[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your preffered song from OK Computer? Mine is Subterranean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2
File: radiohead-ok_computer-cover.jpg (153 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-ok_computer-cover.jpg
153 KB, 953x953
What is your preffered song from OK Computer? Mine is Subterranean Homesick Alien.
>>
little by little
>>
None of them. OK Computer is a very uninteresting album. It's good by pop music (corporate music) standards but across all music it's relatively shit.
>>
>>60296055
little by little is actually my favourite oasis' song. but i dont even like oasis. nice shitposting btw
>>
>>60296078
I think it is amazing because it is so ahead of its time thematically.
>>
climbing up the walls, most definitely.
>>
>>60296121
Runner-up for me. Musically it is stronger than Subterranean Homesick Alien but nothing beats how much I can relate to those lyrics. Nice choice though.
>>
>>60296050
The tourist, last song, written by Johnny Greenwood I think.
No the most famous but I realised lately how good it is, so peaceful.
>>
>>60296050
Airbag or Electioneering.
>>
>>60296109
Themes don't play notes.
>>
>>60296050
not a big fan of it but >>60296109 definitely has a point

I don't know, maybe Paranoid Android, Karma Police or Fitter, Happier
>>
Let Down
>>
>>60296571
heyyyyyyyyy mannnnnnnnnnnn slowwwwwww dowwwwwwwwwwn
>>
Climbing Up The Walls gives me chills almost every time I hear it
>>
>>60296078
>>60296109
It literally just sounds good. The mixing/production from Godrich is great. Nice textures, atmosphere, icy guitar tones

the lyrics are semi "abstract" and not too preachy which makes it "arty".

You also have to realise Thom has a nice voice and great vocal range. he doesnt sing like some sloggish yob.

I love Radiohead but I think that "ahead of its time" claim is bullshit.

There are semi conceptual elements connecting the songs a bit but of course Thom is "too cool" to say its a concept album because if you have any relation to prog then you are "un cool"

Pretty sadness always goes over well too.
>>
>>60296654
All you said is that it's just a mediocre pretty album, that nothing about it stands out and that it glides through your ears without challenge.
That's terrible.
>>
not listened to that album for a long time but I like Let Down
>>
>>60296684
It can, yeah. Its subjective.

Think of it in relation to modern art. You see a Rothko painting. Some people think it is amazing and deep. Others just see some paint mark blotches
>>
>>60296729
>Others just see some paint mark blotches
Only idiots.
>>
hadn't visited this board for like a year and you people are still talking about radiohead. holy shit
>>
I listened to OK Computer a lot after a break up when I was in high school, and I cried occasionally during No Surprises. I had misheard the 'No alarms and no surprises' part as 'Love and no surprises' and that just destroyed me because the girl I was with had surprised me by breaking up with me out of the blue one day when things seemed to be going fine.
So, I would say that song just because of pure nostalgia.
>>
Let Down has really grown on me. Lucky is still the best.
>>
>>60296109
nigga this isn't a novel, it's an LP
>>
i like how people rarely say karma police because it's the most popular with normies
>>
>>60297126
>music isn't art
>>
Let Down easy, especially after hearing this fucking A+ 10/10 cover by a Reggae legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXBamm5XqO8
>>
Lucky
its my favourite song on the album and one of my favourite songs of all time. just mindblowing. such a masterpiece
>>
lucky or the tourist
PULL ME OOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUT
>>
>>60297126
>music can't have underlying themes
>>
every song, i honestly have loved this album since i was 14 and my opinion has never changed
>>
>>60297866
I love that album, but I think Let Down is its weakest cover. The original feels much more earnest. Paranoid Android cover is GOAT.
>>
>>60296050
Karma Police
>>
>>60296078
Guess what genre of music this guy exclusively listens to
>>
>>60296599
dubs don't lie
>>
>>60298386
Its easily the best cover on the whole album
>>
>>60296050
Paranoid Android
>>
LET DOWN
>>
>>60297801
They don't say it because it inexcusably plagiarises Sexy Sadie by The Beatles
>>
>>60296050
Lucky senpai whaddup
>>
the title track ofc
>>
Let Down with a good set of headphones is fucking mind boggling

Never appreciated it until I bought my HD 600s
>>
>>60300706
Same boat here, but HD 558 peasant.
>>
>>60296590
memes don't make posts
>>
Let Down
Great in it's own right, but it also has really nice production.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 366x380
>>60296761
>implying there is a deeper meaning to interiordesignercore paintings
>thinking that the paintings mean anything
>that all meaning hadn't been intentionally and purposefully eliminated from modern art by that time
>and weren't just visual excuses for art critics' treatises
>who were at the height of their powers
kek
Nope. Do your research.

>yfw you're the ignorant pleb here
>>
>>60300274
this
>>
Lucky for sure, great song and holds sentimental value for me as well

I was listening to nothing but shitty EDM until I heard Lucky, Radiohead are the perfect gateway band
>>
>>60296590
Themes don't paint brush strokes either nigger. Music is expression, even by playing notes you are evoking emotion, exploring new themes is a different way of evoking that emotion and tying it into the notes. Get your faggot ass out of here
>>
>>60300221
>inb4 metal
>>
>>60296050
Let Down
>>
>>60296078
>It's good by pop music (corporate music) standards
oh jesus christ these people are already a parody of themselves
>>
Any answer but The Tourist is wrong.
>>
desu I like this album much more than shit A
>>
>>60301977
i'm not the op you're talking to, but you're a dipshit if you think all modern art is "intentionally meaningless". that's pretty much just the dadaists. rothko wanted people to be seriously spiritually moved by his work. whether or not he actually achieved that (it certainly doesn't do it for me) doesn't matter, the stuff was obviously meaningful to his audience & to him

>"all modern art is stupid and meaningless"
>calling other people plebs

fuck outta here

also, to the OP, my favorite song is also subterranean homesick alien w/ paranoid android and airbag tying for 2nd place
>>
>>60300221
classical music+varieties of non corporate popular music
>>
I remember once after my first time tripping on Acid I was walking home and as the sun brightened the blue cloudless sky as I was listening to Subterranean Homesick Alien. It was one of those moments where you just stop and looked around to the beauty around you.
My it's very hard for me to pick a song from this album but I'd have to go with Let Down, then Subterranean Homesick Alien. So many 10/10 songs in this album imo.
>>
THEY'RE ALL
>>
>>60296050
Radiohead's music is a fecund lie acclaimed by desperate fools, devoid of any sense. If you call yourself a “fan” of anything you are deluded; a peon on entrapment by a "band" meant to prey on the betas. If you like them you are among the weakest minds on the planet, and there are hordes of you out there. Radiohead fans are filth, they are rats and oppressors alike - they embody the concept of pleb.
>>
No Surprises is pretty great but honestly it could go to most of the songs on the album, it's pretty consistent.
>>
>>60304273
I prefer Kid A to be frank, upperclassman. That might be because I'm depressed though.
>>
>>60305057
Drill a hole in yourself.
>>
>>60305119
ok bro

it's just good music
>>
Let Down, Paranoid Android, and Fitter Happier in that order.
>>
>>60300221
listened to neutral milk hotel once
>>
This was the first album I actually ever sat down and listened to when I was ten and I always imagined that the whole thing told the story of a mundane ordinary guy who thinks himself as a superhero, fighting in 'world wars' (Airbag) and with his origin story and stuff mentioned in songs like Let Down, and then how the whole fantasy falls down and he succumbs to the dreary reality of his situation. I know there's better albums, but this one's always stuck with me for that character it builds, and you find out more about each time you give it a listen.
>>
>>60296571
it really helps me to wind down the feelings I get listening through the album. also it helps me fight anxiety overall
>>
>>60296085
there's a song called little by little on TKOL

anyway my favourite song would be karma police
>>
>>60296078
aha this dude listened to death grips once
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.