[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the worst group of people: P4k/Top40 plebs? Or RYM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Which is the worst group of people:

P4k/Top40 plebs?

Or RYM Avant-teens?
>>
memerap fans
>>
they're pretty much the same thing now

avant-teen is dead and all the avant-teens have either a. left or b. changed their shtick around to poptimism
>>
both are beautiful groups of people
>>
>>60333502
>Top40 plebs

They're all waifutards. They don't belong here anymore than KPOP fans.
>>
what's an avant-teen?
>>
>>60333502
theyre the same thing now
>>
>>60333559
A buzzword used by plebs for people who listen to music thats not 4/4 bleeps or verse-chrous-verse pop/rock from the USA or Western Europe.
>>
>>60333559

les rallizes denudes, natural snow buildings, cardiacs, morton feldman, stockhausen, john coltrane- ascension, nico- desertshore, the list could go on
>>
>>60333559
A person who doesn't care about the quality of the music they listen to, but instead the obscurity of it.
>>
>>60333559
Someone who likes Morton feldman and other inaccessible shit
>>
>>60333517
See category A
>>
>>60333583
why cardiacs
>>
>>60333589
what's so inaccessible about feldman lol are you retarded
>>
>>60333502
/mu/
>>
Reddit
>>
>>60333583
All of those listed are pretty great
>>
>>60333616

It's just le random, slow sounds, how can anyone like him?
>>
>>60333688
That doesn't make it innacesible.
>>
>>60333688
you look at music the wrong way
>>
>>60333559
i don't know the actual definition

i think it means 19 year olds pretending their favorite recordings of the 20th century are some mediocre sound poetry records or some bullshit, while they privately enjoy trap rap more than anything, or something along those lines.
>>
>>60333688
Unless you hate Hecker and SOTL too you are a hypocrite.
>>
>>60333559
it's used to describe a group of people on rym, but now, it's pretty much a meaningless buzzword that people seem to use when somebody listens to artists they don't know
>>
>>60333703
>>60333716
>>60333758
>sperging avant-teens

Fuck you guys, avantgarde musc is shit. all of it is shit
>>
>>60333787
inorite, why doesn't all music have a danceable beat, >tfwngf lyrics or raps about money and bitches xD
>>
>>60333787
idiot
>>
Avant-memers desu.
>implying Feldman is good
>>
>>60333559
A teenager who values his own idea obscurity and experimentation above everything else. I use "his own idea" since they mostly listen to exact same stuff and drone a certain persons favorite music from 3+ years ago.
>>
good thread
>>
while P4k drones and RYM Avant-teens are both pretentious the avant-teens a least listen to some good music even if its for the wrong reason

top 40 people are just ignorant usually or indulging themselves as
any music listener does
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.