[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dean Blunt general discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: dean_blunt-5.jpg (547 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
dean_blunt-5.jpg
547 KB, 1000x667
plenty to talk about, less go

also check out some freestyles he deleted from soundcloud after 2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nrmHPvs05E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq741mxx_SY
>>
>>60335429
Nothing to talk about. guy is legit con artist
funny post modern artist
now he's selling weed from his youtube channel im laffin
>>
>>60335429
>karaoke over stolen beats
>>
>>60335444
nah hype williams was really nice-sounding
more than just post-modernism
>>
hyperdub project before the end of the year or not lads?
>>
>>60335488
yea but this is dean blunt general
hype williams had like 6-8 members
>>
Can someone please explain why they think Dean Blunt is important/good? I don't mean to say that he isn't, I just find the music hard to wrap my head around. I've seen some people around here say that he's relaxing or meditative, but I don't get that at all. His albums sound erie and off-putting.

I've also read that he likes messing with people, so I doubt he's given a discussion on the conceptual themes of his music, contrary to someone like 0PN where that stuff is well-documented. I don't know, his whole repertoire seems so intentionally enigmatic. Just trying to get a feel for it.
>>
I don't understand how anyone could like this but ok
>>
>>60335499

https://twitter.com/hyperdub/status/651742784618106880

>>60335529
It's just bants and feels in music form really.He chooses to use a lot of shit majority of people would discard.
I think his live shows are where he shines best.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEvASiMn-s
very intense
>>
>>60335429
He is the very definition of talentless hack
>>
>>60335559
nice, always good to have something to look forward to in the usually empty first months of a new year
>>
>>60335607
on some level i get why you'd think this, but that same suspicion is kind of what sets him apart for me. like oneohtrix point never, ok, he's great, his new album is crazy well produced and it's obvious that he's a talented electronic dude-- put g.o.d. next to some chintzy shit on bandcamp and it's no contest. but blunt sort of exists more in the world, he's on no inherently better level than anyone else, so there's no hierarchy. it's like someone you know. but ultimately the music stands for itself and is really fucking good. and that means more than like opn getting on a major label or some shit.
>>
>>60335649
You sound like you have stockholm syndrome but its even worse that you accept inferiority.
>>
>>60335802
>accepting inferiority
cross-post mens rights activism thread. doesn't have to be a power struggle, wagner.
>>
>>60335559
what albums/recordings of his can I listen to to hear more of the hardcore crazy shit he does at live shows?
>>
>>60336196
>Yeah everyone should stay mediocre like me and dont try their best!You're great the way you're go.guy!
>>
>>60336471
grats you figured out dean blunt
http://www.aimlowmusic.co.uk/#!writers/c1ppg
>>
>>60336249
Wish I knew. his hype williams stuff had a bunch of live recordings on slsk
but so far he hasn't released any of his performance art. and he never tours near me :(
so it's just bits on instagram and youtube far now.
unfortunate too. all of his music sounds better from what i've ever heard.
>>
>>60336550
yeah I tried his albums but at the end of the day unless you are on mad drugs or just depressed and sleep deprived they aren't all that good.
>>
>>60336471
not about staying mediocre, it's about finding the greatness within. you don't need to go on a music industry journey to find your own self-worth. did you miss the part where i said i believed his music to be outstanding unto itself, not mediocre?
>>
>>60336571
checkout his song with arca
https://soundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/babyfather-meditation-prod-babyfather-arca
>>
>>60335559

This hyperdub twitter post seems like it might be an art installation of some type or possibly a month long event related to Dean but I don't see how this assumes a release date of any kind?
>>
>>60336964
yeah that's just another gallery show. new art, but not music. though their reply to the guy asking about new dean music seems to confirm that there's something in the works. "we'll let you know"
>>
>>60337043
what does his art look like
>>
people on here are trying too hard to get into him, and other artists in general

always trying to figure everything about the artist so when someone like dean comes about where little is known about him, they just get confused as fuck

my friend sent me some hype williams video 2 years ago and i just went from that, no need to ask in which order you should listen to the albums or comparing recordings and live performances

just listen to the music and make what you will of it
>>
>>60335429
thanks for the freestyles please delete this thread soon
>>
>>60337398
sure i can agree with this. i tend to overanalyze things but it's true that the initial interest was just thinking hype williams tracks on yt were funny and cool. if that doesn't happen the rest won't either.
>>
>>60337398
nah m8 his live performance are lit. strobe lights,bodyguard,10mins loop of the white man I say to you over and over again.and dean looking at the crowd like he's about to fight somebody

Wish i could see that full version of that. just the small bits on youtube top all of his studio albums imo
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.