[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven or Soundtracks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1
File: Liftyrskinnyfists.jpg (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Liftyrskinnyfists.jpg
151 KB, 500x500
wich is the best and why?
>>
soundtracks for the blind

that godspeed album is one of the most soullless try-hard albums i've ever heard (srs)
>>
Lift is more immediately enjoyable and easy to immerse yourself into.

Soundtracks is really tough but once it clicks it gets really good.

I'd probably say Lift just because I listen to it more, but I think they're pretty equal.
>>
i prefer LYSF because it's more cinematic to me, SFTB is also amazing but it just feels more stagnant to me
>>
I succ dik
>>
>>60336426
both are great, but i prefer lift
>>
>>60336515
THIUS
>>
>>60336515
THIS
>>
>>60336426
>>60336445
>>60336462
I predicted this
>>
HELLA
>>
didn't really enjoy soundtracks after the first listen, what do i need to do to understand it better?
>>
>>60337338
listen to it outside in the dark
>>
>>60336426
Eh, definitely SFTB.
>>
>>60336426
both 10/10s for me but if i had to chose i would say soundtracks for the blind.
The album was more experimental, more depressing, more fucked up and better in a long run
>>
I dunno, I don't really find them comparable but if we go by personal preferemce alone, then SftB. Still really like LYSF though. Kinda sad that it gets a lot of hate for essentially being proto-third wave though.
>>
>>60337338
read lyrics, think what they mean and just overall try to understand it better.
Also you should maybe try listening to it alone in a dark room and on headphones, it gives a more scarier and a more fucked up felling.
If you listened to it only once dont worry its not weird if you didnt like it, i liked it on the first listen but many people say they dont like it on the first listen and then later they love.
>>
SFTB because it's hella fucking epic
>>
STFTB any day of the week
>>
>>60338311
i actually find them comparable, i think both of them are about life just done differently
>>
Lift Your Skinny Fists is a lot better

And I love Soundtracks for the Blind
>>
I prefer LYSF tho it isn't my favourite Godspeed, still love soundtracks
>>
>>60336426
bump
>>
>>60336426
From the few times I've heard them Soundtracks absolutely outstrips Lift in quality just from the fact that it doesn't give me an intimate understanding of why people label post-rock 'crescendo-core.' Honestly though, even though I haven't listened to much post-rock it seems like I just prefer whatever variant of the genre Swans did over Godspeed's seeing as I also really enjoyed To Be Kind.
>>
>>60339440
Yeah, pretty much this.

LYSF is easy to get into, but FA∞ and SRfNZK (EP not album, but still) are better than it.
>>
>>60341456
the fact that it's "crescendo-core" is what makes it for me to be honest
>>
>>60341987
I can totally see that but whatever way this album does it just sounds like complete shit to me. It weird because as I mentioned I enjoyed To Be Kind and that has some pretty ridiculously long, crescendo-heavy songs on it.
>>
>>60336426
bump
>>
bump
u
m
p
>>
>>60341623
why the fuck dont you just say slow riot you mong
>>
>>60344428
not him, but it looks hipper that way
>>
>>60336426
Swans is a shit band that only try hard hipsters "enjoy".
>>
>>60337338
The best listening experience I had with it was while laying on my floor in the dead of Texas summer with the A/C broken
>>
LYSFLATOH mosly beacuse of Jarboe tracks
>>
>>60337338
Skip the jarboe tracks
>>
>>60336426
Honestly Swans fucking suck
>>
lysf easily
>>
>>60336426
Spiderland is better than both.
>>
>>60336515
>this
>>
>>60345597
>>60345575
Jarboe tracks?
>>
Lysf
but also >>60346931
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5992894
>>
>>60336445

Is taking your passion seriously now try-hard?
>>
Soundtracks for me, since it's a really interesting blend of a bunch of different things and manages to make 2 and a half hours of music all worth listening to from front to end. That being said, Sleep is one of my favorite songs ever made.
>>
>>60349267
true
>>
>>60346931
false
>>
LYSF can be enjoyed in most any settings and moods

SftB is a very specific type of mood, at least for me personally
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.