[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many listens did it take for you to get this album? 5 for me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
How many listens did it take for you to get this album? 5 for me.
>>
1 (One) because I'm not a plen
>>
>>60314526
1. and by get i mean realized how people are trying so hard to make this bland drivel pop album seem much deeper than it actually is
>>
>>60314548
>>60314570
>2015
>hating women
>>
>>60314575
i hate men too though
>>
File: grimesmayooo.png (996 KB, 1024x857) Image search: [Google]
grimesmayooo.png
996 KB, 1024x857
>not letting it marinate for a few months before listening
>>
>>60314526
Anybody got a 320 link to the actual album?
>>
>not listening to this whole album while staring at winamp visualization to unlock your patrician sensory
>>
>>60315212
u sound like a jonathan mathis fan you realize this right?
>my depth deepens with depth of the deep dur
>>
>>60314526
it took me exactly one listen to realize how bad it is
>>
I listened to it when it came out, and hated it
I had another listen when fantano didn't shit on it, still hated it
I had another listen when the positive reviews came rolling in, still hated it
Listened to it today for the sake of it, still hate it.

Poptimism is real, Grimes is riding on the indie-darling-feminist wave
>>
>>60314575
it's not mysoginy when you hate everyone
>>
lmfao is this supposed to be some multi-layered avant garde masterpiece where you can only understand it after multiple focused listens?

foh this is basic pop and bad basic pop at that, fuck grimes
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>60315229
>listens to angry kid once
>>
>>60315229
>>

i'm tired of you, plebs.
>>
Sage this thread!
>>
I've downloaded this album and i deleted this after the first track.

just awful
>>
>>60314526
How many shill threads did it take me for me to never listen to Grimes ever again?

One for me
>>
On my 11th listen and I feel like I'm only just starting to wrap my head around it.
>>
If it took that many it means it's shit and you're trying too hard to like something because /mu/ says you should
>>
>>60314575
I hate everyone equally, thank you.
>>
I really enjoy the first two tracks. That's all I've heard so far.
>>
About to listen to it for the first time, what am I in for?
>>
>>
>>60316426
a roller coaster ride into the mind of grimes
>>
>>60314580
Why you are so mad?
>>
>>60316426
poppy shit
>>
>>60314580
>>60316116
>>60316402
>incoming
>>
>>60316661
i'm not mad
>>
I listened to Venus Fly randomly first. I liked it a lot. The intro was pretty good, too. It's been downhill since Califronia and SCREAM, though.

Listening to Flesh and Blood as I type this.
>>
>>60314526
one. three for really liking it.
>>
>>60315396
your logic: i don't get this album so it must be shit.
>>
File: 1382206526473.jpg (273 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
1382206526473.jpg
273 KB, 900x1165
>>60314526
around the same. Half of the album is ass tho.
>>
>>60314775
320 blaze it
>>
>>60314526
I liked it on the first listen
>>
>>60314526
I'm getting a watershed breakout vibe from it
>>
i love how the biggest complaint you guys have is calling it pop

you all should critique music professionally damn
>>
It sounds a lot like Chvrches
>>
Okay, I'll come clean. I want to hate Grimes because of the poppy sound, not because its bad but because I don't like pop. But if I'm honest, she did put out some great tracks on Art Angles but I don't want to be caught listening to this in my car or anywhere else. Is it insecurity, yeah but maybe I'll grow up and get over it one day.
>>
>>60314526
None
>>
I don't care what you nerds say, Kill V Maim is Banger of the Year.
>>
>>60314526
0, sorry I don't listen to pop music.
>>
>>60314526
Once, and I'm not sure if I want to even listen to it again. I enjoyed Visions, sure it wasn't going to be one of my favorite albums of all time, or possibly even one I'd find myself listening to in ten years, but Art Angels sounded like a mix of top-40 pop (but not done well and Grimes' usual style but with the edgy bullshit layered on thick. The production was also pretty shit. Overhyped as fuck, the new Chvrches album was better, and that isn't even a group I really like or care about much.
>>
0 listens to realize it was garbage
>>
>>60314526
One and I loved it.
>>
>>60316174
its funny because this is the first grimes album i like lmao
>>
i was a bit shocked when i heard flesh without blood but this album has grown on me. it's catchy and when songs start playing in ur ead and u want to hear them again then you have probably got it. it took me over 2 listens at least to like some songs.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.