[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm done this year with high school (18 already) and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Akiyama.Mio.full.858319.jpg (475 KB, 2300x2300) Image search: [Google]
Akiyama.Mio.full.858319.jpg
475 KB, 2300x2300
I'm done this year with high school (18 already) and I have only been really into playing music for a year (2 months on bass now). Is it worth it to keep studying music on college? I don't know what else to do, and I think music is the only thing that motivates me into practicing for hours and hours without stopping, but I've seen people my age who have been playing for way longer and then I doubt... do I just need to grow balls and go for it? I need validation.
>>
It depends on what you want to do the knowledge will be beneficial in whatever context you use it, but you don't actually need a degree to play in bands or get commercial work. If you wanna be like a music teacher at school or something you'd need a degree. It doesn't seem worth it for me, but then again, all I'm doing with my bass playing is simple stuff for some band I found on Craigslist. Figure out what works for you. No one else knows, and you won't either until you try it. Music school will be better for you than sitting around with your dick in your hand, wasting time on the internet like I did, even if you accumulate some debt. Make sure to do SOMETHING, anyway. Freedom is a trap.
>>
>>63247031
Thanks for answering, I guess I'll go to the 2 years pre-college thing for now just to get more time, (and so I don't get kicked out by my parents for being a NEET). Hopefully after that I'll be in shape to play with good bands and see what I do.
>>
dumb weeaboo
>>
>>63247224
>dumb weaboo
>on a bolivian parasailing forum
>>
Id you've only been playing music for a year, no.
>>
>>63247262
>calling peope dumb means you hate them
dumb weaboo everyone
>>
>>63247294
What should I do then? It's all I'm motivated about.
>>63247313
I love you too <3
>>
>play bass for two months
>go to college for music
I played piano for 9 years and I wasn't' good enough for music school. Don't do it anon.
>>
Major in engineering if you ever want to move out of your parents'. LOL
>>
>>63246894
better off going to college for art history
music degrees are useless
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.