[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually listen to Fitter Happier or do you just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 151x148) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 151x148
Does anyone actually listen to Fitter Happier or do you just skip it every time?
>>
its a creepy song and i like it
>>
I skip everything except Fitter Happier
>>
>>60331316
>literally what
>>
It's in my top 3 on the album. Shit's great.
>>
I skip the whole album.
>>
It's a one time listen.
>>
>>60331316
If you skip fitter happier its because youre fucking weak. If you actually listen to the song every time you play the album through, it has this very eerie quality to it where you forget about all the great instrumental writing and amazing melodies on the album and instead zero in on the dread of what the robot voice is saying.
>>
>he actually skips songs on albums
>>
>>60331686
>song
>>
>>60331697

Fitter Happier very much has musical qualities to it. If you consider the text-to-speech program or whatever the fuck they used as an instrument then sure, it's an instrumental. But let's just ignore that solemn as fuck, obvious as fuck piano melody and keyboards.
>>
>>60331686
It's an ambient filler. Sometimes you just wanna get to electioneering so that you hype out.
>>
>>60331726

>filler

Of all the songs on OKC, Fitter Happier is one of the last songs I'd call filler.
>>
>>60331316
It's not even an actual song but it's a fantastic interlude
>>
>>60331567
>>
The Bends > OKC > HttT > Kid A > Amnesiac > In Rainbows > King Of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
I always skip Electioneering and Climbing Up the Walls. I wish they'd put Meeting in the Aisle instead.
>>
>>60331316
I just skip the entire album
>>
I listen to it every time. Skip Electioneering if I want to get through the album while driving home though.
>>
>>60331880
HttT > Kid A > In Rainbows > OKC > Amnesiac > The Bends > King of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
>>60332021
i kind of get electioneering but climbing up the walls, why on earth
>>
Fitter Happier is so good, why would you skip that

No longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate
Nothing so childish, at a better pace
Slower and more calculated
No chance of escape
>>
>>60332061
kid a > rainbows = amnesiac > okc > httt > Bens > KOL > pablo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Z5zP7aijo

Pere Ubu did it better and 20 years before Radiohead
>>
>>60332510

This is so wrong.

Amnesiac (7) = OKC (7) > kid A (6.5) > all of the rest (between 4 and 6).
>>
>>60331316
it's two minutes on a nearly hour long album chill
>>
>>60332061

Almost.

HttT = Amnesiac > Kid A > In Rainbows > OKC > The Bends > King of Limbs > Pablow Honey
>>
>>60332510
>>60332764
OKC>Kid A>In Rainbows>Amnesiac>The Bends>Hail To The Thief>>>TKOL>>>Pablo
>>
>>60332789

Correcct pacing is extremely important for immersion to happen.
>>
i think its a great song
>>60332801
HTT=In Rainbows>Amnesiac>OKC>The Bends>Kid A>Pablo Honey>>>>>>>TKOL
>>
>>60332967
HTT is a great fucking album
>>
>>60333063
obviously their best, myxomatosis is one hell of a song
>>
>>60331316
you nigga do what ? how can you ?
>>
>>60331674
>it has this very eerie quality to it where you forget about all the great instrumental writing and amazing melodies on the album and instead zero in on the dread of what the robot voice is saying

>>60331720
>Fitter Happier very much has musical qualities to it. If you consider the text-to-speech program or whatever the fuck they used as an instrument then sure, it's an instrumental. But let's just ignore that solemn as fuck, obvious as fuck piano melody and keyboards.

This. It's a very good track. Not a song, but if songs are the only form of music you can enjoy, you're missing out big time.
>>
>>60331316
>implying people skip tracks on concept albums
you are the current strain of cancer which is running through /mu/
>>
>>60331316
It's one of their best songs
>>
>>60331316
Tbh i do
>>
>>60331316
Fitter Happier helps to keep the album varied, just like Electioneering does. So no, I don't skip it.
>>
>>60331880
so wrong

>>60332061
wrong

>>60332510
wrong

>>60332764
close

>>60332793
getting there
>>60332967
lol no

Amnesiac > Kid A > OK Computer > Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > In Rainbows >The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
I skip Electioneering DESU
>>
>>60332021
Climbing Up The Walls? What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 242.png (17 KB, 668x769) Image search: [Google]
242.png
17 KB, 668x769
>>60331327
>>
It's probably the best song of their 90's work.
>>
it makes me unhappy because I thought I was happy until I listened to Fitter Happier, so now I'm not happy.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.