[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which rock band has the best lyrics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 16625005-mmmain.jpg (29 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
16625005-mmmain.jpg
29 KB, 300x243
Which rock band has the best lyrics?
>>
Leonard Cohen
>>
Oasis
>>
>>60329823
Roger Waters Pink Floyd
>>
pavement
>>
Van Halen
>>
>>60329861
Underrated
>>
>>60329823
Picaresque and previous albums had great lyrics but they kind of declined in quality later on with the exception of some standouts like The Island/Come and See/... and The Crossing
>>
>>60329903
every member of pavement would disagree
>>
The Shins. Mercer is a severely underrated lyricist.
>>
>>60329861
I absolutely love Pink Floyd but their lyrics are NOT the best. Money, Pigs on the Wing, and Have a Cigar are pretty horrid.
>>
Nirvana

I love Kurt Cobain's minimal, almost opaque lines with great imagery and wit.

Some of my favorites:

Now I vomit cum and diarrhea / On the tile floor like oatmeal pizza / Fill my toilet bowl full of a cloudy / Puss, I feel the blood becoming chowder / Rust.

We can have some more. / Nature is a whore. / Bruises on the fruit, / Tender age in bloom.

"Polly" is a lyrical masterpiece. Bob Dylan said it was his favorite song of theirs, obviously because of the words.
>>
>>60330114
I gotta disagree. The Decemberists have become a lot less verbose, but Meloy has matured as a songwriter. The King is Dead is criminally underrated, and while not every track is great, Don't Carry It All and This Is Why We Fight are especially amazing.

>>60330162
Agreed
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.