[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever tripped and listened to music? Did LSD for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 61rY6yM8HWL.jpg (121 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61rY6yM8HWL.jpg
121 KB, 500x500
Anyone ever tripped and listened to music?

Did LSD for the first time last weekend. AnCo guided me through it.
>>
>Anyone ever tripped and listened to music?
No. No one has ever done this.
>>
>do LSD
>listen to music
Dumb as shit

Shrooms are THE music listening drug since all forms give the aural effect but the lower ones give very little visual hallucinations
>>
yeah
MPP is really fun while tripping, i heard a lot of stuff that wasnt actually there.
but music isnt really something i focus on while tripping, MPP and STGSTV were the exceptions because everyone else i was hanging out went to sleep and i was still tripping balls so decided to inmerse my self into them. really.
the soft bulletin and yoshime by the flaming lips were also cool as background music when i was with people. venus in furs too
>>
File: CAN_TagoMago_Cover.jpg (436 KB, 1436x1384) Image search: [Google]
CAN_TagoMago_Cover.jpg
436 KB, 1436x1384
What's with all the threads about this lately?

Pic related was the first album I ever listened to on acid and it was inconceivably good.
>>
>>60190489
My friends and I always seem to find No More Runnin playing at the end of our trips. It's a good way to wind down.
>>
>when you learn stupid shit on your trip bc you listen to stupid music
cool
>>
File: lateralus.jpg (275 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
lateralus.jpg
275 KB, 736x736
Only time I ever did drugs. It was not bad. Granted I was pretty young
>>
>>60190576
oh shit im>>60190555
and the first time i did acid and heard no more runnin was one of the weirdiest moments in my life. such a mix of emotions. i must add that i was alone in a kid's bedroom (the kid in subject wasnt in the house that day)
still to this day cant listen to that track without feeling kinda weird but i like it
>>
>>60190714
I always loved that song, but when I heard it on acid for the first time I found a whole new appreciation for it
>>
>listening to music on LSD

Hmm, I dunno OP, sounds crazy. I might have to give it a try though.
>>
File: congrats.jpg (344 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
congrats.jpg
344 KB, 1500x1500
Listened to this the first time I did LSD, fucking sublime
>>
>>60190564
Would like to mention that Surf's Up is also a god-tier album to listen to on LSD. Last time I tripped I only took a quarter tab and went for a walk in the woods and listened to some of Sung Tongs and The Lemon of Pink and they were both pretty great, too.
>>
Why do acid trips have to last so long? They're great for the first few hours but then towards the end of the trip I'm always so mentally exhausted I just want it to end, but it just keeps on going until I start getting really anxious about it and not being able to sleep. It's the only downside to what would otherwise be my favourite drug.
>>
>>60191116
take a xanax and it will kill your trip and put you to sleep. I always have one with me when im tripping.
>>
>>60190489
I played Taste for my friends one night when were tripping (it was stuck in my head the whole time so I had to hear it)

anyway it was too much for them to handle and they seemed to hated it.

not the best way to introduce people into anco I guess. that or they are huge plebs
>>
sounds pretty cliche but I listened to Magical Mystery Tour on acid on a sunny afternoon day on a camp trip. Just ended up laughing and smiling uncontrollably, dancing on a rock, soaking in the sunlight and generally loving the fuck out of life. 10/10 would do again. It really killed my mood when the sun started coming down, I listened to Evening Star by Fripp & Eno as the sun set.
>>
>>60191510
I have a similar story about Magical Mystery tour

the first time I did acid me and my friend listened to Revolver and once we got all the way through that Magical Mystery Tour came on for some reason. We both hadn't heard it in years and the cheesiness of the first song had us in stitches.
>>
>>60190489
Peaking to Brother Sport is 10/10
>>
wish i knew where to get some acid :(
>>
>>60190489
I fucking love listening to that album while tripping OP. I rolled really hard a couple weeks ago and came out as trans afterwards cuz of how life changing of a psychedelic experience it was and I listened to this album and also strawberry jam during the experience. MDMA is my new favorite psychedelic
>>
>>60191895
jam of a lifetime
>>
>>60192545
MDMA is an empathogen/entactogen that exhibits some psychedelic activity at higher dosages.

It can produce a life-changing experience, but it's not a psychedelic
>>
i remember listening to R+7 the first time I tripped and being absolutely blown away by how acid affects music

would highly reccommend
>>
File: paebiru_aberto-2.jpg (40 KB, 550x275) Image search: [Google]
paebiru_aberto-2.jpg
40 KB, 550x275
when i did acid i mostly listened to kosmiche stuff
popol vuh and can mostly
but this pole record was the big one for me, especially the opening track, the feeling of listening to this on acid is indescribable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKTAOG62VU

shrooms are more chill tho and i honeslty prefer them, listened to more natural sounding stuff, like alice coltrane, the christ trees, comus, and brazilian psych like lula cortes, and of course a listen can ("when i saw mushroomhead")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUyvtwSV6A8

paebiru is my number one recommendation to listen to on any psychs
>>
>>60192671
>empathogen/entactogen
do any other of these even exist beyond mdma/mda?
>>
Just tripped for the first time last weekend and listened to Alt-J who I had always dismissed on some rice cake shit... came back around and I love it now, sounded like liquid happiness. Just experimental enough to be interesting but still very palatable and not spooky which was perfect
>>
>>60192689
R+7 was pretty great on a low dose of MDMA, too. dem arps
>>
Feels, MPP, Surrealistic Pillow (I know how stereotypical that is) and Since I Left You are the best albums I heard on psychs.

Still need to try STGSTV.
>>
File: url.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgT_YSy4Xwk

you are not worthy
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 605x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 605x607
>>60190544
DXM is way better than shrooms for music. On dissociatives music is completely foreign, yet vaguely familiar, and each song is like its own micro universe
>>
File: TheOrb-PommeFritz.jpg (9 KB, 176x178) Image search: [Google]
TheOrb-PommeFritz.jpg
9 KB, 176x178
this traumatised me desu
>>
>>60192825
Not among the classical drugs but there are many RCs that are.
>>
The intense bits in AnCo's Feels started to feel too negative, but, honestly, Kid Cudi is the best on acid.
>>
I'm such a pussy with music and psychedelics. Anything that sounds the the slightest bit creepy or melancholy makes my trip turn for the worst
>>
>>60197068

Used to be like that friendo, you need to push past it because those are genuine human feelings that you wouldn't experience otherwise. Sounds a little abstract & Hippie-ish, but I guarantee that if you just let go and learn to love the oblivion that you'll come out a more calm, comfortable person in general.

Shit like this used to run my mind ragged in space, but now I look at it as a form of very visceral, genuine art. Fear, apprehension, psychedelic peril, entelechy, euphoria, melancholy... they're all equally useful & powerful emotions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YKcVWVuq4Q

The rest of that stage show is up on youtube, and it's all pretty fantastic. The best psychedelic music isn't one long positive pleasure cruise, it tosses you about the room before gently caressing you in a sense of false resolution. The first step is accepting what you're seeing and experiencing, the next is being able to manage your emotions and think about those uncomfortable things you don't really want to think about.
>>
>>60190489
>AnCo and LSD

How does it feel to be a fucking meme?
>>
>>60192825
>do any other of these even exist beyond mdma/mda?

arguably every psychedlic
mephedrone
methylone
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.