[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /mu/ Does anyone make a suitcase record player that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
File: crosley-traveler-672x372.jpg (50 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
crosley-traveler-672x372.jpg
50 KB, 672x372
Sup /mu/

Does anyone make a suitcase record player that isn't going to eat my records alive after a couple dozen plays?
I'm open to the vintage market but I'd prefer new. If I go vintage I'd need a recommendation of what to scour ebay and SA for.
>>
No, theyre all shit

Buy a real table
>>
>>60331286

none that I know of. The problem lies with the fact that any decent setup won't really be an all in one, and you'd probably want at least a three part system, receiver, turntable and speakers. If you don't care about the portability aspect you could always build one, put a nicer turntable inside one but I don't really see why you'd want that. Why do you want a suitcase player anon?
>>
>>60331286
Tbh I've had a Crosley suitcase one for around $150.00. The price wasn't great, but you can check amazon and ebay maybe, I got it at Newbury Comics. I've had it for a few months, doesn't seem to >eat my records alive after a couple dozen plays

But your choice :D
>>
File: GjtPAwN.jpg (58 KB, 501x900) Image search: [Google]
GjtPAwN.jpg
58 KB, 501x900
The whole point of listening to records (analog music for that matter) is sound quality. So why the fuck would you buy a cheap piece of shit marketed to hipsters that sounds like 40 mexicans defecating refried beans
>>
don't buy these pieces of shit. my brother went through two of them before buying a real turntable. vinyl is pointless though
>>
>>60331331
You can still hear your vintage sound quality on a Crosley compared to a regular old turntable.

Or maybe I'm just some fucking guy who doesn't really give a shit about the "whole point of listening to records".

These days most people buy them to collect them because they love an album, not to be a dumbass whose sole reason to buy an album is to literally just to listen to it.

Fuck that. I'm not paying like 25-30$ for nice albums nowadays so I can listen closely and hear some crackling and shit, I'm paying like 25-30$ for an album now because I like to fucking collect albums that I love.

And then buy some old ass turntable because it sounds more like a fucking rice krispies bowl mixed with your favorite music, than a newer turntable that's apparently marketed towards "hipsters".

I'm not gonna go out and buy a vintage CD player thirty years from now because it sounds more vintage than the shit we'll have then, I'm gonna buy a CD player thirty years from now with cool lights and shit and then buy an album and put it on my shelf and collect it because I love that album.

Stop being such a dense motherfucker, you're the hipster.
>>
>>60331331
>he thinks people buy records in the 21st century because they care about the music.
>>
File: kden.jpg (187 KB, 500x623) Image search: [Google]
kden.jpg
187 KB, 500x623
>>60331393
>crackling and shit
>he buys records in less than mint condition
>thinks digital music discs sound different on an older player
>mfw hes a fucking idiot
>>
File: tumblr_mdbcc1OLO81rkdc8ro1_250.png (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdbcc1OLO81rkdc8ro1_250.png
18 KB, 250x250
>>60331393
pic related

>>60331399
good doubles
>>
File: youtbh.jpg (65 KB, 706x674) Image search: [Google]
youtbh.jpg
65 KB, 706x674
>>60331393
Are you comparing a Crosley player to anything else and calling it the same?
>>
Senpai vintage is the only bae
>>
File: 3747332.png (18 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
3747332.png
18 KB, 625x626
>>60331286
>>
>>60331417
Only buy records that are less than mint condition when I literally can NOT find that album in any condition better than mint condition for a decent price, sometimes don't even open the packaging either, hence the "collecting" part. Also the whole digital music disc thing was a metaphor, obviously digital is digital, after that sound quality is determined by speakers, I'm not retarded. And yes, crackling and shit, next part explains again this.
Literally.
Again.

>>60331399
I don't know about anyone else, but the first album I ever bought was without a record player. Why? Cause the album was one of my favorites of all time, it was in the store, I adored the album art, and it was brand new in the packaging. Kind of a collector's item for me. From that point on, yes I borrowed my dad's old record player, then bought a Crosley myself. Literally if I listen closely enough, yes I am going to hear the vintage quality more on his old player, but holy God do I not really give a fuck. I did it to listen to music on vinyl and still do, but the main reason I buy vinyls is mainly because I love that album, and it's one of my favorites, it's in the store, and I'm trying to care about the music, not only listen to it.

>>60331452
Obviously not what I said at all, read a bit deeper into that one. Crosley's are obviously the biggest record players NOW, simply because they're marketed everywhere, Best Buy, Newbury Comics, etc. Older record players don't really matter to me, because like I said I don't listen to the vinyls as much as I like to collect them for album art and the love and care of good music. Or at least music that I find good.

Unrelated but if some of you still believe that since it's a new machine and it's a Crosley, it's going to eat away at your records every time you play them, I have a sister who literally listens to at least 10 of her albums a day on her Crosley and all of them look and sound perfectly fine to me.
>>
File: 1443163474587.jpg (15 KB, 281x350) Image search: [Google]
1443163474587.jpg
15 KB, 281x350
>>60331585
>sound quality is determined by speakers
.... and also the frequency response of your amplifier and the cartridge on your turntable.

why the fuck are you trying to argue if you don't know literally fucking anything about audio
>>
>>60331585
autistic hipster alert

just buy music on itunes, I think it will work out better for you.
>>
OP here

The reason behind this is that I'm going to be moving around A LOT this coming year. I'm getting out of the USMC and I have a decent amount of $$$$ saved up. My plan for the next year it to move around every few months to different states and just live life...something I haven't been able to do for the past 5 years (aviation maintenance contract). I own a selfish truck so I'm fitting my life into the passenger seat with some things in the bed (bicycle and such). That means a few of my favorite records and CDs and a box of my favorite books is all I'll have for permanent entertainment.
>>
>>60331641
This was literally something I argued not including in the response because I knew an audio fag would come along and correct my ass. This wasn't the point of my argument, the guy thought I was a fucking idiot when I made a metaphor about CDs and Vinyls 30 years from now, I'm not trying to say I know a lot about fucking audio, I'm trying to make a point that you should fucking buy albums and records to collect them not to fucking just listen to them you shitsack.
>>
>>60331653
then stick with cds.

records are not a portable music format
>>
>>60331650
Don't see how it makes me a hipster, and I usually just listen to shit on itunes or my computer or phone anyway (cause remember like I said I buy vinyls to collect not to listen usually), so I ask, what's your fucking point.
>>
File: lmaoing.jpg (6 KB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
lmaoing.jpg
6 KB, 197x200
>>60331662
ur shit at music
>>
>>60331679
Just like TheNeedleDrop :D Idrgaf what you say, I like vinyls for collecting not listening, which means that I care about my music more, I seriously do not give a fuck. :D
>>
>>60331669
I'm not going to be living out of my truck. But if it isn't going in there it is going to a SA or Savers. Some of those records I'm not going to give up and I want a way to play them that is compact.
>>
File: 1443317559239.png (522 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1443317559239.png
522 KB, 500x737
>>60331671
>ooooohhhhh look at the pretty color of the record!!!!
>I payed money to support the artists music but fuck it XDDD im not even going to listen to it LOL its like pokemon cards gotta collect em all right guys??? I'm going to collect them because my life is empty as fuck and maybe someone will think I have something going on in my life because records are making a comeback XDddddXddD!!!!!!111!!!! but ill call them vinyls because im an inbred kek! ECKSDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>60331708
LMAO K SO you're gonna go ahead and tell me you don't really give a fuck about supporting the artist or collecting when you buy an album on vinyl. You literally just wanna listen to it. What the actual fuck dude lmfao
>>
File: he.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
he.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
>>60331718
>>60331691
0/10 you are going to have to try harder
>>
>>60331725
I have a good life, never been depressed, and in an hour or two I'll forget about this thread, I really don't care, you're all autists, why should I give a fuck.
>>
>>60331757
>calls us autists
you're projecting
>>
>>60331798
All of your life goals, are literally to sit around listening to old records on old players hoping to god that records don't make a comeback so you can still be hipster autists with your old ass 20th century music. So yeah you're autists, I'll say it again, fucking autist.
>>
File: 1442825404232.gif (1 MB, 276x260) Image search: [Google]
1442825404232.gif
1 MB, 276x260
>>60331848
>>
>>60331286
Got one for $5 frm an op shop today.
>>
Crosleys are great, they really bring out that old crackly sound of a 50 year old record but with brand new records. It's amazing having a never played record sound like and old warped beat up record that's been played hundreds of times. Really a nostalgic feeling.
>>
Listen to mp3s you kuck.
>>
>>60331393
What a good little capitalist drone you are.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.