[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer crashed and lost all my music. How do I even recover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1445984800932.jpg (67 KB, 614x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445984800932.jpg
67 KB, 614x1024
Computer crashed and lost all my music. How do I even recover? Do I start with my 10/10s? Alphabetically? From 2015 and work my way through the years? What do /moo/?
>inb4 faggot should have backed up
>inb4 del sys 32
>>
>>60277369
Backup and Restore?
>>
>>60277369
The answer is in your pic idiot
>>
Did it backup your files in some way?
Do you have any hard copies of your music?

Personally I'd just start with the albums I listened to the most and go from there. You could also start using spotify while you're rebuilding your collection.

yeah or delete sys32 and never come here again, that works too
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg!Pd0G3C7T

This should start you off for the more well known stuff anon
>>
I recently had my iPod classic die on me so I lost all my music. That's when a friend introduced me to spotify and I started rebuilding from there. It's interesting because I've built back my library but with plenty of new favorites and a lot of the things I used to listen to that I've gradually revisited
>>
>>60277369
You talk like you're from /b/ so take this chance and get some good music.
>>
most of the music you lost probably wasn't any good anyway
>>
>>60277369
This happened to me few months ago. I didn't look back to "muh classics" and shit and just downloaded what I was enjoying at the moment, because that was everything I needed.
>>
>>60277384
First I'd have to get this mofo up and running again. Thing is from the early 2000's though. Gonna see if I can salvage anything from the hard drive when I have the chance.
>>60277394
Shoe on head? Tried it.
>>60277433
Have to check the hard drive.
And nah I'd buy or DL from the webz. I used Spotify before but it kept deleting my local files from playlists so I got frustrated with it and stopped using it.
>>60277477
Spotify kept fucking me over, so I stopped using it.
>>60277502
>implying good music exists
>>60277535
Probably tobehonestfam
>>
>>60277604
I guess I could start there. I do enjoy muh classics though.
>>
>>60277477
>listening to all your music in ogg vorbis
This plebs senpai, when will they learn
>>
>>60277369
This is an opportunity to listen to new stuff, dont download your old shit, start again with stuff youve never listened too

Every once in a while ill delete my entire mobile library and replace it, always find new favorites
>>
>>60277953
It's not ideal but that's what I have records for
>>
The reality is you'll never regain the exact same library. You'll still continue listening to new shit and adding new albums and discographies instead of worrying about getting songs or albums you used to have that you never really listened to. You'll get back the main albums you like, the one you know front to back, but it'll never be the same library. My computer crashed over a year ago and I lost everything, I still don't have like 40% of the albums and songs I used to have. Trust me, I've had this same experience and you'll never fully remember the entire library. Luckily for me I had a 16 gig ipod that held a lot of the songs I had, so I was able to get quite a bit back, but I'm missing 500+ songs.
>>
>not keeping a backup of your shit in case this would happen
You deserve it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.