[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
of Montreal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: hissing-fauna.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hissing-fauna.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Just saw these guys last night here in New Orleans. They were great, a real show. What does /mu/ think of Of Montreal?

Pic related, it's my favorite of their albums.
>>
>>60337417
I like them, although I prefer their older works.
>>
Satanic Panic in the Attic is really overlooked. I think it's one of their best along with Hissing Fauna and Paralytic Stalks. I've also been really enjoying Aureate Gloom, a lot more than I had expected.
>>
>>60337417
Actually their music is all higher octave, and annoying. They cater to younger crowd with undeveloped ears.
>>
>>60337723
k
>>
>>60337735
yea so fuck this thread
>k
faggot
>>
>>60337417
Mostly like their older stuff (your pic especially) but I respect him for his continuous output and for always trying new things, sonically. Also they put on a killer live show.
>>
>>60337768
>accidentally saw them
>listen to pop punk
>love this artist
>>
oM is awesome. Gay parade is a personal favorite, I love the concept and imagining this crazy town with weird people.
I'm not a huge fan of their latest album but lousy with sylvabriar or whatever was actually really good for their newer stuff.

Also they were so much fun live, saw them last year and it was awesome
>>
I like them alot. Hissing Fauna, Sunlandic Twins, Paralytic Stalks are my favorites, although Aureate Gloom is growing on me. Lousy With Sylvianbriar is also really great imo, just different from their older stuff. All around great band with an album to appeal to each of alot of different crowds.

tl;dr: they're a really really good band
>>
>>60337936
band?
kevin barnes has wrote and produced much of their albums.
>>
>>60337417
Paralytic Stalks is my fav.
>>
File: 1446814322418.jpg (11 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1446814322418.jpg
11 KB, 392x243
>>60337795
>listen to pop punk
>>
>>60337723
you forgot to attach that funny "science bitch" meme to your post anon
>>
Skeletal Lamping, Hissing Fauna and Paralytic Stalks will forever be the holy trinity for me.
As basically everyone else said, they've got a pretty consistent release streak and widespread appeal due to all of Barnes experimentation.
>>
paralytic stalks and skeletal lamping are my favorites
i like almost everything they've done tho been listening to aureate gloom a lot recently and it's not bad
>>
My favorite band
Prefer their old stuff, new stuff is cool too
>>
>>60338814
As of late, yes, the project is primarily Kevin Barnes, but prior to Sunlandic Twins was still technically a band with a semi-permanent cast.

With the departure of Dottie, there are no original members sans Kevin.
>>
File: 1447120342501.gif (520 KB, 475x317) Image search: [Google]
1447120342501.gif
520 KB, 475x317
>>60337495
>>
Saw them a few nights ago for the second time. Probably my favorite live show I've ever been to. Agreed that Hissing Fauna, Paralytic Stalks, and Skeletal Lamping are the three best.

>>60341056
Pretty sure he did Satanic completely by himself. His last collaborative album was aldhils, but he got a band together for lousy. Everything in between was completely solo, except for False Priest.
>>
>>60341822
>but he got a band together for lousy

What? Kevin specifically told them he was doing it by himself because he wanted it to be a solo release, and then decided to release it under of Montreal anyway.
>>
>>60341876
From my understanding he got rid of his old band before lousy and got a new one together. He was going to release it as a side project with the new band, but he ended up releasing it under of Montreal since he still did most/all of the writing. It wasn't going to be a solo release, since of Montreal is known to be just Kevin.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.