[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to know this boards opinion on Son Lux. Why do you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cove_s.png (28 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cove_s.png
28 KB, 800x800
I want to know this boards opinion on Son Lux. Why do you like or dislike if you have an opinion.
>>
At War... is still his best album. He's got a lot of good ideas and intersting arrangements but he needs someone to reel him in most times, which is why We are Rising wasnt great. Lanters was pretty good, and Bones was a little less good.

He has an interesting live show.
>>
>>60274384
I agree with everything you just said. Like it just feels like he gets a tad bit carried away.

But I really like the arrangements, they keep me on the edge.
>>
I love Son Lux and everything he/they have put out, Bones is criminally underrated and my personal aoty

>>60274384
Really? At War is your favorite? don't think I've ever met anyone who thought so.
>>
>>60274500
Honestly I preferred lanterns to bones though. Nonetheless bones is also on my tip albums of the year list.

Any opinion on the alternate worlds ep? I thought that was great too
>>
>>60274641
Yeah I feel the same way, Bones is amazing but Lanterns was out of this world

the EP was really interesting, a lot of cool ideas that didn't overstep their boundaries in editing those songs, although I'm not sure they improved any of them. Lorde's feature actually fit really well too, more collabs in the future would be nice.
>>
>>60274680
Yeah. Have you seen him/them live?

I live in India, so him coming down here seems improbable at best
>>
>>60274782
Yeah, I saw them in Boston on their last tour in america. Great show, despite them not playing some of my favorites (didn't play All the right things, No crimes, or This time, what the heck man?). They really get into it and enjoy themselves, really creates a good live atmosphere.

here's a pre-bones live show that was in the archive in case you haven't heard
https://mega.nz/#!DwJBBQ4B!ahyYaQApTqXVe4jfoy1MRB-ddxMlsKC07xmYPaloDag
>>
>>60274899
Thanks man, I'll check it out
>>
>>60274641
Alternate Worlds EP is one of my fav EPs OAT. Especially Mouths Only Lying, such a beautiful track. I actually talked to Ryan Lott on twitter about how he made the synth for that sound, we talked for like 20 minutes about it. I want to meet him irl someday.
>>
>>60275143
Yeah dude I really like the EP too, Lott is definitely my favorite overall electronic music artist.

Any link to the conversation? I wouldn't mind knowing how he made that synth
>>
>>60274500
For sure. At War is his most restrained and calculated, which in my opinion adds a tension that his best music is reliant on. Also I bought it when it came out and Im just attached. Been following him since his beginnings, and at that point At War was a totally wierd trip and i loved it.

The Alternate Wolds EP was a disappontment for me. Too much like Lanterns to hold my interest. Plus the track with Lorde might as well just have been Ryan singing slightly differently.

You should seek out some other stuff of his. Black Water, TEAR, and his split with Bleubird are all fantastic singles. He also contributed tracks to an experimental art film called 16mm, and if you can snag those tracks, theyre really nice.
>>
>>60275782
I've heard TEAR, but the others were new to me. Definitely good stuff, living up to high expectations.

And about the EP, it's enjoyable if you're not expecting new songs. I went into it expecting what I got, which was just interesting reworks of some of Lanterns tracks
>>
>>60275384
just scroll down

https://twitter.com/EoCentric/with_replies
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.