[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bmsr/ - Black Moth Super Rainbow General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: a0781477511_10.jpg (973 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0781477511_10.jpg
973 KB, 1200x1200
New BMSR announced.

How do you like this new track, /mu/? Certainly reminiscent of their older stuff.

https://blackmothsuperrainbow.bandcamp.com/album/seefu-lilac
>>
it certainly is, genuine anonymous poster
>>
>>60339332
Yes, it most certainly is, other genuine anonymous poster.
>>
>>60339309
What do you mean by 'older stuff?' I can't really listen to it right now but I hope that description means a return to Mellotrons and Boards-ey vibes.
>>
>>60339332
>>60339420
>muh vyrul morkiting
as if anyone would post music on a music board amirite XDD
>>
>>60339429
It's a very simple track. Lo-fi, but with simple acoustic strumming and synths towards the end. It kind of reminds me of Start a People.
>>
>>60339524
Wow, I'm actually really excited for this now. If they manage to not fuck it up it might be one of the better albums of next year.
>>
>>60339650
Agreed. I hope the whole album is as good as this one track.
>>
>>60339494
>bmsr
>viral marketing
welcome, newcomer
>>
man this made my day, thank god they're passed (hopefully) the whole Cobra Juicy bullshit phase
>>
>>60340195
I enjoyed cobra juicy a lot.
>>
>>60340295
it was alright but not in the context of their discography
>>
ah i love it! and i think it's pretty genius to release such a song as the first single
>>
File: ye.jpg (65 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
65 KB, 500x382
>>60339309
Glad that they're getting back to their roots

I'm just hoping that Zackey Force Funk makes a cameo on one of the tracks
>>
Anyone else think the cover is a bit garbage? They didn't really go all-out psychedelic collage but the one place they did just looks slapped together for the sake of maintaining the aesthetic of their other covers.
>>
Oh shit, this was a nice surprise, cheers OP.

I like the track. As much as I liked Cobra Juicy it's great Tom's revisiting the Falling Through A Field vibes.
>>
File: CS1560627-02A-BIG.jpg (793 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
CS1560627-02A-BIG.jpg
793 KB, 700x700
>>60341047
It's the same level of effort as Maniac Meat.
>>
By the way guys:

This isn't a track from a new album.

This is a track from a new mini-album of outtakes from a 6th album that doesn't exist yet.

http://www.radcult.bigcartel.com/product/black-moth-super-rainbow-seefu-lilac-10-vinyl
>>
>>60341091
I dunno, on the new cover the pasted in face just looks out of place and the background is complete shit, and nothing on it really draws your eye in any specific direction. On Maniac Meat's cover there's more than one collage element pasted in and they fit together a lot more, and also the nice logo work directs more attention to the center rather than the picture just being directionless like the new one. Also the background fits it and comes off as simple rather than lazy.
>>
>>60341224
In any case this isn't a serious new album. It's just a compilation of outtakes ala Drippers.
>>
>>60341254
Doesn't excuse a shit cover, but it's not like that really matters and honestly the one preview up sounds indicative of something truly great, so I'm pretty hyped.
(But seriously, that cover is worse than the one on Eating Us.)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.