[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The world is a vampire What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1430145213063.jpg (12 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
1430145213063.jpg
12 KB, 578x327
>The world is a vampire

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>60271261
that the world is a vampire sent to draiaiaian
>>
>>60271261
>sent to drain
I think he meant that women are ever-present seeking to steal his essence, in the same way that a vampire might drain the blood from his victim. Billy is wise enough to withhold his essence from these "vampires". He doesn't avoid the company of women. But he does deny them his essence.
>>
>>60271261
FORGET ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND AND MEET ME AT THE HOTEL ROOM
>>
>Be hip and inventive artist
>Don't want to fuck MTF trannies and threaten to beat them up

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>60271305
the hotel motel holiday inn?
>>
I reckon it basically means that the world/society drains you of things like joy, happiness and energy
>>
>>60271286
he says the world, not women?
>>
>>60271363
Well if you've ever listened to any other Smashing Pumpkins songs, you'll know his world is women
>>
>>60271363
It's a metaphor, and a subtle indication that women really run the world. But the primary message remains the same: purity of essence.
>>
>>60271383
how is that a metaphor
>>
>>60271419
>A metaphor is a figure of speech that identifies something as being the same as some unrelated thing for rhetorical effect, thus highlighting the similarities between the two.

It's probably too sophisticated for most people to recognize.
>>
>>60271432
I'm asking you define and break down why you think that would be a metaphor for that

I don't see it whatsoever, at most it would be essentially a euphemism to be perfectly honest

you assume he means women, but where is even the vaguest indication of that in the lyrics
>>
>>60271464
Dude, I already explained. The following line "sent to drain" is obviously referring to loss of essence. Now, it is possible to experience loss of essence to another man if one is a homosexual (and there's nothing wrong with that), but since Corgan is clearly a heterosexual, the line can only be a reference to women.
>>
>>60271479
>sent to drain can only be a reference to women

this is your brain hard at work
>>
His music is a vampire because it sucks
>>
>>60271479
This is patrician trolling, I'm learning a lot.
>>
>>60271374
zing
>>
>>60271383
dont listen to this guy, hes just throwing stuffout of hishat
>>
BWREEEEEE BWREEEEE
>>
>>60271261
Am I the only one that thinks that once this guy turned bald he became a total fag?
>>
File: Young Billy Corgan.jpg (105 KB, 464x580) Image search: [Google]
Young Billy Corgan.jpg
105 KB, 464x580
>>60272589
Might be Billy himself.
>>
LOVE IS SUICIIIIIIIIIIDE
>>
Love is good and love is kind.
>>
LOVE
>CAN
LAST
>FOOOOOORRREVER
>>
Love is a sentimental heart.
>>
>>60274535
this line means billy corgan wants to kill women
>>
Love is for keks
>>
File: 1444069754405.jpg (92 KB, 640x553) Image search: [Google]
1444069754405.jpg
92 KB, 640x553
>>60271261
Cuz the world sucks the life outta you
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.