[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, T-Pain can actually sing really well without autotune
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: T-Pain.png (349 KB, 503x430) Image search: [Google]
T-Pain.png
349 KB, 503x430
This is crazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjXUg1s5gc
>>
Wait you thought any ol fool could use auto tune and make it sound good? You have to be a pretty decent vocalist in the first place to make it work as intended.
>>
Damn. Really great voice actually.
>>
Too bad the lyrics are garbage.
>>
>>60331714
sup reddit
>>
>>60331714

The way that they are performing gives off the vibe that the life portrayed in the lyrics is not the life that he wants to live...a there is more to life than just this type of feeling
>>
>>60331728
Holy fuck, you just copy/pasted that from youtube, what is wrong with your life?
>>
>>60331763

Holy fuck, you just copy/pasted that from youtube, what is wrong with your life?
>>
why does he keep fiddling with his hat
>>
>>60331714
Shit if music makes you feel good then who really gives a fuck damn.
>>60331678
Some people say Kanye should stop using autotune, because he kind of has a decent voice, but a lot of people also like 808's and Heartbreak. Maybe autotune is some people's thing. (ALSO NOT IMPLYING YOU WERE SAYING AUTOTUNE WAS BAD CAUSE YOU DIDN'T. :D)
>>
>>60331728
>>60331763
LMAO I'M DYING WHY WOULD HE COPY PASTE SUCH VAGUE GARBAGE
>>
1:49 is awesome felt the goosebumps
>>
File: tpainohyes.jpg (7 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
tpainohyes.jpg
7 KB, 250x213
>yfw he slides it in
>>
>>60331727
really anon
you're going to defend the lyrics of some banal pop songs
really
ok dude, you do you
>>
>>60331678
WOW.

lyrics are absolutely discusting thought
>>
So he used autotune like a voicebox effect, I'm guessing he's a big fan of Zapp & Roger.
>>
>>60331787
Kanye sounds awful even with autotune tho
>>
>>60331678
why is this surprising to you? all black people can sing
>>
I saw t-pain live (for free) good voice and band to back him up.
>>
>>60331678
this shit is great
>>
>>60331687
see Kanye for counterexamples
>>
Friendly reminder that there is not a single artist who uses autotune to "make it sound like they can sing" or whatever these wrong generation kids think.

It's such an obvious effect. It doesn't make anyone sound like they have a good singing voice, it's just a vocal effect.
>>
dude played at my college. music was pretty lame but he's a good performer and i was hammered enough for it to be fun
>>
>>60335881
>there is not a single artist who uses autotune to "make it sound like they can sing"

not true at all. like autotune was invented exactly for this purpose, and plenty of artists use it for its intended purpose.

for example the newest beach boys album has tons of autotune, because brian is old as shit and can't sing anymore, and it sounds gross.
>>
he sounds ok. I'm not an rnb expert but i can tell that
and also why should it matter, if he was making good music with autotune? he doesn't just use it to make himself stay on key, it's part of the structure of his music
>>
>>60335993
it isn't used that way in hip hop though
>>
File: 1430513395101.jpg (28 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1430513395101.jpg
28 KB, 447x444
>>60331787
>Some people say Kanye should stop using autotune

lol have you ever heard kanye without autotune

dude is the worst singer in the music biz
>>
>>60331687

nope
>>
>>60331687
>You have to be a pretty decent vocalist in the first place to make it work as intended.

(not true by the way)
>>
>>60337023
HAVEN'T SAID A WOOORD
HAVEN'T SAID A WOOORD TO YOU THIS EEEVENIN'
>>
File: d53.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
d53.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>>60331687
>Wait you thought any ol fool could use auto tune and make it sound good?

1. nobody uses autotune anymore, it's melodyne now

2. it's used almost exclusively for people who can't hit notes accurately (all pop albums), or used to the extreme for people who can't really sing at all (like Kanye).
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.