decade ago. It's even worse now.
>>
>>60344945
Who the fuck even goes to Kiss shows anymore. I thought they stopped touring in the 90's.
>>
>>60342649
>ctrl+f
>no Brian Wilson
After the few good songs on That's Why God Made the Radio he definitely should've just settled down. No Pier Pressure is absolutely depressing to listen to and he can't sing a single note without autotune. Unfortunately he probably doesnt know better
>>
>>60344298
I know that Chester Bennington doesn't scream as much anymore likely because he wants to preserve his voice.
>>
>>60345016
Genuinely saddening. I had about a month ago where I was obsessed with Jethro Tull.
He has such a weird stage presence in the 70's though.
>>
>>60345028
>I thought they stopped touring in the 90's

You severely underestimated just how much of a Jew that Gene Simmons is.
>>
>>60345016
Ian Anderson's voice has been shot since sometime in the 80s.
>>
in paul's defense the guy sings all the time and he does these ridiculous private shows also (cruises, private acoustic sets etc) singing for 40 years will wreck your throat
>>
>>60345016
>that part where goes acoustic in the second video

JUST
>>
>>60345158
>ever defending KISS
>>
At the acoustic show in Connecticut last year, fans were calling out song requests and Gene kept motioning to Paul and telling him "No, you can't do that. You need to go easy on your voice." and he'd brush him off and say "I'm fine."
>>
U2
Blur
Radiohead
>>
>>60345198
>going to a Kiss show
>>
>>60345158
Kiss must have been really fucking big in the 70s for anyone to still care about them. I imagine the dads who actually want paul and gene to play for them just like being reminded of the good old days,
>>
>>60345174
SING
>>
>>60344237
David Gilmour is fine, Dio was great until he died, Peter Gabriel is fine, Phil Collins until he retired. Roger Waters has redeemed himself in recent years (he only did three songs from The Wall a whole step down on The Wall 2010-13 tour, the rest of the songs he sang in keys as they were originally with some modifications and he's 71).
>>
>>60345255
I would add Dee Snider from Twisted Sister as well. There are videos from 2013-14 where he sounds really really good compared to Paul Stanley. There's a video from Zurich 2013 where Paul does "Heaven's On Fire" and the intro sounds like a cat being thrown into a grain thresher.
>>
>>60345297
would be hilarious to see paul try and do 'the oath' these days desu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f13rDfQNf0Q
>>
>>60345016
He had surgery circa Knave
>>
>>60345255
I'd add a very impressive vocalist to that list....Klaus Mein. Just a note though, many people don't have as much wear and tear on their voice/throat because they don't sing nearly as hard/loud/ as Paul Stanley did, or very distorted/growling and many of the ones who still have it/had it, weren't exactly known for their tremendous vocal range. There are many others who still got it too, Steven Tyler still sound pretty good, Alice Cooper, Sammy Hagar....but Klaus was always very impressive to me.
>>
>>60345343
obviously didn't do him any good

he seriously needs to just fucking stop. he should have stopped now decades ago.
>>
>>60342649
LEAVE PAUL STANLEY ALONE
>>
Kiss should have just stopped after the Farewell Tours in the late 90s-early 2000s. Those were pretty comical just for how badly Ace and Peter fucked up their songs.

>>60345226
Is probably correct. Loads of dumb idiot dadrockers who still think they're as good as they were in 1977, 1984, or even 1997 during the Reunion Tour.
>>
>>60344930
Xgau couldn't stand Bono's voice for some reason.
>>
>>60345365
No, the surgery is what fucked up his voice
>>
>>60343202
holy shit... this is sad.
>>
>>60345435
Peter wasn't in the band in 2001, it was Eric Singer and Ace was amazing overseas.
>>
>>60345466
his voice was fucked up before the surgery though
>>
>>60345523
>>60345466
>>
>>60345537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPmxRzTb-9M

1984. Before the surgery. Voice was obviously only going downhill.
>>
File: 14.jpg (102 KB, 1200x693) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
102 KB, 1200x693
Metallica.
>>
>>60345474
Chuck Berry's been touring pretty much non-stop since his career got going. Apparently because he's never been good with money. Pretty sad that he's not comfortably retired like a guy of his status should be.
>>
I knew Paul's voice was bad, but after attending the Los Angeles Kings vs. The Ducks outdoor hockey game last year at Dodger Stadium,( KISS performed live), it was very painful to hear just how terrible and tore up his vocals are, especially his performance doing Detroit Rock City.

Steve Walsh of Kansas is another vocalist who was phenomenal at one time but now sounds horrible, although thankfully he retired.
>>
>>60345561
>Lars' hairline
JUST
>>
>>60345555
That was what I said. Ian has been an awful singer since the Reagan years. It's not something that happened after the turn of the millenium.
>>
>>60345603
>It's not something that happened after the turn of the millenium.

I never said that.
>>
>>60345574
Yea, there is definitely something wrong with his voice, its not an "ability" thing, it sounds more like a medical thing. He has been screaming for 40 plus years now, and yeah, as you age, you cant hit all the highs and lows like you could in your 20's, but you shouldn't sound like your vocal cords are just shredded either, unless there is some kind of damage there. And sometimes damage can be undone, with medical procedures, rest, and rehabilitation. But sometimes not. Sometimes you wait to long, push to hard, and then the damage is permanent
>>
>>60345584
He had it shaved off at one time and it looked so much better + made him look younger. But the poor guy has always been one of the ugliest blokes in music.
>>
Paul has mentioned it repeatedly in interviews that he's not a "bottled water guy", which tells me he doesn't drink enough water, probably dehydrates himself (that's why the multiple times he's collapsed and taken to hospital) and you think dehydration is good for the vocals? Hell no. He killed his own voice through bad habits or lack of good habits.
>>
being a singer is like being an athlete. You have to take care of your voice, be in good physical health, or your voice will sound like crap. Singers go through a lot. You need proper air flow. The gym helps a lot. Cardio exercises. Singing night after night puts a strain on your voice and you need to rest it. Its like a muscle. I know, I'm a singer as well and I want to sing all the time. But sometimes I have to stop and rest or I'll strain myself
>>
Paul had a vocal procedure done a few years back. I don't believe that he gave his voice enough time to heal. Kiss tour non stop, and the healing process for a vocal procedure can be as long as a year to fully recover .If you sing too soon, you can ruin your voice, permanently. Robert Plant did the same thing in the early 70s. This is why after 1971 you can hear a major dropoff vocally.. You're not even suppose to speak or cough for about a month
>>
>>60345693
This is 100% true.

It's also one of the reasons I'm laughing at the apparent guns n' roses reunion. Axl is a fat slob who couldn't sing for longer then 5 minutes without getting winded.
>>
Geoff Tate, Axl Rose, Rob Halford, David Lee Roth, Geddy Lee and Don Dokken (to name just a few) have been struggling for years as well. Not even shadows of their former selves.
>>
>>60345749
Rob Halford and Geoff Tate can still sing. They just aren't hitting high notes as well as the did in their 20's and 30's. Paul can't sing anymore. His voice sounds like it's shredding and Eric sings along with him to assist him. Gene said, "you're going to kill your voice."
>>
I think Geddy still does a good job. Sure, he can't hit the high pitches anymore, but that's understandable. Also, Halford sounds ok.
>>
>>60345749
Every singer will lose some abilities over time and as they get older. But Rob Halford and Geddy Lee still sing well in my opinion. David Lee Roth is in a category of his own...not even worth talking about anymore...I can't believe Eddie would continue with Roth....Eddie's musicianship etc fronted by Roth is now a joke. But anyways, Klaus Meine still sings well, so does Sammy Hagar just to name a couple more.
>>
Anyone got some good videos showing Robert Plant's vocal decline after 71?
>>
>>60345749
>>60345730
axl rose and phil anselmo sound like shit these days...but the way they have sang over the years just having that sort of aggressive singing style eventually takes its toll
>>
>>60345826
His voice is aging well in my opinion. I saw Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters live and it was pretty damn good.

https://youtu.be/89V_-7UELko
>>
>>60344733
>>60344652
Are you Squidding me? I saw a recent video of Sammy trying to perform stuff like Top of the World and he doesn't sound anything like he did 25 years ago.
>>
File: 1333705.jpg (106 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
1333705.jpg
106 KB, 1024x691
>>60345855
>>60345730
How does this happen
>>
Serious question: How the fuck has Michael Gira kept his ears and voice working after all these years?
>>
One of the bad things about today versus the 80s or whatever is that nowadays any and all concerts get uploaded on the Internet for people to dissect and pick you apart if you had an off night. That wasn't possible 30 years ago and live albums were cleaned up anyway so they were never really "live".
>>
Michael Kiske, Paul Rogers, Sammy Hagar, Steven Tyler, Bruce Dickinson, Klaus Meine, Tom Jones, Glenn Hughes.. (AFTER getting sober and healthy..he lost his voice big time around the time with Sabbath) ... A very small handful of singers who are still exceptionally strong. (There are others also...but this was what first came to mind)

Paul is so horrifyingly bad and he had a phenomenal voice once upon a time...but no way in the world would I spend one penny to hear him crack and strain to sing the most basic of material..or to not sing at all and have Eric Singer cover for him. Until it starts impacting ticket sales, they don't care.
>>
>>60345934
He used to be incredibly handsome but decided he needed plastic surgery for some reason and fucked his face up

also fat, but surgery too
>>
>>60345942
>That wasn't possible 30 years ago

What are "live bootlegs"
>>
>>60345934
I don't think Axl even did that many drugs compared to his band. He just got fat and lazy like most people tend to.
>>
>>60345990
That makes me so fucking sad because he was beautiful in the 80's.

>>60346004
He was very against most drugs. So that's not the reason.
>>
>>60346004
see >>60344951
>>
PS's problem is abusing the hell out of his voice and never giving it a rest; they keep force-feeding Kiss to us when nobody at least in America cares anymore. They can only tour with Aerosmith, Def Leppard, or AC/DC or whatever to accompany them sure they'll still pack stadiums in Brazil or Japan, but yeah time to quit and good luck trying to continue with other guys wearing Gene and Paul's makeup.
>>
>>60345993
A fuzzy tape recording with no video that couldn't be uploaded to the Internet for all the world to see because there was no Internet back then.
>>
>>60346055
>bootlegs didn't spread around the country/world

stop.
>>
File: kim.jpg (116 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
kim.jpg
116 KB, 550x825
Not that she was ever a GREAT singer but her voice in the last decade of Sonic Youth was something else
>>
>>60346004
He did rip apart Kurt Cobain for being a junkie who was irresponsible enough to bring a kid into the world despite being a junkie.
>>
>>60346091
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSUncPXtE9k

I think she mainly needs to be mixed higher but yeah.
>>
I agree. There's a difference between simply losing some range with age and the horrible death rattle that Paul Stanley does now. He's also in complete denial about his wrecked voice like the examples mentioned in here of Gene telling him to take it easy and not attempt songs like Heaven's On Fire, but he of course won't listen.
>>
>>60346113
Holy fuck, I thought aging would be perfect for her delivery. Time is cruel.
>>
>>60346017
>He was very against most drugs.

wait..... what?
What the fuck is Mr Brownstone about, then?
>>
>>60346091
nice
>>
>>60346139
It's all about money. The Jew in him and Gene is too powerful.
>>
>>60346173
About axl pissed off at the rest of the band for being junkies.
>>
>>60346177
I don't think it's money, I think he's in a state of denial. Whenever someone brings up his voice, he just says "Of course people lose some range with age. Do you expect me to still sound the same as I did at 25?" when of course there's a big difference between Bruce Dickinson who just can't hit those stratospheric notes anymore and having completely demolished, annihilated vocal cords.
>>
Axl Rose is a faggot who was raped by his own stepfather and a dude who drove him to LA.
>>
That live acoustic show in Japan where they played a bunch of Led Zeppelin covers was embarrassing. You could also see Gene regretting being there.
>>
>>60346283
the Zeppelin debacle should have convinced him but as he said this is easy. Total blinkered denial. As eddie said nobody's addressing it with him. All to scared to say anything. They obviously need a job. Peters drumming did suffer from the reunion onwards but watch singer boring as hell,playing his own take on classics and botchin them, in Peters makeup. Paul's ego is bigger than gene's I'd say
>>
Maybe it's time now to put the Starchild make up on a new guy and have the three phony guys line up Kiss. Finally Gene goes, gets replaced and they'll have completed the dream of having a perpetual Kiss official tribute band endorsed by Gene and Paul. Oh and they could hold replacement auditions on live TV as a pathetic reality show as well, just to make Kiss's end of career even more depressing.
>>
>>60346184

I get up at 7...
I get out of bed around 9.

Are you telling me he's not talking about himself?
>>
>>60346315
He didn't write the lyrics. Slash and Izzy did.
>>
>>60345819
David Lee Roth is still fine for the more rap-like songs like Hot For Teacher, but he struggles with tunes like Running With The Devil where he has to actually sing.
>>
>>60346315
Other members of the band wrote lyrics, you know...
>>
>>60346314
I just wonder as to why anyone would want to be replaced and turned into a pale imitation of their former glory? Oh, the money! Nevermind, its the driving force behind ALL of Gene and Paul's ambitions and their reason for living. Well, they were already on Dancing With the Turds and American Moron with that Adam guy mutilating Beth.
>>
>>60346368
I'm not in America so I didn't have the pleasure of witnessing what you've described on TV, we do have our similar atrocities on TV here in the UK so don't envy me. Yeah, it's obviously been money the primer driving force behind Gene and Paul, but now I think there's a great degree of self-delusion in Paul's mind, I think the guy's gone mad. You're right they're caricatures of their former selves.
>>
>>60346333
>>60346349

Alright, alright.

All these years I thought that Axl was a fucking rock star, and now I find out that he's just a fucking poseur.
>>
Paul did however sound much better last year of the tour with Def Leppard and the KISS rocks vegas shows but once the 2015 Japan tour started his voice went right back to the way it was in 2010-2013 period.
>>
>>60343176
EWBAITE, Maladroit, and clearly the next album they're gonna release
>>
>>60346391
Axl is the guy who hung out with Elton John and Paul McCartney and wanted to do piano pieces while the rest of the band just wanted to play rawk. He always had this gay faggot side to him.
>>
The irony is that Gene and Paul have always prided themselves on the quality of their live performances and said "We never want to be the boxer or the professional athlete who didn't know when to quit."
>>
>>60345565
he probably lost a good amount of money in court fees during the trials for his creepy sex tapes
>>
>>60344156
Yeah he went downhill fast, but it's not surprising. I couldn't imagine trying to perform Back In Black every night without eventually wrecking my throat. Definitely by "Blow Up Your Video" his voice definitely wasn't very close to his performances on "Back in Black" and "For Those About to Rock."
>>
>>60346506
His voice was excellent up and until the 'Blow Up Your Video' tour was done in 86. When they toured in 88, he didn't sound as good. He struggled at times during the 1990-91 tour too. I've heard him try to do 'Who Made Who' during the 96 tour, that was awful.
>>
>>60346506
>>60346531
I really don't think he sounds awful. He's obviously not nearly as good as he was in 1980 but he's way better than he should be with the way he sings. It works.
>>
>>60346434
He also partied with other rock bands. Chill.
>>
>>60346531
Yeah you can't sing the way he did and expect your voice to last very long. Really, he had about 5-6 years with the band before he was shot.
>>
>>60346417
EWBAITE was almost great.
That new song they released is fucking awesome.
If the next album continues the streak, it will be awesome.
>>
>>60346660
>That new song they released is fucking awesome.
which one
>>
>>60343176
It's amazing how little Rivers has progressed as a song writer. He's still making 3 chord pop-rock songs about pining after girls. That shit don't fly when you're 45.
>>
>>60344298
Ok yeah, Paul in the 70s sang in a lower, more staccato style but then in the 80s after him and Gene started producing records themselves, he decides to do this high falsetto thing to compete with Rob Halford and Vince Neil. That's when he started to fuck up his voice. Gene as you noted did the opposite - he changed his singing style after the 70s to something that would be easier on his throat.
>>
>>60346678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4wjekuKn-4

Videos sucks but song is badass.
>>
>>60342649
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-AK896fCmU

You can hear him struggling on "Live to Win".....its sad to witness such a (former) talent fooling himself that he can still do it.
>>
>>60346797
>this is considered a good Weezer song
wew lad
>>
>>60346797
This is fucking awful
>>
>>60346391
Eh, I don't think rock stars have to *act* any which way to be rock stars. All that matters to me is that in the stage and in the studio they burn shit to the ground. What they do in their lives doesn't matter to me at all.
>>
>>60346838
Whatever.
It's different from everything else they have done, and you can tell that Rivers actually wrote a song.
>>
>>60346797
Do you wanna get high is better I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Wu6lI-42w
>>
>>60346964
Hadn't heard this one yet.
Thanks.
>>
Kiss have always just been a spectacle show rather than about the music. Mick Mars was right what he said about them.
>>
>>60344204

>https://youtu.be/WY5Tho0tbCc?t=4m33s

KD is 59 and had lung cancer or something.

cant stop him, satan is on his side.
>>
File: 1421121573716.jpg (195 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1421121573716.jpg
195 KB, 517x768
>>60345990
I'd just like to take a moment to give recognition to the best filename I've seen in at least a year
>>
>>60343202
( o__o)
>>
I'm not a medical professional, but I'd be willing to bet that Paul Stanley's vocal cords resemble the surface of the Moon at this point. The voice is such an easy thing to damage because there's no nerve endings in there thus you can injure your vocal cords and not even feel it.
>>
>>60346091
>those legs
>them heels
would fuck real proper
>>
>>60346506
That along with smoking and chugging liquor.
>>
>>60343208
>>60343202
That was also BB King, but he finally did everyone a favor by crossing the River Styx. I feel bad for anyone who paid money to see him in his last 10-12 years.
>>
>>60348823
Les Paul and Pete Seegar were in their 90s and they were still pretty good despite some physical limitations.
>>
>>60348950
well, neither were famous for being singers. les paul was a guitar player and pete seeger was more about what was being said than delivery
>>
File: dystopia.jpg (850 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
dystopia.jpg
850 KB, 1080x1080
>>60344218
His vocals got all fucked up after he got a neck injury and they had to do surgery on his throat (orsoiveheard)

Fatal illusion sounded pretty dope though, so im pretty excited for dystopia
>>
>>60344876
You have a point
>>
>>60349347
Oh, I still love his modern output. Super Collider was meh, but I rather enjoyed the few good tracks on it. *But* his vocals are completely unfit to sing his old material any more. Particularly Youthanasia era stuff, maybe he can still hit the notes to Tornado of Souls in a good day.
>>
>>60345561
Listening to james trying to sing anything off of KEA is fucking comical nowadays
>>
>>60349382
He forgot how to scream or what? Like he learnt to sing and he forgot how to sing everything pre-black album, it's kind of silly. I like his new style, though.
>>
Jack White. Guy sounds like absolute garbage. I saw him live in 2013, I doubt he's gotten any better. Smoke up Jack!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx7yky2C9Gk
>THIS WAS IN 2011
>>
>>60349502
He doesn't sound any worse or better than he does in average white stripes or his solo stuff. Whiny, no technique, but a lot of pizazz.
>>
>>60344444
Nobody's gonna check these fucking quints?
>>
>>60342649

Madonna still sounds fantastic, but then she's always been health-conscious and it shows up in the fact that her voice isn't crap after all these years.

'Course the lip-syncing didn't hurt either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSC_rP-Y2ow
>>
File: 54d6c33a0459e.jpg (199 KB, 650x438) Image search: [Google]
54d6c33a0459e.jpg
199 KB, 650x438
Eminem needs to.

His new music is trash.
>>
>>60345936
Gira is, and never was human, he came to this earth to torture pop fags and please noise fags.
>>
File: madonnaukelele.jpg (130 KB, 1368x912) Image search: [Google]
madonnaukelele.jpg
130 KB, 1368x912
>>60350358
Nice. Any more links to quality Rebel Heart tour recordings?
>tfw still waiting for BPProductions to upload a kickass 2 hour edit that blow the official dvd release away
>>
File: getting too old for this shit.png (316 KB, 500x613) Image search: [Google]
getting too old for this shit.png
316 KB, 500x613
all their albums after ultra have been mediocre at best
>>
>>60350389
it looks like he gets smashed in the face with a shovel every year
>>
>>60344951
He looks like shit but his voice is still top. Saw them last month and he still sounds great but yeah get him a personal trainer
>>
>>60343176
>Weezer should retire, not a single good album

Ftfy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_drspegRrA

Fucking Bruce & Glenn showing at 60 odd they still have the goods
>>
>>60350555

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6691v3rWII

She is ultra, as always.
>>
>>60345201
>yes
>no
>sadly yes
>>
>>60345934
SWEET PIE OF MINE
>>
>>60350866
thats because lackof Alan Wilder
>>
>>60352580
*lack of
>>
>>60352558
>>
>>60342649
Kiss is a brand with a music arm.
>>
>>60346055
Dead tour?
>>
I saw KISS last year and while the signing isn't the best anymore, they still put on a really good show. It's impressive for their age.
>>
>>60346091
She sounded alright later Sonic Youth material, any of the early stuff and it's mortifyingly bad
>>
>>60349405
Didn't recording the Black Album fuck up his voice
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.