[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skullcandy or nah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: GraffSKDY0.jpg (155 KB, 843x1116) Image search: [Google]
GraffSKDY0.jpg
155 KB, 843x1116
Can anybody tell me about the quality and overall reliability of the Skullcandy head-gear brand? I've been using Sony for a few years, and my cousin suggested that I use Skullcandy because it has really good sound for non-outrageous prices like Beats.
>>
>>60306432
Them titans are GOOD for like 40 bucks
>>
>>60306432
yeah, skull candy is awesome! get the latest version of the Hesh. It shouldn't be much more than $50 and they blow beats out of the water
>>
File: nzakcMA.webm (2 MB, 294x220) Image search: [Google]
nzakcMA.webm
2 MB, 294x220
>>60306432
>Skullcandy
>really good sound
>>
lel epic meem headphones guise xD

ATH-M50
>>
>>60306561
>>60306610
Both these niggas is fags
>>
Skullcandy is Beats for people who hate people with Beats. They both blow mud
>>
>>60306432
NO
Shitty, expensive and with flimsy build quality.
Check the headphone general at /g/
>>
>>60306432
>it has really good sound for non-outrageous prices like Beats
It arguably has better sound quality than Beats.
At this point, Beats aren't headphones, they are a fashion accessory.
Other than this, Skullcandy are pretty much the same thing, cheap built, no care put into the sound whatsoever, form over function. Main difference is that instead of being initially marketed towards brodudes, they were initially marketed towards the hot topic crowd.

tl;dr : nah
>>
Jib scullcandy ear buds
>cheap
> great quality
>last a long time
>they don't break after 2 days
>sounds decent
>>
File: bait.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>60306432
I'm no audiophile, but come on.
>>
I have a pair of Skullcandy earbuds I got as a gift, and I'm surprised how good they sound.
You're nt going to have the crystal clear open back Sennheiser sound, but if you need something for the bus or gym and don't mind dat niggerbass, they're good for their price.
>>
File: 1442426934208.png (151 KB, 450x374) Image search: [Google]
1442426934208.png
151 KB, 450x374
>>60306432
>Even thinking of getting Skullcandy
>>
>>60306432
terrible quality from personal experience. Like, among the worst. Don't ever buy from them
>>
>>60306432
just get some superlux HD 668B and learn how to use the equalizer until you get an amp
>>
i brought some of the headphones with an adjustable sub and they did not work on any of my devices.
>>
>because it has really good sound for non-outrageous prices like Beats
this works on so many levels
Skullcandy is a successful marketing scheme that preys on dumb teenagers just like Beats, only difference is they're less expensive, never buy either
>>
>all these faggots just spouting garbage as if they've actually owned any

Had Skullcandy Aviators for 2+ years. Cord broke a few times but that was easily replaced. Otherwise they were great, really really really comfy and good sound, what else can you ask for. I expected them to break really fast, they never did.

I have Sennheisers now. Sound is marginally better, the skullcandies were more comfortable though.

Only the overears though, I assume the buds are shit.
>>
Skullcandy are literally the proto-Beats. They were Beats before Beats existed.
>>
>>60306432
I used to work at a place that sold skullcandy, and as such I've owned a few pairs - I don't think they're reliable at all, honestly. Like, they don't sound HORRIBLE but they still feel cheaply made and the IEMs I've used tend to start crapping out after a couple months (or they just break).

I recently got a pair of DUNU Trident IEMs from Amazon that I really like, they feel strongly constructed and sound great.
>>
>>60306432
Mine broke in literally a month. Never bought any since. Had some good $75 sennys for about two years now. They sometimes get a small funny noise when I go walking with them, but they've had a lot of rough use.
>>
Monoprice 8320's for the win
>>
If you are looking for some cheap ear buds, skull candy is not too bad of a choice. If you are looking for mid to high tier headphones, stay clear away.
>>
>>60306548
>>60306558
>>60307560
>>60309141
>>60310095
>>60310128
>>60310139

I feel sorry for all of your ears. seriously invest in a good pair of headphones.
>>
>>60310201
What would you recommend, enlightened gentlesir?
>>
I've had a pair of Hesh 2s for almost three years now, only thing I've had to replace is the cord. They sound pretty good in my opinion. I would recommend them. Never had anything else they made though. I do know the first Hesh headphones they made were flimsy, my ex had a pair. But I do recommend the Hesh 2s, you should be able to pick them up for fourty bucks, last I saw. they were on clearance. I paid sixty or seventy when they were new.
>>
N A H
A
H
>>
>>60310347
I'd rec some shure 215s for those magic mids or if your looking for something more neutral try the HiFiman RE-400
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.