[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize Radiohead was just mellow pop music masquerading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: hehehehe.png (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hehehehe.png
115 KB, 600x600
When did you realize Radiohead was just mellow pop music masquerading as avantgarde?
>>
>>60313681
The moment I came out of my mothers womb.
>>
>>60313681
>radiohead
>avantgarde
who even thinks this?
>>
>>60313681
everyone knows that you fucking walnut
>>
wow you really opened my eyes OP.

I'm gonna go listen to some trve avant garde now.
>>
>>60313681
since 2008 when scaruffi showed me the light
>>
>>60313691
Everything in its right place is the most experimental song of all time desu
>>
>>60313681
awful shitpostin
>>
>masquerading as avant garde

What are you talking about? Have they ever been conscientious about genre?

This is like John Cage walking out into an auditorium and saying "for my next avant garde piece..."
>>
When did you grow up and realize Radiohead is pretty good?
>>
>/mu/ will unironically have Taylor Swift threads
>but if a pop band experiments and actually succeeds at making interesting music with mainstream appeal they are just epic rusemaster s pretending to be avantgarde
>>
>>60315718
>/mu/ is a single entity with unalterable opinions
You're not very smart
>>
>>60313873
>desu
hahahahaha fucking weeb desu
>>
>>60315718
we had radiohead threads way before taylor swift was even a thing you idiot
>>
>>60313681
Of course Radiohead makes pop music. Thom Yorke admits it all the time.

Still one of the better pop acts of our time though, arguably one of the best
>>
>>60315835
>missing the point this badly
>>
>>60315814
*tip*
>>
never thought they make avant garde music cause they don't

unlike OP though i realised when i was still a pimply teenager that accessibility =/= bad. radiohead are a great band
>>
>"We write pop songs, As time has gone on, we've gotten more into pushing our material as far as it can go. But there was no intention of it being 'art.' It's a reflection of all the disparate things we were listening to when we recorded it."

-Thom Yorke
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.