[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so good and all their other albums so shitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: gorillaz_demon_cd_cover_big.jpg (154 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
gorillaz_demon_cd_cover_big.jpg
154 KB, 800x800
Why is this so good and all their other albums so shitty?
>>
>>60266786
Plastic beach was good though
>>
>>60266786
Produced by Danger Mouse
Featured MF DOOM.
>>
>>60259269
It's quite a rocky album but it's certainly their best.

White Lights is crap though.
>>
>>60267370
Whoops, link wasn't intended. I'm on the cover app and forgot to clear the previous post I was on.
>>
>>60266865
it was pretty mediocre desu. that noisy black guy who died had a really annoying voice that didnt mesh with their style.
>>
that album is shitty though. just like everything Albarn does
>>
>>60266865
I liked it, but there were too many guest stars and unfinished work. Empire Ants is definitely in my top 3, though.
>>
>>60266786
This one is boring though and the songs don't go anywhere, all the songs sound like drawn out intros except for November Has Come

Gorillaz is a more creative work but was largely a failed experiment

Plastic Beach is chocked with filler, unnecessary features, and awful production choices

Not to be edgy but Gorillaz' best album is The Fall. Maybe its super stripped down and more a Damon solo record than part of the real Gorillaz "universe", but it has a lot of really pretty melodies and an ominously comfy atmosphere
>>
>swimming in pool this summer
>finally got portable speakers to use so I can listen while swimming
>that fucking feel when listening to plastic beach and swimming while hot sun is out
Plastic Beach is good.
>>
>>60267519

The only bad song is Glitter Freeze. A handful of others like White Flag and Some Kind of Nature are decent but forgettable by Gorillaz standards.

Everything else is god-tier. Not sure why the entire album gets hate just for not being flawless like Demon Days. I guess there will always be plebs.
>>
>>60267418
kill urself my man
>>
>>60267654
stylo, glitterfreeze, white flag are boring as fuck

even songs like rhinestone eyes or welcome to plastic beach are not "god tier" you fucking moron
>>
>>60267690
Hey just so you know, you probably shouldn't be posting on a music board when you're clearly deaf.
>>
>>60267690

>shitting on Rhinestone Eyes

Not cool, man.
>>
>>60267828
>calling stylo "boring as fuck"

it's like he's not even trying not to be a plebian retard
>>
>>60267938

Stylo took a few listens to grow on me. It eventually did but that one took me a second, probably because it was the lead single and the first taste of the whole "not trip-hop" thing that Plastic Beach was.
>>
>>60267197
>Produced by Danger Mouse
that didn't make it good. Hell, he's the fucking reason The Good, The Bad & The Queen fucking sucked.
>>
>>60266786
why can't gorillaz fans ever objectively explain why they do or don't like shit?

this is crap
that was gud
dat feels comfy

>>60267654
like this right here.
where's the meat in this post?
empty claims everywhere
the best you're gonna get from this is "i agree" or "nah you wrong"

>>60267504
what's "unccecessary" about lots of different voices? if you didn't know gorillaz and weren't told which tracks had "feat." written next to them why would this bother you?
what's filler?
which "production choices" were awful?
>>
>tfw the only Gorillaz song I liked was On Melancholy Hill
>>
>>60267654
>only bad song is Glitter Freeze
What is "Sweepestakes"?
>>
>>60266865
I liked Plastic BEach almost as much, altough I can see why people who liked Demon Days wuld have a hard time agreeing. They're two very different albums
>>
Can we at least agree that On Melancholy Hill is good af
>>
>>60268815
okay I'll bite but I'll be broad because I enjoy most of their catalog.. I enjoy the gorillaz because they seem to have (or at least to me) a very strong narratives and that is one way I gauge one album from another as far as how much I enjoy it.

>why can't gorillaz fans ever objectively explain why they do or don't like shit?
I think this happens on /mu/ more then anywhere else because we assume people have heard it already so they lot the music stand for itself. Or I'm give people on /mu/ way t much credit.
>>
>>60268844
Best song desu.
>>
How is their self titled shitty when it has really great songs like Clint Eastwood, 19-2000, and, Tomorrow comes today. Demon Days is great but by the end it kinda falls flat unless you really like the ambient shit
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_082115_175050.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_082115_175050.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>60267504
nah ur just meme-ing now with those shitty opinions m8
>>
>>60269787
Actually the only single I've given a 5 on RYM
>>
>>60269818
>by the end it kinda falls flat
The end is the best part. Don't Get Lost In Heaven / Demon Days is the best thing Gorillaz has done, the live version with the gospel chorus is GOAT. Go watch it now!
>>
>>60266786
>s/t
>shitty
>Double Bass
>shitty
fuck outta here
>>
>>60266786
DEL IS THE ONLY REASON THEY ARE MAINSTREAM

AND DEL IS NOT EVEN MAINSTREAM HIMSELF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>60267519

This.

I fucking love plastic beach.
>>
They've always sucked
>>
As someone who grew up listening to Gorillaz, (was around 7 when I bought the Clint Eastwood CD, just after s/t album) I was always into the weird, creepy and sometimes even solitary vibe off the artwork, characters and the music itself. It all peaked in Demon Days and everything after it was all happy and sunshine which ruined it for me (fucking normans roooo).

Demon Days will be my favourite for a very long time.
>>
>>60266786
Plastic Beach is literally twice as good as Demon Days.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>60267654
I don't know how but Some Kind of Nature is my favorite Gorillaz song.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.