[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is a reason why Sad/Depressive music is of higher "quality"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (619 KB, 1280x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
619 KB, 1280x871
There is a reason why Sad/Depressive music is of higher "quality" and just Good in general. They're trying to increase the suicide Rate in order to keep the world from dooming itself due to overpopulation. Now some of you might say something like:
>"So why does the media push trash and pop shit and not Le sad and Depressive music?!"
Well i am glad you asked beause there's also a reason for that as well.
Let me ask you, is it of greater use, for "them", to have a population that consists of smart people, or the opposite? It's two birds with one stone.
>"hurr durr only Le smart and sophisticated people listen to 'good' music"
Well yes, if you listen to niki minaj and the likes or whatever the fuck is popular these days, there's a high chance that you are empty-headed.
Faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>60278828
>>
>>60278828
I can see where you're coming from
Sounds a bit far fetched, though
>>
>There is a reason why Sad/Depressive music is of higher "quality" and just Good in general.

Yes, the reason is that you're depressed and so depressive music resonates more strongly with your personal emotions
You fucking dolt
>>
But the best music is melancholy yet ultimately optimistic. Suicide-core usually sucks
>>
>>60278828
>>>/x/
>>
>>60278860
The autism is strong with OP today.
>>
>>60278887
>But the best music is melancholy yet ultimately optimistic.
Agreed.
>>60278880
The doctor said i have mid to severe depression, but it can't be just that. I can appreciate "good" music when i hear it.
>>60278865
Of course i said all of that Half-jokingly. It's a fun theory i guess.
>>
>>60278828
smoke more crack, bb
>>
>>60278860
>>60278865
>>60278933
look OP, anti-intellectual shills, they were on it immediately
anti-intellectuals
>>
>>60279012
I never did a test or something and i also dont know how you measure autism. But if i were to guess, i would say that i have at least 20% of autism.
>>
>>60278880
Everyone is depressed to an extent, some people are just too ashamed to admit it
>>
>>60279012
I know this is ironic b8, but it's even worse b8 considering anti intellectualism is a very real problem, that's amplified on 4chan lately
>>
>>60278979
>The doctor said i have mid to severe depression, but it can't be just that.
It is just that
Speaking as someone who's been, at various points in my life, both extremely happy and extremely depressed, there is no objective radar for how happy or sad music has to be in order for it to be "good"
It all depends on your own personal state of mind
Happy people, even highly intelligent happy people with diverse and interesting tastes in music, gravitate towards happy albums, and depressed people gravitate towards depressed albums
That you don't know any happy albums that are deep and meaningful only tells me that you've never been happy, or at least not both happy and properly interested in music, because you've never bothered to expand your music tastes in the positive direction
Sorry about that man
>>
>>60279119
Savage as fuck
>>
>>60279119
But i listen to happy music too. Like.

Does immunity (jon hopkins) count as happy?
Honestly though. Everyday at work, i go to a corner were no one sees me and i just start crying like a literal faggot for absolutely no reason. I just dont like taking pills. When i do take them, i can live. Nothing else seems to be working. I found a job, i did some work out, my body is pretty decent, i had a GF, car, friends etc. But the hardest part of all is, that there's actually no one that understands you.
>"yeah i know that feeling, i get sad sometimes too :("
and shit like that. But you already know these situations.
I better stop talking.
Have you ever attempted suicide? I took 25 pilla of aspirin but chickened out and called the ambulance 10 mins later. For 10 minutes, i was happy. It kinda grew my bond with my family and friends a bit. The jokes they make about it are kinda funny.
Anyway,
rec me something happy.
>>
>>60279101
it's post ironic mate trust me
it's fucked in here
>>
>>60279119
For certain types of people they only listen to happy music when they're happy, and sad music when they're sad, but for others like me it's not like that. Ever since I was little I've been a sucker for melancholy, it's much more than sad vs happy, real emotions are deeper. I can listen to extremely melancholy music or watch depressing films but it has no impact on my own mood, if anything it's pleasurable and puts me in a calm mood. I don't mind upbeat music, but a lot of people have the idea that happy means shallowness and extroversion
>>
>>60279225
Not trying to be

>>60279374
>Does immunity (jon hopkins) count as happy?
No
As far as being depressed, being alone, being unsure of your own emotions, being misunderstood by literally everyone, etc etc, I've been through all that before and I understand the feeling but there's no advice I can really offer you as far as how to get out of it
It's something you have to work towards on your own, it just doesn't have a lasting effect if it's a strategy someone else has offered you, you have to divine your own personal means of escape
At least that's how I found it
>Have you ever attempted suicide?
Three times, but I'm not going into that
>rec me something happy.
As far as albums that are intelligent, complex and well-crafted and also happy a few of my favourites are:
Anais Mitchell - The Song They Sang... When Rome Fell
Stevie Wonder - Songs In the Key of Life
Freshlyground - Nomvula
Whether or not you'll appreciate these or they'll help at all is anyone's guess but there they are anyway

Idk usually I wouldn't even entertain this kind of conversation, especially not on 4chan, but I'm drunk and in a weird mood so it's whatever

>>60279413
Sad is not the same as depressed, and just being in a good mood isn't necessarily the same as being properly happy and content with your life
Sounds to me like you're happy, and so your state of happiness is unassailable, so depressing films/music/whatever don't depress you
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.