[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Guess End-Of-Year Ranking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1_p4k_new_logo1.jpg (32 KB, 536x358) Image search: [Google]
1_p4k_new_logo1.jpg
32 KB, 536x358
1. To Pimp A Butterfly
2. Carrie & Lowell
3. Art Angels
4. Currents
5. In Color
6. New Bermuda
7. Summertime '06
8. Wildheart
9. Compton
10. Garden Of Delete
>>
>>60282405
This is depressing. Compton, Art Angels, Currents, and In Colour shouldn't even be touching the top 10
>>
>>60282405
Its sad cos it was a great year and this just makes it look a bit shite, but you're probably spot on
>>
>>60282436
It's depressing but it's realistic.
>>
where's joanna newsom
>>
>>60282464
It's realistic but it's depressing.
>>
Didn't Kendrick win AOTY in 2012? There's no way p4k will award AOTY to the same artist, let alone for subsequent albums.

I'm guessing they'll give it to Sufjan.
>>
>>60282511
No way, TPAB will 100% get it
>>
>>60282511
Didn't Sufjan get AOTY in 2005?
>>
>>60282511
It did, but the hype and the whole narrative around it will land it that spot. Sufjan had a nice enough album, but didn't have the aura TPAB has.
>>
>>60282464

>Depression Cherry
>>
>>60282405
Forgetting FJM? That pretentious shits getting top 10 for sure.
>>
>>60282511
this plus the fact that they've done that "one year hip-hop the next year indie" for a while now. i think i love you, honeybear will get it.
>>
>>60282695
Maybe, but i wouldn't mind that, it was a great pop album
>>
1. To Pimp A Butterfly
2. Art Angels
3. Carrie & Lowell
4. In Color
5. Currents
6. New Bermuda
7. Summertime '06
8. Wildheart
9. Compton
10. I love you honeybear
>>
>>60282695
Fuck you, FJM is so good
>>
>>60282789
Only 3/4 albums that deserve to be there, real shame
>>
>>60282532
>>60282602
Fellas, don't you remember in 2013 when Kanye had the highest score by TWO decibels and the award still went to Vampire Weekend, an artist that hasn't won AOTY? To Pimp A Butterfly will most certainly not be their #1 spot.

>>60282600
Yeah you're right. For these reasons, both Sufjan and Kendrick are not AOTY candidates for p4k.
>>
50. Art Angels
>>
>>60282825
>decibels
What? do they really rank things in "decibels" or did you just mean decimals?
>>
>>60282860
Ah, shit, I meant decimals.
>>
>>60282825
Who will have the AOTY with that logic then? Tame Impala? fuck no
>>
1. I Love You Honeybear
2. To Kek A Butterfly
3. In Colour
4. Carrie and Lowell
5. New Bermuda
>>
>>60282405
Who cares? Fuck Pitchfork.
>>
OP list is way too close to the number scores. they always switch it up. i think TPAB won't get best album but Alright will definitely be best track. best album might not even have come out yet but also might be Art Angels
>>
theyre going to be le indeh with it and pick In Color to throw everyone off the trail
>>
there is absolutely no way Alright won't be track of the year for them
>>
>>60282405
1. I Love You Honeybear
2. TPAB
3. C&L
4. In Colour
5. Depression Cherry
6. Summertime 06
7. New Bermuda
8. Currents
9. Garden of Delete
>>
>>60282405
1. Art Angels (after a 9.5 BNM review)
2. TPAB
3. C&L
4. New Bermuda
5. In Colour
6. Divers
7. I Love You Honeybear
8. Summertime '06
9. The Epic
10. Currents (Even p4k knows they fucked up giving this one a 9.3, Grimes is the superior poptimist icon now)
>Bonus:
11. Wildheart
12. Platform
13. Compton
14. Vega Intl. Night School
15. Vulnicura
16. No Cities To Love
17. Sometimes I Sit and Think
18. Garden of Delete
19. Simple Songs
20. Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper
>>
Does the fact that they have already reviewed OPN but still no Artangels 4 days after release mean that they're going to give it a 10/10?
>>
>>60282405
Fucking disgusting.
>>
im leaving out grimes because she could easily get 9.5 tonight and become the number 1

1. IN COLOUR
2. To Pimp A Butterfly (honestly feel like no matter the #1 TPAB will be #2, even if that means In Colour #3)
3. New Bermuda
4. Currents
5. Summertime 06
6. Carrie and Lowell
7. Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
8. Compton
9. Wildheart
10. I Love You Honeybear

11. Vega Intl Night School
12. Divers
13. Vulnicura
14. Garden of Delete
15. Dirty Sprite 2
16. Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper
17. Platform
18. M3LL155X
19. Depression Cherry
20. Simple Songs

SOTY
1. Pedestrian at Best
2. Alright
3. I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
4. Realiti
5. Trap Queen
6. Cause I'm A Man
7. Should Have Known Better
8. Hotline Bling
9. Come Back
10. Sparks
>>
01. Barter 6
02. Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
03. Viet Cong
04. Dirty Sprite 2
05. Surf
06. B'lieve I'm Going Down
07. Tobias Jesso Jr.
08. Depression Cherry
09. Platform
10. If You're Reading This It's Too Late
>>
Art Angels is going to be number 1

Mutant will be in the top 5
>>
All these lists make me depressed. Nowadays it's more obvious than ever that Pitchfork isn't even trying anymore. Some artists, like Sufjan, Joanna, OPN, Grimes, Kendrick, DFHVN, etc., will be awarded BNM no matter what. It's not about the quality of the music anymore, it's just pandering to what's trendy while ignoring tons of better records that deserve more exposure. There are exceptions, sure, but most of the time it's the same old shit being praised, unless you really fuck up (and even that case P4k will most likely still kiss your ass). And of course /mu/ goes along with this bullshit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.