[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled... Can we all agree that this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4
File: homepage_large.a2fb43da.jpg (70 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.a2fb43da.jpg
70 KB, 319x319
Now that the dust has settled...
Can we all agree that this album is complete shit?
>>
It's alright. Sometimes embarrassingly bad, but other times pretty fucking great.

So, overall, it's alright.
>>
>9.5 on Pitchfork
>>
>Lou Reed said it's genius
>>
its highly overrated and highly underrated

at the same damn time
>>
It's really fucking good.

No other album comes close in terms of front to back replayability for me.

I don't understand how people dislike it.
>>
>>60264575
>I don't understand how people dislike it.
It sounds terrible.
>>
>>
On Sight is a goddamn H Y P E T R A C K
>>
>>60264567
somehow this.

the songs are done in true Kanye fashion, so it's hard not only to judge, but to compare with his peers. He's sort in unrivalled territory, especially with the coterie of friends he can call upon for guest features.

much of the music is objectively good music from objectively good artists, but some is also a bit disagreeable. Oddly enough, I thought Bound 2 was the most interesting song on the album, but most people did not share that sentiment.
>>
I like it
>>
>>60264480
No Love Deep West
>>
God Tier:
MBDTF
Yeezus
Late Registration

Great Tier:
Graduation

Good Tier:
College Dropout

IDK Tier:
808s
>>
>>60264480
it's objectively not that great but alright for what it is
>>
I liked Daft Punk's production on the first listen

Second listen, I realized how Kanye's 'lyrics' added less than nothing to the music.
His writing is totally self-aware and clever... Right.
>>
>>60264480

On Sight is on a tier of it's own. I think Kanye used a time machine and went to a Kanye from the distant future and picked up that throwaway track from his future self before being sent back.
>>
>>60266021
niiiiiiiiiiiiicee..

but not rly lol u suk!!
>>
>>60266261
no
U
>>
>>60264687

Bound 2 is a song you love or hate, apparently. Haven't really seen any middle grounds for that.

Myself, I don't really like it, it just contrasts way too much with the rest of the album. I know that was done in purpose but I can't say I'm into it.
>>
>>60264480
It's 50% good songs 50% bad songs. Meh album desu, but with some great tracks.
>>
>>60264480
No.
>>
in it goes hard desu
>>
>>60264480
no this album is great.
>>
I can. Still want the 2 hours I spent giving this garbage 3 fair shakes back.
>>
>>60264480
this album is a meme. it's "fanbase" only "listens" to it ironically.
there is a reason why it gets posted on /mu/ daily
>>
>>60267730
The ""calling" things you don't "like" a "meme"" meme needs to fucking die
>>
This album was ahead of its time
>>
>>60264480
yes...it was shit before the dust settled.
>>
The one thing I'll agree on is that it's overrated as fuck. This album is great in it's style, vision and cohesion but I only really enjoy half of the songs.
>>
>Anthony Flamtano gave it a 5/10
>>
>>60268623
upvoted
>>
it wont be so shit in a couple more years
>>
>>60264480
seriously my favourite album of all time. was never really into kanye until this made me a fan and i went back and listened to everything
>>
>kanye west albums liked only by white people/white washed people

Yeezus
808s
MBDTF

>kanye west albums liked only by the realest of niggas

dropout
graduation
late reg
>>
>>60266068
>he's TRYING to write lyrics that are kind of off!
>he's portraying himself as egotistical! It's just an act!
how many excuses can music critics use before admitting that Kanye's lyrics on Yeezus were rushed and not well thought out?
>>
>>60268721
>white person
this post

>non-white person
not this post
>>
>>60268721
Dude black people love 808's
>>
>>60264591
very well-thought out response, thanks friendo
>>
>>60268774
black people arent a monolith you fuckbucket
>>
>>60264480
I'd give it an easy 8.5/10. It was a grower, but now I absolutely love it. I know this is a bait thread, but I'll give it a serious answer.

I think it's largely misunderstood. People shit on the lyrics constantly, yet don't really look into them, which are quite obvious if you pay attention.

It's definitely an angry album, unlike anything else he's done, and despite some of the production sounding a bit weird maybe even bad, I think it fits well.
>>
>>60268690
Fantano has a personal hatred for Kanye, that much is obvious.
>>
I listened to it a lot when it came out and loved it. Now I can't listen to it, it's total shit. Tastes change I guess. But just listen to it! It's sounds like a mess. Not to mention a majority of the lyrics are nonsensical garbage about nothing.
>>
>>60269004
#BallsackNagasakiWhen

https://bowlcunts.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
>>60269022
wow this is actually great
>>
>>60269022
Why did you quote me?
>>
>>60266032
noo CD is so much better than graduation
<3 religious yeezy lmao
>>
>>60269041
If you like Kanye so much i figure you'd like this.
>>
>>60269022
dubs checkem
>>
>>60269050
Oh, okay. Thanks, yes, I'm a huge Kanye West fan of his music and him personally.
>>
>>60268721
i think yeezus is the only one that hasn't really been accepted by his black audience (in terms of a majority, obviously music taste isnt based solely on color)
>>
New Slaves is the best song by far.
>>
>>60269064
I'm really glad that you hold that really edgy and new opinion.
>>
>>60269076
Cool response. Did you just start high school?
>>
>>60269079
Middle school actually, Thanks for boosting my self confidence. Mom always said I was mature for my age.
>>
>>60269105
Listen to your mum then. I'm sure she's told you not to be rude to strangers.
>>
File: sureokay.jpg (6 KB, 160x239) Image search: [Google]
sureokay.jpg
6 KB, 160x239
>>60269022
>>
>>60269105
ur a lil bitch
>>
File: 340-2.jpg (11 KB, 256x340) Image search: [Google]
340-2.jpg
11 KB, 256x340
>>60269109
>me_rn
>>
>>60269125
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>60269130
>>60269143
You sound incredibly insecure.
>>
>>60266032
I half agree. Put CD in great and 808's in good tier and we're set. Maybe bump MBDTF down a notch too
>>
>>60269143
this nigga FOT/b/ sm︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>60264480
its very overrated, but still ok imo
808s > yeezus > mbdtf > when he thought he could rap
808s is 3.5/5 at best btw
>>
>>60264480
its awesome actually. New Slaves and Blood on The Leaves <3
>>
>>60264629
Well you're a faggot who dismisses Kendrick AND uses a trip at the same time!

Opinion discarded
>>
>>60264528
I agree.
>>
>>60270182
>808s
Glad to see some patrician taste here
>>
>>60264480
No. That album is great. Even Lou Reed thought so. You're just a pleb.
>>
>>60264528
>>60264567
This tbqh family
>>
>>60264687
>much of the music is objectively good music from objectively good artists

How does a human get to a point where they think things like this
>>
i thought that that lou reed review was very sarcastic and i thought everybody already knew
do u guys even know who u are talkin about when ure mentioning his yeezus ''praise''?
he just wanted to troll kanye
>>
>>60264480
The fact /mu/ loves Death Grips and hates this goes to show people only like Death Grips because they're the "in" artists to like
>>
>>60264480
Yes
>>
>>60272091
ehm both of them are ''in'' artists to hate ánd love on mu
death grips gets even more hate here imo
ur point?
>>
>>60264480
Not his best, but it certainly has it's moments. 7.5/10
>>
>>60264480
Kanye is an artist in the broad sense, not just a rapper. Artists sometime stray from their normal creative output. And not all pieces are masterpieces. Appreciate it for what it is.
>>
>>60272221
What art has he made apart from music?

And no, his fashion design is not art, it's not even couture
>>
>>60272241
lyricism, music production, stage design, fashion design, entrepreneurship, but mostly music. 808 and yeezus prove that musically he is more than a rapper. jay z would never put out albums remotely like that.

and if you are more than a rapper, you an artist senpai
>>
>>60272296
Ok
So are rappers not artists usually?
>>
>>60272315
rappers are rappers, not artists in the broad sense of the word, which is what I originally called kanye
>>
>>60272329
You're saying rappers are not artists?
That's a strange opinion at the very least
>>
>>60272315
he means most of them are just rappers
doing wat theyre suppose to do
kanye since 808s tried more and he succeeded

10s hip hop wouldve sounded the same as 00s if it wasnt for him imo
>>
>>60272315
>>60272356
see >>60272359 tbqh
>>
>>60272359
I mean I guess you could say he was more interdisciplinary

But then so is Black Milk but you don't get so many people praising him the way you do Kanye
Even tho he's 100 times better at everything than Kanye
>>
>>60272400
im sure if morepeople knew him, whoever he is, he would get praise if he is what you say he is
>>
>>60264480
>complete shit

thats an over statement. is it a bad record from an artist known for making such and then getting good reviews any way? yes. Is it lower than a 5 or 6 out of 10 at worst? no. I think a good bit of the backlash on this record has more to do with people feeling they need to *fix* its public image because some folks feel its far too highly esteemed while displaying work that in many places is openly shoddy.

>>60271531
Lou Reed's music is 99% shit too.... Metal Machine Music... Lulu... hell even his performances of Velvet Underground shit was downright atrocious.... he wrote some good records when he started out... and thats it... don't get the respect he has from what he did in music in the past twisted with the fact that he still made mostly shit tier albums and unlistenable music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di_2U23NA6A
anon... would you really be ok paying money to see lou reed to do shit like this? and can you take a man's musical opinions seriously when they don't even sing their own songs that they wrote in any key.
>>
>>60272208
That they are very similar but Yeezus gets regarded as trash
>>
>>60272644
Well he did slightly appear to imitate DG with Yeezus
>>
This was good but SWISH will be shit
>>
>>60264480
its basically Daft Punk and Gesaffelstein making an industrial hiphop album with Kanye in character talking about his greatness. Its a pretty damn good album and its the best industrial album out of Chicago in years.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.