[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinny Puppy sound more like Depesh Mode than Throbbing Gristle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1438354980892-1.jpg (138 KB, 872x960) Image search: [Google]
1438354980892-1.jpg
138 KB, 872x960
Skinny Puppy sound more like Depesh Mode than Throbbing Gristle.
So why are they considered Industrial?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>60341139
It's a different kind of Industrial compared to Throbbing Gristle. It's called electro-industrial. Other relevant bands: Front Line Assembly, Front 242, KMFDM, Celldweller, VNV Nation (early work), Covenant (early work), Assemblage 23, Rotersand, Velvet Acid Christ, Icon of Coil, etc.
>>
Industrial gets applied to noise, techno, rock, etc. It's a loose descriptor.
>>
>>60341139
>pic unrelated my ass
who is this prettu boy?
>>
>>60341248
Front 242 is EBM.

Skinny Puppy was fucking great until Goettel died.
>>
>>60341268
Yes. Usually it means harsh/metallic beats, dark atmosphere, angry/harsh/ vocals, noisy synths and/or guitars, strong bassline. Nine Inch Nails is a good example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhBRJStz7w
>>
>>60341139
Fear Factory doesn't sound anything like Throbbing Gristle and they are industrial
>>
>>60341331
https://instagram.com/nadiaesra/

Not a trap, just post-ana.
>>
>>60341338
>Front 242 is EBM.

Yes, but EBM is strongly related to Electro-Industrial.

>Electro-industrial is an outgrowth of the EBM and industrial music that developed in the mid-1980s. While EBM has a minimal structure and clean production, electro-industrial has a deep, complex and layered sound, incorporating elements of ambient industrial. The style was pioneered by Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Ministry and Front Line Assembly. In the early '90s, the style spawned the dark electro genre, and in the end of the decade a strongly techno- and hard-trance-inspired style called "hellectro" or "aggrotech".
>>
>>60341139
how do I get that silky smooth skin ;_;
>>
File: smoking.jpg (124 KB, 596x590) Image search: [Google]
smoking.jpg
124 KB, 596x590
>>60341890
by smoking
>>
>>60341139
Die Krupps doesn't sound anything like Throbbing Gristle and they are industrial
>>
>>60342160
>>60341371

I wasn't trying to say that industrial bands have to sound like TG,
The point I was trying to make was that if I listened to SP with out knowing anything about them I would have guessed they were dark synth pop
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.