[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Similar to this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Let me start off by saying that I've been listening to this album on and off for years now. Every year around this time I start listening to it a lot. This year I think it's broke me. I cannot stop listening to it. Antics is okay and I know how they're often compared with Joy Division. While the lyrics do click, what I'm really looking for is something with this sound. Stuff like early Wire or PiL is all I've been able to find, but that's still not cutting it.
>>
The Chameleons are definitely a direct influence on them, but I know I can't get myself into them. You might have better luck, though.

So yeah, try the Chameleons.
>>
viet cong
>>
>>60282923
Thanks. I got their LP night when I was looking for some on the archive. P good, but not quite.
>>60282965
Yeah, that's one of my fave releases this year, but that's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>60282843
Try Our Love to Admire, it's a fantastic and underrated album. Their s/t also isn't as most people make it out to be. I don't know what to rec you though. Try The Sound and Minimal Man I guess.
>>
Los Dynamite
>>
>>60283406
>>60283406
I'll take your word for it. I've tried their other albums many times but they've never clicked like this one has. I'll give em another go though
>>60283406
Found on the archive too.
>>
File: Postpunkflowchart3.jpg (4 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Postpunkflowchart3.jpg
4 MB, 5000x5000
Don't ever post this shit again until you've listened to at least half of the albums here.
>>
I always describe this album as Television+Joy Division

everybody forgets about Television

listen to Television

it doesn't have that same reverby joy division ambiance but it has some of the most kick ass guitar work ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlbunmCbTBA
>>
>>60282843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRbZNOr5bHc
>>
>>60283596
Thanks. A little less than half though still not enough. Looking more for post-punk revival if possible not classics desu.
>>
>>60283785
surely you've listened to the national
>>
>>60284035
Yes and I can't stand them all except for a few songs (mostly on alligator). One of my best friends plays in a band who try sound like them. I can't do it...I've tried and I just fucking can't.
>>
>>60284384
I have the same problem. Turn on the Bright Lights was stuck in my CD player for 3 months. Couldn't stop listening to it. I was/am a big Joy Division fan, so it makes sense.
Anything I've found that is kind of in the same vein only sounds like if for a few songs (The National, Uni_Form >>60283734 , Editors, etc).
So if you find something, let me know, but I think (like me) you are in love with the album and you're not going to find anything close.
It's a good album for fall and winter. I like The Cure's Disintegration album for winter as well FWIW.
>>
>>60282843
Check out My Dad Is Dead - The Taller You Are The Shorter You Get
>>
Singles by Future Islands i think it's kind of comparable
>>
>>60284807
Wow... I didn't know anyone else knew about that guy/band. Haven't heard anything since 89 or 90. Where can I find some? (not OP)
There was some song that started out with a drum machine, then a drum kit came in, then guitar... lyrics something like "you better watch out for that man.... and you're shaken/shaking"???
>>
it's good idc desu
>>
>>60284865
Here's Taller... https://mega.co.nz/#F!PgcDUZYL!xW2JVzrBFsZtuTRqc9zwyQ

And everything can be dl'd from here (but as individual songs)... http://www.mydadisdead.com/music/
>>
>>60285084
Thank you!
Hope I can find that one song.
My at the time gf had a brother who did radio shows in Moscow, ID college and we got to fill in a couple times. We'd just pull random albums off the shelf and play them. That's how I discovered My Dad is Dead. And Barkmarket.
Simpler times. Discovering new music was more difficult, and therefore more rewarding when you found something that you really liked.
>>
>>60285066
the demos of this are really good and are more similar to TOTBL
>>
>>60285084
>>60285084
http://www.mydadisdead.com/music/plm/Like%20a%20Vise.mp3

I can't thank you enough.....
From the days of Napster to Amazon, I've never been able to find it (It is actually on Amazon now).
I can't even begin to explain how nostalgia I am right now. I'm in 1989 listening to it on a mix tape in my duplex.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.