[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transcendental Black Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: TRANSCENDENTAL.png (161 KB, 454x315) Image search: [Google]
TRANSCENDENTAL.png
161 KB, 454x315
I mean, the concept seems cringey as fuck, but has anyone on here actually bothered to read it? Has it helped your appreciation for HHH's work if you have?

I just know about the memes and the diagrams, but I can't be bothered to read it. But just because it seems cringey (and even if it is), it might still somehow be a cohesive idea that explains his album somehow.
>>
DUDE NIETZCHE LMAO
>>
yes
and yes

I enjoy Liturgy and reading the manifesto isn't necessary, but it's extra detail that's rewarding in the same way an ARG campaign for an album is

it's not that much different from how OPN markets his albums
HHH has said it's performance art, he doesn't take it as seriously as many people think
>>
>>60302920
>it
And by "it", for those who don't know/haven't heard, I'm referring to Hunter Hunt-Hendrix's "Transcendental Black Metal: A Vision of Apocalyptic Humanism" that you can find on page 53 (page 64 of the .pdf) here: http://www.radicalmatters.com/metasound/pdf/Hideous.Gnosis.Black.Metal.Theory.Symposium.I.pdf

I had no idea there was even a symposium for this type of shit.
>>
>>60302966
>I had no idea there was even a symposium for this type of shit
It's literally just his thesis for a philosophy degree
>>
>>60303004
Wait, are you serious? This is a thesis for a philosophy degree? That doesn't…that doesn't even make sense.
>>
I've read it. It's a bit pretentious but I don't really see why anyone flips their shit about it, it doesn't make their music any less awesome.

I personally think it's more likely that it's a long-running satire than anything, in which case it's genius.
>>
>>60302920
>but I can't be bothered to read it.
It's fucking 10 pages you autistic child
>>
>>60303268
To be fair, I thought it was far longer than that until I checked just now. If it's that short, I might read it later.
>>
>>60303004

>10 pages
>no coherent logical arguments
>no research deeper than what wikipedia would accomplish
>no indication of high level competence in the field

Uh, no, this could not be his thesis paper. Not even if he wanted a concentration in philosophy of art, this is ridiculously far below par for what is expected of a project like that.
>>
>>60302920
I understand the overall point of it but it's overly complicated and definitely does not need to be 10 pages. Most of it is just pseudo-philosophical rambling.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Yeah, I've read it.
>>
>>60303922
>apple keyboard
checkin all the boxes eh mate
>>
>>60302920
It's okay thats it. Triple H is smart and his head is in the right place but he just can't execute. Follows shit philosophers like nietzsche

john maus wrote a beautiful dissection on ariel pink
recently for his students good read
http://www.docdroid.net/yASlco4/john-maus-communication-and-control.pdf.html
>>
>>60304084
>nietzsche shit philosopher

Pleb detected and filtered
>>
>>60303635
It's philosophy, what do you expect?
>>
>>60305229
confirmed for never reading philosophical texts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.