[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Warp physically reissuing Aphex Twin's discography?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: warp_logo.jpg (171 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
warp_logo.jpg
171 KB, 1000x1000
Why isn't Warp physically reissuing Aphex Twin's discography?

With his extremely dedicated fanbase & resurgence in mainstream popularity, wouldn't it be easy to make some profit from reissuing his catalog on vinyl and other formats since a lot of it is relatively hard to come by (like Drukqs and SAW II) ?
>>
stop giving them ideas
>>
>>60284273
go to literally any record store, it's already there
>>
They already reissued ICBYD and RDJA ages ago along with his late 90s EPs.
I agree that SAWII sorely needs to be repressed though. I already have Drukqs so I'm not too bothered about that one.
>>
>>60284285

if they start a reissue campaign in a few days after this thread, I'll demand a portion of the profit

don't make any wrong moves, WARP
>>
>>60284351

How much did Drukqs set you back? I can't find it for under $150.. which I'd gladly pay if I had enough loose change to throw around.

>>60284347

most of them are shitty 1972 issues. I've even been to a decent sized record store in the UK and all they had was RDJ album.
>>
>>60284400
>How much did Drukqs set you back?
Just a little under what you mentioned, though I had the spare cash at the time and it was a NM copy. Plus it's my favourite of his stuff.
>>
>>60284400
The stores near me always have RDJ album and the newer stuff, a couple places had ICBYD and SAW 85-92 too, and I ran into a copy of SAW 2 at one place.
>>
>>60284273
>APHEX MEME
>Good
When will this meme end?
>>
>>60284595
Unfortunately the SAW 2 pressing is essentially a bootleg and uses the US CD masters, so no Stone in Focus (or Hankie for that matter).
>>
>>60284400
They do have 1972 reissues of SAWII and RDJ. I think not having a repress adds to the mystique of SAWII, as backwards as that sounds. The variety of formats and track listings, coupled with the age of it, makes it almost mythical.
>>
>>60284650
It makes me sad
>>
>>60284651
>>60284595

yeah but the thing is i dont want the 1972, cause >>60284650
>>
>>60284619
When will the Aphex Twin is bad meme end?
>>
Warp is just a bit shit at this sort of thing in general. Still shocked BoC managed to get reissued honestly.
>>
>>60284753
They originally fucked up a lot of pressings during the re-issues a few years ago.
>>
all the metal masters got destroyed in that huge fire a few years ago
and storage for vinyl is expensive
>>
>>60284273
Because Warp still has a modicum of integrity and sense in them and recognizes that reissues are worthless trash.
>>
are original presses of ICBYD and RDJEP still worth anything?

thats my thought when i read this thread.... most of his "hardcore fans" have had this shit for like 14-20 years =D
>>
>>60284806
>reissued BoC's entire back catalog in 2013
>reissued Broadcast's entire back catalog earlier this year
You were saying integrity?
>>
>>60284808
RDJ album is $20-30 in VG+ condition, ICBYD is $30-40. Not expensive but in above average prices. Honestly no real reason to reissue those if prices are your concern. They will almost definitely sound worse too.
>>
>>60284830
Yeah, that's why I said modicum. They originally had a policy of not reissuing their back catalog in vinyl, it's sad to see them slip. Then again MHTRTC was already reissued in 2004 too.
>>
>>60284840

i'm not asking for reissues, i was just asking cuz i happen to have those.

not that i''d ever sell them cuz it'd be about the last possessions i'd give up, but yeah.

i never got drukqs back in the day tho and it seems like i missed the boat on that one, eh?

i'd rather have HAB2
>>
File: Hooper Bay.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Hooper Bay.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>60284273
They could do the same with releasing the unreleased BOC stuff. People would kill for that.
>>
>>60284867
To be fair, the original pressing of SAWII had noteable defects so it would be nice if they did properly repress that one.
>>
>>60284897
>i'm not asking for reissues, i was just asking cuz i happen to have those.
Yeah I didn't think so, just mentioned that as an aside.

I have some Aphex Twin stuff, SAW1 reissue (not the remaster), Analogue Bubblebath 4, RDJ album, Come To Daddy, Windowlicker, Syro. Recently had a chance to buy this http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Selected-Ambient-Works-Volume-II/release/54978 edition of SAWII in pretty dapper condition for 90€ but decided to pass on it. Wasn't the kind of money I felt like spending at the moment, and also honestly I don't like the b/w sleeve.

>>60284916
Warp doesn't have any affiliation with pre-mhtrtc material (notable exception being Twoism). Boc was in the process of compiling a "Bocset" (get it?) a few years ago but reportedly that has been on hold for a while. I'd kill for that stuff too, especially Play By Numbers.

>>60284933
Well at that point I'd just listen to the CD, I don't see a point in buying new vinyl.
>>
>>60285023
>Well at that point I'd just listen to the CD
Not if you want a physical copy with the full tracklist, which only the vinyl edition had.
Also from a collector's standpoint, yeah there is always more value in buying the original pressing. Some people simply buy new vinyl for listening though.
>>
>>60285110
The UK cassette had the full tracklist, too.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.