[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ i want to get into sampling and i was thinking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 3511.jpg (164 KB, 923x1050) Image search: [Google]
3511.jpg
164 KB, 923x1050
Hey /mu/
i want to get into sampling and i was thinking about gettin a roland 404 or a 404sx.
Does someone here have one? let me know what you think pls.
>>
Get that or maschine
>>
>>60304025
Try to get an original 404 if you can, not that theres anything wrong with the SX, the 404 just has a grittier sound.
>>
>>60305246
Lol
>>
>>60304025
people say the 303 sounds nicer. 404 apparently has a really tinny high end.
>>
>>60305246
>the 404 just has a grittier sound.
what does that mean
>>60305351
but the 303 are too dated, dont you think? even the 404 is dated.
>>
>>60305464
a lot of musicians still use 404
>>
How do they work in the first place? Do you simply record sounds, or is it some kind of data transfer process? What it do?
>>
>>60305464
>what does that mean
It has a dirtier sound, as in it as no t as clear and pristine as the SX. The older you go with samplers the 'grittier' sound they will have, which is desirable to some. If you want a really clear clean sound you might as well just use your computer and a midi controller. That said, the SX is a very good sampler, I'm not shitting on it, it's just that personally I'd opt for the original if I had the choice.
>>
>>60305581
you can do that or put them into a memory card with your pc and then into the sampler, i think, im op, im just watching videos on YT
>>
Maschine. Lots of great samples. Or get Akai drum machines.
>>
>>60305581
You can do both, record sounds right into the sampler and edit them on it or import them from computer.
>>
>>60304025
Don't fall for the 404 meme
>>
>>60305646
oh ok, it makes sense i guess, i think i would also like a grittier sound, but the 404 uses like shittier memory cards than the sx, right?
damn this shit is confusing i might just end up gettin a 303
>>
>>60305738
>this guy
>>
>>60305687
nah that shit looks too DUDE WHERES THE DROP BRAH LMAO.
im not really interested in drums, just fucking around with sound
>>
>>60305710
I suppose that means the mics are of at least decent quality?
>>
>>60305687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdFlFxJFnfY
dude look at this video lmao
>>
>>60305738
and get what instead? an mpc? those are an even bigger meme than the 404.
>>
ok lets get this over with
http://strawpoll.me/5976403
if you care enough to explain your choice it would be nice
>>
do these things work with DAW's or are just 2oldschool?
>>
File: cmon.png (11 KB, 299x294) Image search: [Google]
cmon.png
11 KB, 299x294
>>
ok i think im gonna end up with the 404sx. tho the 404 and 303 might sound better or whatever they can be really hard to use in today's time.
it seems to be a perfect first sampler t.b.h
>>
>>60307031
All you need is a card reader to import files to a compact flash card, at most $15 on amazon. An original 404 is totally usable in todays world
>>
>>60305940
The mics sound pretty good, a little flat but what can you expect? It does have a line input as well so you can plug whatever into it
>>
>>60305923
>>60305946
Without using maymays, can you explain whats wrong with the maschine? If anything I'd just get a decent DAC and turntable then fuck with the samples in a DAW, but I see nothing wrong with their controller.
>>
>>60307250
how about the effects, like the delay for example? are they different, i've heard the delay and reverb from the 404 is a lot different from the 303
>>
>>60307439
pls respond
>>
Got an SX as my first sampler for making beats. Works like a charm and can be used for so much more than just a sampler but be ready to get a headache when you're pitching samples up or down
>>
>>60307439
I haven't really played around with a 303 very much, I only know the 404 and the SX. While they do have different sounding effects it's all good, I couldn't seen you particularly disliking any of them. The only thing I know about the 303 is that the vinyl sim is supposed to be way better, which I believe as I'm not huge on the 404's version. The distortion effects of the 404/Sx have always impressed me quite a bit because they sound really nice, I usually don't like distortion sims at all. Delay and revrbs are both very good, and the filters are excellant. As I said all of the SPs have nice effects, they just vary a bit in sound.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.