[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: am.png (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
am.png
101 KB, 600x600
>>
What's that album called again?
>>
File: 3366.png (26 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
3366.png
26 KB, 250x250
>>
>>60304684
It's written in the cover, anon
>>
>>60304684
tumblr the album
>>
>>60304684
AM as in Absolute Man-shite
>>
>>60304684
Queens of the Stone Age - Coming to an Urban Outfitters Near You
>>
>>60304641
Is it me, or do all of their songs sound exactly the fucking same?
>>
>>60304641
Why does Alex Turner sing like a girl?
>>
>>60304641
I love this
>>
>>60304684
Uhh you never heard of Alex and the synthesizers?
>>
>>60304684
Toured with The Black Keys once the album.
>>
>>60304902
it's you. that album kind of sucks, but for other reasons.
>>
>>60304730
damn...
>>
>>60304684
AMeme
>>
>>60306016
>>60304902
it's not you. they genuinely do. and that style of music is pretty big right now. and again all of them in this genre, whatever you call it, definitely sound the exact same.
>>
>>60306159
i think the problem with this album is that the two best songs are the openers. the rest just feels boring.
and yes, it sounds like a less bluesy version of the black keys mixed with hip hop instrumentals, a less raw and heavy version of the queens of the stone age (so a worse version of queens of the stone age, or at least a more boring one). still, there are different flavours in the album, it's not only black sabbath/hip hop influenced stuff, there are some glam rock and velvet underground era influences too, but it always stays in the safe zone and never develops one sound enough to be a good album, and if you listened closely, some songs don't even feel from the same album and are completely out of place. it's a mess. still, i can enjoy it, the songs aren't bad, just a bit disappointing in diverse senses (the production has some flaws too).
>>
INDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
truly one of the most overrated and overplayed albums of recent years

my roomate plays do I wanna know every single day. welp
>>
>>60306588
Fucking NME, i can't understand why people read that shit, even Pitchfork looks decent in comparison.
>>
>>60306645
not just nme's fault. credit to them they striked the perfect balance of digestibility for the masses. the album is the definition of middle of the road
>>
>>60304641
Dogshite album. The same song 10 times. Suck it and see is a decent album, but they'll never be able to top their first two albums
> only facts, anons
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.