[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this man so idolized? There's about three songs with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 940x600
Why is this man so idolized? There's about three songs with decent guitar on Mother's Milk (which 99% of his devotees have never heard of) and about 5 bars of decent guitar on BSSM. The rest of his catalogue contains either no or atrocious guitar playing.

Why do so many 12 year olds love him so much?

Cool guy as a person though.
>>
>>60336942
I dunno
RHCP is terrible in general
>>
because you have the dunning krudger effect

because you have bad taste

because your son fell off a cliff on lsd
>>
File: 1445113904070.jpg (30 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1445113904070.jpg
30 KB, 600x800
>judging frusch on his guitar playing on RHCP albums
>>
>>60336942

YOU FUCKING RETARD. HAVE YOU EVEN LISTENED TO HIS SOLO WORK? IT'S ABOUT 8000X BETTER THAN ANYTHING HE HAS DONE WITH RHCP YOU IGNORANT PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>60337042
>judging him on a band he was in where he had most of the creative input
Yeah, who would ever do that?
>>
>>60337350
not him but to not listen to his actual solo work and judge him on that is pretty fucking dumb tbqh
>>
>>60337042
>>60337046
Aren't his fans all people who consider Californication and Stadium Arcadium the two greatest albums of all time?
>>
>>60337505
Why are you assuming that OP hasn't listened to his solo stuff? He's just brought up two RHCP albums (that he had a big part in making) instead of the solo stuff.
>>
>>60336942
>calling music "decent guitar"

rockists plz go
>>
>>60337542
what?
do you judge an artist by their worst work?
surely it is what they have achieved, not what they haven't.
>>
>>60337565
What do you mean by worst work? Maybe OP thinks MM and BSSM are his best work.
>>
>>60337588
haaa nice one

although in that case his opinion about the quality of something would be essentially meaningless
>>
>>60337617
This thread is about Fruscainte's fanbase and most popular guitar playing. Not about his relatively niche solo music, great as it is.
>>
>>60337617
Actually, OP pretty much says MM and BSSM are his best work. But I guess he just can't see the genius behind his work, or whatever. Stop riding John's dick.
>>
>>60337637
I'm not sure you can call it his most popular guitar playing.

More people no doubt listen to the red hot chilli peppers than his solo work, and yet they listen to the band itself, not specifically his guitar playing
>>
By the way and Usually just a T shirt his best work.
>>
Because he plays the most romanticized instrument for a popular band
>>
>>60337521

no
>>
baiting this hard.
>>
File: 1442870078412.jpg (254 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1442870078412.jpg
254 KB, 900x948
>Blood Sugar Sex Magik doesn't have good guitar parts on it
>>
>>60337564
he's talking about guitar parts you knob
>>
>>60337826
Finally. Somebody who isn't a fucking retard who also digs John.

>>60336942
As on old time johnfag, let me shed some insight into the phenomenon and why its pretty much the thing I hate most in this world.

Basically, the only people who used to be into John, like most things, were a relatively small group of people who really liked his music. Mostly people smart enough not to buy the RHCP is for 16 yr olds meme, and just genuinely listened to and liked the band. Like if they weren't super popular and didn't get played on the radio, these people would still really like the band. These fans naturally listened to his solo stuff, and a small number of them really gravitated towards Niandra because they found it to be a sound/expression they haven't found in anything else. Those people praised it a lot on music forums and whatnot, but most people were still turned off by it. This was all pre-Stadium Arcadium.

Then, in 2006, Stadium Arcadium came out and John played some more conventional guitar-hero type licks/solos, which got him some attention with guitar mags and websites that are mainly consumed/frequented by teenage wannabe guitar players who latched onto John because he is easily the best guitar player you are likely going to hear on a modern rock station and gave these aspiring kids somebody to look up that wan't some faggot bullshit like 3 days grace. These kids hen went onto music forums and saw the old johnfags showering praise on his solo stuff so they knew they had to say the same thing or else they "wouldn't get it," even though a lot of times it was clear they kind of didn't. It created a huge circlejerk of fags rushing to defend everything he does/has done out of fear that they won't fit in with the small niche of people who genuinely like his music, which is admittedly not for everybody.

Suddenly you had a bunch of fucking faggots running around calling themselves "frusciples" and being pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>60340642
2/2

They are incredibly insecure, having based so much of their identity on something they don't even like. and thus cannot take criticism of his work unless its his newer electronic stuff because that gives them an out by saying they don't like electronic music or that they mainly like his guitar playing. When I first stated getting into John around 2004, I almost never saw people mention him outside the context of RHCP, other than on a few forums. I mean people obviously knew him, but most people just admit that they didn't like his solo music because there was no reason not to.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.