[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ use memes to attack Mac DeMarco (Goofball, Mem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1446003172461.png (453 KB, 580x576) Image search: [Google]
1446003172461.png
453 KB, 580x576
Why does /mu/ use memes to attack Mac DeMarco (Goofball, Meme DeMarco) when he legitimately makes good music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_R1kt4V54

Did he get too popular for you contrarians?
>>
>>60302130
Probs
>>
>>60302130
I don't know... He just kinda reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine ya know?
>>
>>60302130
because he's dogshit real playas and men pimps listen to Dan Deacon
>>
>>60302130
Mac looks good in this picture
>>
>>60302196
kek
>>
>>60302196
thats a good thing senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7hNcp2n318
>>
>>60302130
you act like every popular musician isn't attacked with memes on this board whether they're liked or not

can't have it both ways pal
>>
i hate the whole package deal thing it takes to become a successful indie musician, it's not just the music but the whole "aesthetic" he's trying to sell you, the oh i'm so 90s i'm hip, everything's cool 24/7 look at my goofy hat and vhs tapes. the music's just part of it, without the persona of mac demarco he wouldn't be where he is. same goes for a a lot of the "big" indie artists the moment.

i liked some tracks off 2 though
>>
>>60302414
That goes for every artist who has had some sort of success history, not just indicative of the present indie scene. Presentation is a big part of it, especially today where most of the money is made through touring.
>>
>>60302511
I think his problem is not with having an aesthetic, it's MM's aesthetic specifically.
>>
File: 1335930106898.gif (2 MB, 518x292) Image search: [Google]
1335930106898.gif
2 MB, 518x292
>>60302130

I listen to Salad Days like once a month, it is a genuinely good album.
>>
>>60302619
He is arguing that an artist should not require an aesthetic to succeed yet has a problem with his aesthetic and has said nothing much about his music.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.