[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/ What decent albums are we circlejerking these days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: fp_elaenia.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fp_elaenia.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
So /mu/

What decent albums are we circlejerking these days?

Wouldn't want to be left behind.
>>
>>60285663
this album is goat
>>
>>60285695
Really though, easily gonna be in my top 5 for the year. Shame /mu/ doesn't into bleep more.
>>
File: Singularity_Mae.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Singularity_Mae.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
why are there so many album covers that look like that?
>>
>>60285772
agreed. Fave tracks?
>>
>>60285826

>write great album
>need to come up with album artwork
>open Illustrator and just scribble all over a white background
>pleb listeners think it's so meaningful and that the art represents the chaotic and spontaneous nature of life reflected in the music
>>
>>60285879
I could die to For Marmish
>>
File: objekt-flatland.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
objekt-flatland.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>>
It honestly is a great piece of work.
>>
>>60285905
fuck yes, i feel the same about silhuettes
>>
>>60285879
Hard to say really. I don't think there's a single song on here that I don't like. Silhouettes is such a beautiful composition, but I really love the chords/Rhodes piano on For Marmish as well. Peroration Six is a fucking SOLID closer too with its post-rock influences, but on the flip side of the coin, Elaenia is a gorgeous ambient track. Argenté -> Thin Air pulsates in such an delicate, enticing manner, and then finally Nespole, however one may classify it, is just a really nice song that seems to tie in a lot of the themes from the entire record without being too flashy or forgettable.

At first when I'd seen the tracklist I was disappointed that there weren't a whole lot of long form songs/that it was only seven tracks in length, but now I'm really glad to listen to it as a whole. Definitely one of the more complete/cohesive albums to come out this year. I'm just hoping that he'll do a bit of a run through the states sometime in 2016.
>>
>>60286240
im glad im not the only person with those thoughts on elaenia. the instrumentation is just gorgeous
>>
>>60285663
Pretty good, as lauded as it is it's not very accessible or streamlined which is nice

>>60285885
Actually in the RA feature about Floating Points it's mentioned that he made the album art using some custom engraving machine he made, nice being retarded though

>>60285916
Pristine but kind of soulless, always surprised it came out on PAN, seemed like a weird fit.
>>
>>60285772
I don't want to get into an argument here but Eleania isn't bleep at all.

I really enjoy it but it's not dance music.
>>
>>60287516
agreed, i was just saying that FP is inarguably bleep tho. majority of mu outside of /bleep/ prolly don't know who FP is, and it's a dang shame cos this lp is too good to go unnoticed.
>>
>>60287649
amen senpai
>>
>>60285663
Art Angels by Grimes definitely, top 5 aoty
>>
>>60287690
groooooooss
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.