[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw this is the best and most innovative hip hop album of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: perfect hair - busdriver.jpg (48 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
perfect hair - busdriver.jpg
48 KB, 430x430
>tfw this is the best and most innovative hip hop album of the decade but people won't shut the fuck up about Kendrick and RTJ
>>
his new album is better honestly
>>
File: shabazz palaces lese majesty.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
shabazz palaces lese majesty.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
>>60334611
none of these three are innovative at all

now pic related and the album before it are genuinely innovative
>>
>>60334611
Nobody cares senpai.
>>
>tfw busdriver and mr. oizo will never collab
>>
It's true. HHAOTY2014

Beaus$Eros is a masterpiece too
>>
I'm a Busdriver fan and I didn't really think it was innovative. His style in general is super unique but he didn't really do much outside of the norm for himself other than bringing together his art rap and pop sides a bit.
It was still a really good album of course.
>>
File: nevermen.jpg (100 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
nevermen.jpg
100 KB, 620x620
>>60335248
This.

I think Nevermen is going to be really good.
They definitely took their sweet time with it.
>>
>anything related to Hellfyre Club
>innovative or good
that entire group is the Childish Gambino of backpack rap
>>
>>60334629
seeing them live soon,they any good?
>>
>>60334625
this
>>
>>60335248
This.
Now Temporary Forever - THAT was an innovative album.
>>
>tfw this neckbeard rap album is better than these two neckbeard rap albums

Listen to Fetty, Thugger, and Future and get your dick sucked or something. Jesus.
>>
>>60335311
>I only know about Milo
That said, "the Childish Gambino of backpack rap" is perfect to describe him.
>>
>>60334625
yea
>>
>>60336194
Gr8 b8 m8

Those artists are still shit
>>
>>60334611
Definitely the best hip hop album of the 2010s. I'd hesitate to call it innovative though.
>>
>>60336194
>Listen to Fetty, Thugger, and Future and get your dick sucked or something. Jesus.
Sorry. My personality is not as pathetic as yours. I can manage to get my dick sucked without listening to trash.
>>
>>60334611
It's Busdriver shoehorning himself into the modern pseudo-trap production style that's going around.

At the very least Clipping- Midcity was better, not to mention Lil Ugly Mane- Uneven Compromise, A1- After School Special, The Uncluded- Hokey Fright, ExMilitary, both Kanye albums, and on, and on, and on.
>>
>>60337268
Except the only track that sounds remotely trap influenced is When the Tooth-lined Horizon Blinks, which is also one of the most abrasive and experimental songs on the album.
>>
>>60337346
>pseudo-trap production != trap.
>>
>>60337374
I said trap influenced. Let's say pseudo-trap = trap influenced, since you want to be anal about it.

Name another track on the album that sounds pseudo-trap.
>>
>>60337424
I never meant to say the album was directly influenced, just that Busdriver seems to be jumping on the distorted, "soundcloud" sound that so many hip hop artists are making, which was pretty much introduced by trap.

Perfect Hair is pretty much Busdriver's Yeezus, except Yeezus had some good pop hooks and a variety of production techniques.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.