[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Grimes fans so delusional? Why is it so hard to accept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 316x315
Why are Grimes fans so delusional?

Why is it so hard to accept that your "queen" released a bad album?
>>
Because they're underaged tumblr kiddies with terrible taste in music, duh
>>
not even a grimes fan but it's p good, man

nothing groundbreaking but if you listen with an open mind and not associating the "grimes" persona onto it it's a solid listen, especially the 2nd half. could you imagine if any other pop artist released an album like this? personally i think it's her best work yet (i've only listened to Visions and Halfaxa though)
>>
>>60299338
this senpai desu baka
>>
>>60299261
not a fan, but this album is really good. if you don't like it, your problem.
>>
>>60299261
>>60299338

I'm sorry you don't "get it". But Grimes fuses the best elements from many, many genres. Her songs are incredibly infectious as well. I think it'd be impossible to listen to this album 3 times and not be awed by the musical tidbits that play over and over and over in your mind.
>>
i like it lol
>>
>>60299349
>>60299386
Please read >>60299373
>>
>>60299261
i actually didnt like her until this album desu
>>
Why are /mu/tants so delusional?

Why is it so hard to accept that your "friendos" like music you don't?
>>
its boring

its catchy but in a very easy, cheap way

dunno why Grimes wants to become a boring session producer so badly

i honestly doubt anyone will really be interested in grimes after this album
>>
>>60299463
Tuxedo is absolute shit. Agreed on the rest tho
>>
>>60299386
I bet you haven't listened to more than 50 synth/electropop albums released before 2010.

All Grimes does is take cliched pop structures and throw some wacky pseudo-experimental effects over them
Her music is absolutely nothing new and totally bland
>>
>>60299507
>hating on tuxedo
m8, do you even into funk?
>>
fuck grimes
>>
File: 1414116868333.gif (150 KB, 325x285) Image search: [Google]
1414116868333.gif
150 KB, 325x285
Just listened to it, never listened to grimes before

It's perfectly alright, kinda catchy, very accessible, a fun listen, nothing earthshattering

what's the big idea?
>>
Do people here really like Kill vs. Maim? Like would you blast it loudly in your car?
>>
>>60299781
sounds like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itYrYn8AmJc

and I would situationally blast that, sure
>>
>>60299338
>Because they're underaged tumblr kiddies with terrible taste in music, duh
this

>>60299710
>a fun listen
i bet every faggot who writes this about the album is still a virgin living with his mom, have you gone to a party or a club anon?, there is a lot of "fun" music in the world

>fucking wayfu fags
>>
>>60299710
pretty much, i dont know what the deal with this is. It would be nice if grimes bombed cause shes annoying but art angels is decent to pretty good
>>
>>60299933
woops no argument better just insult other guy

your mom is so fat, she sat on a dollar and when she got up there were 4 quarters
>>
>>60299983
>have you gone to a party or a club anon?, there is a lot of "fun" music in the world
i clearly disproved your retarded "the album is fun so it is good" argument

learn to read m8
>>
>>60299933
Why so angry frienderino? This is a simple, fleeting anonymous chat room. Surely this is not the source of your frustration. Life getting you down perhaps?
>>
>>60300051
>i clearly disproved your retarded "the album is fun so it is good" argument

>disproved it
>agreed with it

I never said there wasn't a lot of other fun music or that it was the most fun, can YOU read? I just said it was mediocre, and not terrible. I'm not a grimes fanboy
>>
>>60300057
not angry, just insulting because i can :) while destroying wayfufags delusional arguments.
>ib4 some epic reply to my :)
>>
>>60299261
Why are Grimes haters so delusional?

Why is it so hard to accept that Grimes released a good pop album?
>>
>>60299710
>It's perfectly alright, kinda catchy, very accessible, a fun listen, nothing earthshattering

>>60300077
>I just said it was mediocre, and not terrible.
didn't there was none of those words in your post, but i get your point anon, thanks for explaining
>>
>>60300126
because is not as good as they think it is, it doesn't deserve so many threads, its annoying, she is ugly af, etc
>>
lovecraftian anime album cover
>>
This isn't as good as Geidi Primes or most of Visions, but it's a fairly decent pop album. Certainly better than the shit Ellie Goulding dropped.

Waifufags aside, why does /mu/ hate Grimes so much now? Was it the constant Pitchfork spamming?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.