[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /mu/'s favorite portable music players?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Sad-iPod-v2.jpg (24 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
Sad-iPod-v2.jpg
24 KB, 700x467
My iPod Classic finally just died, so I need something new. Not a huge fan of the Touch or anything, and Apple support is a load of shit. What other options are there?
>>
>>60185944
sansa clip+ was one of my favourites.
I had one a few years ago when I was in college and it was awesome,
was not much bigger than a matchbox and had a micro SD slot so you could plug in 32gb more storage, it sounded pretty awesome too, quite loud and relatively clear.

I hear good things about the FiiO X series of mp3 players lately but I have never owned one so cannot really give much of a review
>>
This one
https://www.tarkan.info/store
>>
>>60185944
How did it die? If it was the HDD or battery those are relatively easy DIY fixes.

I replaced my broken HDD with a 256gb SSD and it's been working great.
>>
>>60186566
Honestly not really sure what happened. I added some new albums this morning and then ejected it. When I turned it on it said I had no music. So I plugged it back in and iTunes said it was corrupted and that I needed to restore it. So I did. It froze iTunes and Explorer. Now everytime it's plugged in it freezes both of those programs. Tried uninstalling iTunes and drivers and it didn't work. Freezes on multiple computers. Tried formatting but Explorer doesn't work, so. Something is obviously fucked.

Replacing with a SSD seems interesting, I'll google that and see if I'm savvy enough to try it.
>>
>>60185944
sansa clip+
128 or 200gb microsd
>>
>>60186793
>>60186389
I'll def take a look at those. I don't want anything but storage for my music and etc.
>>
>>60186750
Weird. Almost sounds like an HDD issue but it could be the logic board too, which is a bit harder to replace
>>
>>60186875
Not sure what a logic board is, but I agree about the HDD...too bad I can't kill it and start over like a normal HDD though. Apple Support has been awful and there's pretty much nothing online. Really wish they hadn't discontinued the classic. What's the point in both an iPhone and an iPod touch?
>>
>>60186806
Be sure to install Rockbox on it if you get one.
>>
>>60185944
We live in the age of smartphones and large sd cards
>>
>>60186750
did you try to connecting it to a Macbook? I remember I restored mine a couple of months ago and every time I connected it to my computer to set it up it would freeze iTunes and crash Windows.
>>
>>60186389
>>60186793
>they fell for the sansa clip+ meme
>>
>>60187017
Is that just a more efficient firmware?

>>60187078
I did not, I do not own an iOS computer. I have a friend that does though, so I suppose I could try that.
>>
>>60187000
Diagnostic mode exists
>>
Are the Fiio music players decent?
Looking to have my entire collection with me so the Iclassic is out of the question.
>>
>>60187106
>Is that just a more efficient firmware?
Yup.
>>
>>60187165
true, which I tried. iTunes did not rec the iPod and driver uninstall hung.
>>
>>60187236
How much music do you have?
>>
>>60187355
~240GBs
>>
Any thoughts on Cowon products?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.