[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Liking "Conscious HipHop"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
>Liking "Conscious HipHop"
>>
>>60324366
what's wrong with it? i like the genre i just wish the term didn't sound so pretentious
>>
>>60324366
see >>60324332
>>
What exactly makes hip-hop "conscious"?

Is it just a lyrical theme or is there something about the beats or rapping that differentiates it from other styles?
>>
>>60324366
liking "music"
>>
>>60324393
Its really lame and over preachy . The genre is so obsessed with "real lyrics" that they are to stupid to realize they talk about 90% of the stuff young thug talks about.
>>
>>60324409
mostly the lyrics. the themes are supposed to be about stuff that makes you think rather than "braggin, hoes, and gangs" as conscious rappers would say.
>>
>>60324409
Its usually like lyrical rappers who act like there deep . They also think rap should return to how it was in the 90s.Also its probably conscious hip hop of a bunch of white people like it.
>>
>>60324471
It's lame and preachy
4 Y O U
Y
O
U

>obsessed with "real" lyrics
Can I get citation?
>they are too stupid to realize they talk about 90% of the stuff young thug talks about
Can I get some conscious hip hop and Thugger links?
>>
>>60324471
i wouldn't say 90% but yea their lyrical themes still follow what old school rappers would rap about. though i don't see why this should turn you off completely from the genre
>>
>>60324530
i'm not him but if you listened to conscious hip hop you wouldn't need a citation. Although if you do want a citation, listen to Common or Mos Def and look in their lyrics
>>
>>60324575
Their lyrics aren't really "conscious" as you're memeing. They're just standard lyrics.
>>
>>60324409
Early hip hop was "conscious". It wasn't till N.W.A hit the scene that "gangsta" shit skyrocketed.
I like N.W.A, but holy shit did they fuck over black community by glorifying harmful activities.

Listen to P.E's It Takes A Nation Of Millions and compare it to Straight Outta Compton. Both released the same year, yet so far apart lyrically.
>>
>>60324532
Conscious is just codeword for shitty and pretantious
>>
File: 4343.png (107 KB, 756x756) Image search: [Google]
4343.png
107 KB, 756x756
>>60324366
>ywn hang out with Hunter S. Thompson
Music for this feel?
>>
File: alas, shigged.jpg (47 KB, 352x599) Image search: [Google]
alas, shigged.jpg
47 KB, 352x599
>>60324634
>pretantious
>>
>>60324366
I can't tell how insulting this photo's supposed to be.
>>
>>60324613
Fuck NWA. Wife beaters.
>>
>>60324612
i didn't deem them conscious. i claimed the rappers of the respective genre did not me
>>
File: 700_big_sean_ariana_grande_.jpg (70 KB, 450x700) Image search: [Google]
700_big_sean_ariana_grande_.jpg
70 KB, 450x700
>>60324634
Kek
>>
>>60324702
Dr.Dre was the only woman beater.
Easy-E sold drugs and Ice Cube was just an anti-semite
>>
>>60324829
Thats all just great. They seem like swell guys.
>>
Unpopular opinion- I dont take hiphop seriously
>>
>>60324878
But not all of them are woman beaters

:^)
>>
>>60324907
I hope you realize that's not that small of a minority.
>>
>>60324613
I GOT A LETTER FROM THE GOVERNMNET
THE OTHER DAY
I OPENED AND READ IT
IT SAID THEY WERE SUCKAS
>>
>>60324471
It's funny man because you seem lame and preachy. Every once in a while I'll pop in Revolutionary Vol 2 and chill.
>>
>>60324961
Its pretty unpopular considering how many good reviews kanye west, wacka flocka and young thug get.
>>
conscious hiphop is cringe. Its a shitty joke genre thats only great when not taken seriously
>>
>>60325046
I think it's pretty much only good when taken seriously. It's not like it's good music for dancing or chillin with your buddies.
>>
>>60324613
early hip-hop was about real life. NWA's real life happened to be different.
>>
>>60325046
That is unless you're talkin about Heard em Say or similar tracks that have mass appeal but deep lyrics.
>>
>>60324709
Yeah Bro - what the fuck is Ariana up to?
I was violently attacked by her new Focus Song in an un-skippable youtube advert. It was just dreadful.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.