[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The record [Nevermind] was soon certified gold, but the band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: nirvanaimage580.jpg (36 KB, 580x252) Image search: [Google]
nirvanaimage580.jpg
36 KB, 580x252
>The record [Nevermind] was soon certified gold, but the band was relatively uninterested in the achievement. Novoselic recalled, "Yeah I was happy about it. It was pretty cool. It was kind of neat. But I don't give a shit about some kind of achievement like that. It's cool—I guess."
>It was pretty cool
>I don't give a shit

Why were the members of Nirvana such edgy faggots you guys?
>>
>>60271162
Maybe he actually just didn't care about a certificate to say "you've sold X amount of units! Here's a gaudy golden record in a frame for you to hang up in your house."
>>
You could still get away with being edgy in the early 90s.
>>
>>60271162
They still are.
>>
>>60271162
being edgy was cool in the early 90s
>>
>>60272868
Now it's cool to be a contrain
>>
>>60271162
>Have different standards of success?
>wow so edgy
OK
>>
>>60272889
>contrain
>>
File: display.jpg (13 KB, 286x295) Image search: [Google]
display.jpg
13 KB, 286x295
>>60272889
It's cooler to be a Coltrane
>>
>>60271162
Why does faggot OP care so much about Nirvana you guys?
>>
Its funny that 6 months before Nevermind came out, Kurt did an interview with Revolver saying how Nirvana will be the biggest band in the world, and the new record will be the biggest record in the world. Then after it came out he was all like "I don't get why everyone cares about me, I don't want fame."
>>
>>60273386
[citation needed]
>>
>>60273386
citation absolutely needed over here familia
>>
>>60271162
its called being humble. You should try it sometimes :)
>>
>>60271162
they made bad music too
>>
>>60271162
Punk rock =/= edgy, necessarily
>>
>>60273517
What's bad about it?
>>
>>60271162
If you want to talk shit about nirvana then just do it, don't make excuses like some passive aggressive cunt.
>>
>>60273575
It's poor man's mudhoney.
>>
>>60273642
How so? Mudhoney didn't have any songs like Lithium or Smells Like Teen Spirit.
>>
>not giving a shit was part of their image
whuda thunk?
>>
>>60271162
Fame's not for everyone I guess, not everyone wants something like that, which is completely understandable you fucking idiot.

Also, why are you asking us this? You should be able to figure that one out on your own
>>
>>60273572
>nirvana
>punk
lol
>>
>>60273642
mudhoney fucking sucks and completely sold out. Touch Me I'm Sick is literally the only song they've ever released worth listening to and you're either wearing nostalgia goggles or trying really hard to pretend otherwise
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.