[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /mu/, so i've been wanting to put this up here for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1
hi /mu/, so i've been wanting to put this up here for a bit to get some feedback but i was a scared of how big the new asshole you would tear me would be, but now im just sayin fuck it. this is the video my band put out for a single we recorded and did a little tour on recently, just trying to see what you guys think. https://youtu.be/JlV-G4tJ27c
>>
>>60312396
don't open like that, it's cheap
>>
>>60312414
sorry.
>>
>>60312396
kinda like a gwen s singing for pretty girls make graves.
would watch practice in neighbor's garage/10
>>
It's kinda boring, the drums sound like arse.
I mean, it's not bad, it's just really boring. It just sounds like I have heard it thousand times before. But you know, if you like to make that kind of stuff, go for it.
>>
>>60312396
eh, it's alright

I mean we have all heard this before in so many other slightly varied forms
>>
>>60312472
thank u frend
>>
>>60312483
ill try harder next time
>>
>>60312490
just keep doing what you're doing if you enjoy doing it and it fulfils you
>>
>>60312541
a-are we talking about masturbation again?
>>
>>60312554
hope so
>>
>>60312575
i feel better about myself now
>>
It was okay, literally same as what everybody else is saying. It's nothing new and that's what tends to get bands far these days (mostly).

You need to add something into the mix that people will want to talk about
>>
>>60312646
like what?
>>
>>60312695
dunno.
i've never made any music but i like to post on the internet.
>>
>>60312710
thank you
>>
>>60312727
love calls you by your name
>>
really unimpressive. nothing wrong with it, but it sounds like the people playing it didn't try very hard to sound like they care.
>>
>>60312943
oh come now dont be a faggot, faggot.
you think "trout mask replica" is the result of "trying hard"?
>>
>>60312969
do not compare this bandcamp bullshit to captain beefheart ever again
>>
>>60312396
I like the guitar tone and the low fi/grungy aesthetic is nice but the chord progression is kind of shit. During the verse, it just like shifts down like half an octave or something without any variation and the chorus is kind of a damp squib, I mean, your guitarist just shifts up the fretboard without really doing anything.

My advice, imo, is not to sing over any old guitar/drum track. Write a guitar line so great that it can move people alone, like so good that if it stood alone as an instrumental, people would still praise it, then fit it around an equally powerful drum track. Only then is your song worth anything. As it currently stands, your band is only doing what every other garage band can already do.
>>
>>60312986
its funny - ive never been interested in sifting through the noise of beefheart - i lose interest at the second dust bowl song cuz dont give a fuck about his surrealism
BUT, just spent the last hour listening to Leonard Cohen and it really greased the wheels for enjoying frownland. interesting.
ps, fuck you bimbo spam.

ps dachau blue is edgelord to the extreme
>>
>>60313023
nice blog
>>
>>60312695
anything that you think sounds good, it's your music

whether it's another instrument or whatever, don't just stick with one sound, try and progress it
>>
>>60313032
hows all that cock taste, bb?
-piero
>>
>>60312969
you asked for feedback about your generic garage project and you got it

you're not a genius and your music is bland and uninspired like so many people have already pointed out

deal with it
>>
>>60313079
hi, OP here, i was poopin and didnt write that. sorry for the confusion pal.
>>
>>60313116
>>60312424
>>60312485
>>60312490
>>60312695
gets some balls and a sense of humor op.
>>
>>60313116
Hi, OP here, this OP isn't actually OP, lol. Also, you guys are such losers, I knew you couldn't constructively critique a legitimate piece of music without descending into a circle jerk about /mu/ core.

Here's my real music by the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv9YoYCKNoE&list=FLRXaOr2-9CJTMqQH5A5GYZQ
>>
OP here, sorry everyone.
>>
OP here, sorry guys
>>
I feel like there's a market for this OP.
Pitchfork would love to give this pretty decent rock song that sounds straight out of the mid 90s a BNM so all the SJWs can come crawling to the website.
Hone your aesthetic and the music won't matter, the blogosphere would love to have you.
Et. al Courtney Barnett
>>
>>60312396
I have good news and bad news:
Bad news: I don't like it, didn't sound bad at all, but it's kind of boring, unoriginal and a "one hundred times made sound".
Good news: You have market potential, I know many bands working great and making money with this kind of music. You have to focus on grunge or indie-rock environments and try to send it like it was special and high quality music music only for special elevated people.
>>
>>60313235
thank you for being kind
>>
i can show you guys another song off the EP if you want to hear that, its v different
>>
>>60313260
please do
>>
>>60313235
whoa, guy .. .
courtney's make some nice music.
get a grip on yourself.
like a firm grip, but loose
maybe a little lubricated . .. .
>>
https://soundcloud.com/goodpersonalities/2-gp/s-viLdP
>>
>>60313351
https://soundcloud.com/goodpersonalities/3-gp/s-ZLqQO

so these are some of the others
>>
>>60313276
^^^
>>
>>60312396
I quite like it. Its just lacking dynamics which is what makes it boring.
Thats grunge lesson nÂș1 verse is quiet and chorus is LOUD.

Do you even Pixies OP?
>>
>>60313530
we didn't really have grunge in mind when we did the recording thing tho
>>
>>60312396
I like it. Any more?
>>
>>60313555
well, call it alt rock if you want.
But dynamics is really important for the effect I think you're trying to achieve.

Especially the drums. They come in at the start banging and that leaves little room to make the chorus sound bigger.

idk, whatever floats your boat but keep making music, its nice :)
>>
>>60313564
these v v v

>>60313384
>>60313351
>>
>>60313514
Well, I just listened to some of your (primarily) acoustic songs on your youtube channel and soundcloud, and I guess they're all slightly old by now, but they were very good. I liked the ambient tracks, but what do I know. Very 90s in a way, but not in a bad way. Whether or not things nowadays sound like some time or not that has past is always a decision. I think that's really what making music is all about--making decisions. You start out with an infinite number of possibilities, but somehow your subconscious steps up (for once) and I think that's a very rewarding feeling for the composer, no?
>>
>>60313576
thanks for not just shitting on me
>>
>>60313582
those are actually my sisters videos, i just play drums in the 2 piece band we do. i think music is more about distracting yourself from the fact youre going to die because thats probably what everything is about.
>>
>>60313597
eh don't be so insecure. I guarantee most of the people shitting on each other on /mu/ don't even make music.
>>
Checked out the songs. Honestly really good basic but good.
>>
>>60313632
thanks pal
>>
>>60313613
Zoinks!
>>
>>60313351
>>60313384
I like the vocals/guitar interplay on the third track, reminds me of tricot, you should probably play it up a little more, make it a little more pointed, immediate. Also, it needs a killer hook, like, it's decent enough pop rock, I like it, reminds me of some J-Rock stuff. Like, in the last in the last thirty seconds (when the bass really kicks in), I'd alter whatever chord is being strummed so that you're hitting your B and high E and crank up the distortion too, so you have long, nosy, sharp sounds (guitar skinng) cutting through the (guitar grrr).

I'm musically retarded, so it's a vague description really but I'm sure you'll work it out.

Also, track 2 sounds like a shelved MBV b-side and not in a good way. You're sound is like half way to being shoegaze without really being there or interesting. If you actually sounded with mbv but with pop hooks though, track three would be pretty neet.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't change the structure of track three much but alter the sound (also more guitar skinng).

Also, listen to Tricot, that might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvMyCFAVIqs
>>
>>60312396
more pics of the girl
>>
>>60312396
Don't worry about the music, as long as you're both somewhat pretty girls it'll work out anyways
>>
>>60313695
im a twink if that works
>>
>>60313688
>>
>>60312396
sounds like 3 doors down
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.