[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow I've been hooked on this album since I first heard it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Booklet.jpg (3 MB, 1416x1398) Image search: [Google]
Booklet.jpg
3 MB, 1416x1398
Wow I've been hooked on this album since I first heard it a few days ago. Is there anything else like this? I've heard Revolver which I also love (but a tad less) and intend to hear the rest of their discography, but who else does stuff like this?
Favourites are probably Drive My Car, Norwegian Wood, You Won't See Me, and Michelle, but all the songs are great. Thanks.
>>
I guess Pet Sounds? Seems like the natural step.
>>
>>60186716
the beach boys did their best to copy it on pet sounds
>>
The Byrds and The Kinks
>>
File: petsounds.jpg (248 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
petsounds.jpg
248 KB, 1300x1300
>listens to 'rubber soul' once
>>
>>60186716
the bryds
>>
File: MTMwNjY0MTM3ODI2MDI3NTMw[1].jpg (36 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
MTMwNjY0MTM3ODI2MDI3NTMw[1].jpg
36 KB, 620x465
>>60186863
>listens to Strawberry Fields Forever once
>>
>>60186787
>>60186842
>>60186863
Haha I completely forgot about that, I have heard that already though, and think it' is also great, but I honestly don't think they sound that similar. PS seems much more mellow and introspective I feel, which is a bit more contrasting with the upbeat stuff on Rubber Soul? I don't know. Appreciate the help though.

>>60186851
>>60186867
Thanks. I've been meaning to listen to those bands. Would you rec Younger Than Yesterday and Green Preservation Society? Those are the ones I seen mentioned a bunch.
>>
>>60186948
get turn turn turn instead of younger than yesterday
>>
File: folder.jpg (22 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
22 KB, 301x300
>>60186851
This. Try out "The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society"
>>
>>60186994
>>60187032
alright will do. thanks guys.
>>
>>60186842
>the beach boys did their best to copy it on pet sounds
If Brian was trying to copy Rubber Soul, he probably wouldn't have gotten an orchestra in to record the album.
RS inspired Brian to up his game with regard to interesting progressions, how material on the album fits together as a cohesive whole, etc. But it's more accurate to view Pet Sounds as a continuation of the more complex stuff on Today! and Summer Days and Summer Nights.
They came out before Rubber Soul and feature precursors to the sort of complex arrangements he'd employ on Pet Sounds.
It'd probably be more apt to say he was trying to copy Gershwin than to say he was copying the Beatles.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.