[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long is your version of Heroes and Villains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: smile.png (600 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
600 KB, 600x600
How long is your version of Heroes and Villains?
>>
I have a question, is there a good version of this album that sounds relatively complete and doesn't include all the half-finished instrumental stuff? Preferably in mono
>>
>>60280050
Smile Sessions.
>>
File: 1385283045170.jpg (59 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
1385283045170.jpg
59 KB, 337x367
>>60280050
>complete sounding version of an incomplete album
>>
File: brian-wilson-smile.jpg (733 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
brian-wilson-smile.jpg
733 KB, 1000x1000
>>60280050
>>
>>60280141
Yeah I edge on saying I like this more than the Smile Sessions version for that reason, but it ain't quite the same without the Beach Boys singing
>>
>>60280050
Obviously not. Considering it was never completed you're not going to find a complete version of it, other than this poor excuse >>60280141 with old man vocals
>>
I've had an EP of versions I've made. There's 7-minute and 7:30 minute cantata versions, and a two-part version that totals 8 minutes.
>>
>>60281254
Mind linking us Senpai?
>>
7:35. Longest one I have is ~23 minutes. My peronal edit is around 5:30.
>>
>>60282351
How the hell do you have a 23 minute version of Heroes and Villains?
>>
>>60282351
Mine is 8 minutes long, how did you lay yours out?
>>
>>60282408
I modeled it after a three-part cantata format, having the uobeat "I've been in this town" section first, the slower "margarita" and "children" sections and extra piano/harpsichord and chants for the second part, and a climactic reprise, using the alternate take of the first verse, and the "dum dum dum" part at the end, and it fades out with a repeated harpsichord note that sounds like a clock striking noon.

For the two-parted one, the first part (what could've been a single) is kind of like the original single version, but adds the margarita part and has a quieter harpsichord part to fade out on. The second part has all the disjointed chants and piano parts, functioning as a less-commercial B-side.
>>
>>60283165
Mine is basically the Smile Sessions version with Gee acting like the intro, Verse one with the chorus, a mash up of Children was raised version one and Peace of the valley, the upbeat Heroes and Villains Chant, cantia, other H/V chant, Childrens was raised version 2, CHorus, and fade.

Odd choices, but it works really well in my head
>>
>>60283246
I sourced mine from another fan mix, one that was 12 minutes and has practically everything that was recorded for it.
>>
>>60283278
Interesting. Suppose we should swap our versions some time
>>
Anybody wanna post a mega of their version? haven't been able to find a working one on the archives
>>
>>60285240
Eh I guess, It's just SLN's mix but with the extended Heroes and ViIllains
>>
I like the 2 part single from The Smile Sessions. The first part is the cantina version, the original mix from 1967 that was going to be released. Thats the real Heroes and Villains for me.

The best fan version is by far the AlternateBrianWilson one.
>>
File: brian.png (159 KB, 1066x703) Image search: [Google]
brian.png
159 KB, 1066x703
>>
>>60280225
>ain't quite the same without the Beach Boys singing
>>60280279
old man vocals

Exactly, can we all finally agree that Smile Sessions is the superior recording and move on yet?
>inb4 Smiley Smile, the poor man's Smile
>>
There is one on youtube that fills in the gaps of the Smile Sessions side one with BWPS. So its mostly Smile Sessions but uses the vocals from BWPS to finish the instrumental tracks. I think its 3867 or something like that.
It does an ok job, but sometimes it uses BWPS vocals when the orignal superior vocals already exists
>>
>>60285240
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/kf6YzGzU/file.html
>>
>>60287180
I will say that I kinda prefer BWPS and SS' H&V to the Sessions. That upright bass during the hook is kinda obnoxious.

Well actually: SS>Sessions>BWPS

>>60282351
>>60282364
Please answer this.
>>
>>60287089

....b-but...
you won't upload, will you senpai??
>>
>>60287449
Those albums aren't hard to get.
>>
>>60283299
Here's the long version:
http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/a2Y5c9g8/file.html
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.