[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all agree Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 is the best part of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
So we all agree Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 is the best part of this album, right?
>>
pt 1 > pt 2
>>
>>60327239
You ok there buddy?
>>
Carrot Flowers 1&2 or die
>>
>>60327202
yeah it's kinda like how even though it might not be someone's favorite you have to sit back and think "this is the best song on the album"

kinda like how pet sounds might not be your favorite album but you have to acknowledge it's the best album of all time
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
>Listening to Two Headed Boy and not listening to The Fool after.
>>
>>60327202
>>60327268
>>60327305
>implying anything comes close to oh comely
i do like 2 headed boy part 2 a lot though
>>
>>60327202

Absolutely.
>>
>>60327202
>>60327355
two headed boy pt. 2 and oh comely are the most important songs on the album, i think. it's just him and an acoustic guitar for a reason, to get you to focus on what he's saying and not get distracted by the instrumentation
>>
>>60327355
I almost want to agree with this but Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 is the perfect closer for an album so idk my man.
>>
>>60327239
You are everything that's wrong with this board. Just because you don't understand something, and it seems outlandish, you automatically brand it as a meme.

You fuckers absolutely sicken me, taking music and segregating it between memes and non-memes, like a fucking leper colony. Music is music. No meme about it. So shut the fuck up. When you label music as a meme, you're taking away everything that the music stands for and reducing it to dust. You should be ashamed of yourself.

When I came to the board, I was hoping for some great discussion regarding music and recommendations for new albums to listen to, but all I got was this "meme" bullshit. Just shut the fuck up about it, okay? People can like whatever they enjoy, so stop reducing it to a "meme" just because you're too pussy to realize that. I fucking hate you, just like I hate the rest of this board. I'm jumping off this gravy train, and it was your straw that broke the camel's back. Hope you're happy, fuckstick.
>>
>>60327421
You ok there buddy?
>>
>>60327421
don't leave, let's have a genuine conversation, no bullshit
>>
What is untitled
>>
>>60327465
Well in that case, here's my two cents. I think of Ghost, Untitled, and THB pt. 2 as a single entity. Ghost and Untitled are this sort of epic climax to the album, and THB is the final, emotional thought that Mangum struggles get past his lips. Two Headed Pt. Boy pt. 2 is by far the emotional moment on this album. When he sings "Two headed boy, there's no reason to greave," it feels like his voice weighs 1,000 lbs. You can hear the emotional burden of those final lines, and it takes out all of your energy. It's so special, but so heartbreaking, and it's one of the many reasons ITAOTS is my favorite album.
>>
>>60327526
so true. it's a hard song for me to listen to for that reason, it's so draining. "ghost" and "untitled" aren't my favorite songs on the album, but the album would feel incomplete without them.

i read a few articles/essays about the album recently and realized how fucking DENSE it is. i've been listening to it for years, and every time i do i pick up on something else.
it touches on so many topics: the life of anne frank, jeff's childhood, the "goldaline" twins...not to mention all the dream imagery, sexual dysfunction, and obsession with physicality
>>
>>60327239
nice meme desu
>>
>>60327239
it's 17 year old meme-core trash
>>
>>60327807
>he fell for the ITAOTS is just a meme meme
>>
>>60327239
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
Eh the album is fantastic as whole. It feels silly to pick a favorite moment because all 4X minutes of it are my favorite moment.

If I had to choose I guess it'd be Oh Comely. The lyrics are rediculously good and he sings it with such passion.

Another moment I really like is at the end of Ghost where he says "And now she knows she'll never be afraid" as it is a very optimistic way of looking at death and grieving.
>>
>>60327833
>>he fell for the ITAOTS is just a meme meme meme
ITAOTS is trash, kys desu
>>
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>60328208
One man's trash is another man's treasure
now fuck off
>>
But it's the worst part of the album.
>>
>>60328208
Your opinion is trash desu senpai
>>
yeah OP i agree

>>60327239
bad bait
>>
>>60328208
cool beans
>>
>>60328232
>>60329370
Give it up, just admit you fell for the meme. Stop pretending as if this album isn't objectively bad.
>>
Oh Comely
>>
>>60329476
You're an objectively bad poster
>>
Oh Comely is the best song on its own but in context THB2 is the better song

But more importantly I hope we can all agree that the title track is the only thing keeping this album from a 10/10
>>
>>60329520
No its one of my favorites
>>
>>60329484
Filter me then
>>
>>60329529
>middle school poetry tier lyrics
>I V vi IV
>boring generic strum pattern (for the record the strum patterns are one of the best parts of this album in general)
>melody is nothing special

Literally why
>>
>>60329592
did you forget your tripcode :/
>>
>>60329592

not the anon you're talking to but if you meet a middle schooler who writes poetry like that alert me
>>
>>60329603
I've never posted with a trip but I very firmly believe what I said and I've posted that same opinion anonymously many times
>>
>>60329592
It's a simple ode to Anne. A lot of the songs on the album are simple.
>>
>>60329753
It's not that it's simple. The whole album is simple.

It's generic. Not that generic, but very generic compared to the rest of the album.
>>
>>60329592
How does that at all keep it from being 10/10?

Two Headed Boy is two chords the entire song.
>>
>>60329789
Refer to >>60329785
>>
>>60329785
Innovative use of a wide variety of sounds throughout the track bars it from being generic.

There are songs on this album that are literally just a man on a guitar. The title track is not one of them.

It's a very good song.
>>
>>60329818
Refer to >>60329825

You're allowed to not like it but your opinions are bizarre and follow no logic.
>>
hm am i banned
>>
>>60329825
Yeah the instrumentation is nice but the melody and harmony is just too generic for me to call it anything more than a 6.5/10.

I'm really not saying it's a terrible song, I just think it's clearly flawed.
>>
>>60329989
Again it's as flawed as all the other songs.

It's not generic relative to the album.

Your opinions don't mesh.
>>
>>60330005
>It's not generic relative to the album.
I disagree. I guess we have different perceptions of what is or isn't generic.
>>
>>60330030
Yeah you can't actually really define why you think its generic beyond your skewed perception. The reasons you've listed make no sense when you compare them to the other songs on the album.

But whatever man.
>>
>>60330082
Honestly it's just my gut reaction to the melody, the chords and the way they lay over each other. It's not analytical at all beyond the fact that the chords are I V vi IV.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.