[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the greatest concept album of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: dreamtheater-scenesfromamemory.jpg (312 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
dreamtheater-scenesfromamemory.jpg
312 KB, 1425x1425
Is this the greatest concept album of all time?
>>
B A I T
A
I
T

Ntl, good album despite its haters.
>>
File: giphy copy.gif (3 MB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
giphy copy.gif
3 MB, 300x212
>>60301877
>mfw listening to dream theatre for the 1st time
>>
>>60301919
>theatre
>>
File: tips.jpg (42 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
42 KB, 600x648
>>60301919
tru
>>
>>60301877
Um, it's one of their better albums despite the awful intro, but obvious bait.

Voices, and Six Degrees are both better. Images and Words is probably close too.
>>
>>60302340
Whoa, bait aside, the intro is actually one of the better parts of the album
>>
>>60302361
I mean more of what immediately follows the intro, I suppose. LaBrie's voice is not soothing. His falsetto was so unbearable that if I had a cyanide pill in my mouth at the time, I would've swallowed.
>>
If they kicked the keyboard guy and LaBrie out, this woudnt be that bad
>>
>>60302340
and by voices I mean awake. derp
>>
File: JethroTullThickAsABrick.jpg (34 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
JethroTullThickAsABrick.jpg
34 KB, 300x293
It's this.
>>
It is obviously Straight Outta Compton
>>
File: KendrickGKMC.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
KendrickGKMC.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
ahem
>>
Scenes has some good singles, but I think Awake takes the cake for DT any way you look at it
>>
>>60301877
Anything by Queensryche, Fates Warning, Pain of Salvation, Opeth, Riverside, Ayreon, Devin Townsend, Arcturus, Gojira, Mastodon, Porcupine Tree and Tool is much better prog metal concept album
>>
>>60302340
You mean Awake instead of Voices?
>>
>>60302475
What's the concept?
>>
>>60302475
Not only the best concept album of all time, but also the best song/album in general
>>
>>60302685
One long (approx. 45 minute) song. The story on the front of the album is that it's an epic poem, written by a child prodigy, that was disqualified from a contest because it's too subversive.
>>
File: The Who - Quadrophenia.jpg (481 KB, 1452x1452) Image search: [Google]
The Who - Quadrophenia.jpg
481 KB, 1452x1452
This and Frances the Mute
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.