[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone actually care about his music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Did anyone actually care about his music?
>>
>>60185821
Did he?
>>
Yeah, pre 1985 GG is great, but anything after "You Give Love a Bad Name" is for serious fans only.
>>
File: 220px-Freaksfagsdrunksjunkies.jpg (13 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Freaksfagsdrunksjunkies.jpg
13 KB, 220x220
>>60185821
pic related is pretty great punk IMO

i mean, if you consider his work garbage you consider punk garbage because it really wasn't that different
>>
>>60185821
From what I gather he made some alright music. Nothing you'd exactly remember if not for his conduct. And that's fine I guess; he was more of a performance artist anyway.
>>
>>60185821
Is GG Allin a new meme? There's been a lot of GG Allin threads lately
>>
>>60185821
the jabbers are better than his solo career DeSu
the first song bored to death was me n my friends theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFpn8vSF-Y
>>
>>60186013
How new are you ?
>>
"Bite it you scum" is a genuinely good track.
>>
>>60186013
>a new meme
it shows m8 go while you can
>>
>>60185962
> "if you consider his work garbage you consider punk garbage because it really wasn't that different"

I don't understand what you mean
I think GG Allin had some great songs early on, like
"Bite It You Scum" and "Don't Talk to Me" - they were fun, catchy, bratty punk songs, but the album you're posting is shit, and when I say that, I'm not saying anything against punk in general - there were better lo-fi DIY bands (Crass, Conflict), there were better nihilistic, dark bands (Amebix, Despise You), there were better trashy bands (Dead Boys, Germs), there were better songwriters (Jawbreaker, Richard Hell), there were better instrumentalists (Bad Brains, Fugazi) - it's hard to think of any way in which GG Allin excelled later in life, except maybe as a shock rocker
>>
>>60185821
yeah actually gg alin was a pretty great songwriter. obviously more infamous for the crazy shit, but he had better songs than 99% of metal bands. and was way way more metal than 100% of any metal bands.

its GWAR that I'm like, does anyone actually listen to this shit? seriously.
>>
>>60189466
I didn't know it was possible to be pretentious about a man who literally ate shit on the reg
>>
>>60189466
>its GWAR that I'm like, does anyone actually listen to this shit? seriously.

They have some decent songs scattered throughout their albums. Sick of You, Saddam a Go Go, and Dirty, Filthy are all good.
>>
>>60187497
>4chord song
I hope you're being ironic
>>
File: BOOBOO.png (142 KB, 278x245) Image search: [Google]
BOOBOO.png
142 KB, 278x245
>>60189599
>song has to be post-avant jazzcore to even be considered good
>>
>>60189500
I mean people blow their wads for coil...
>>
>>60189692
Literally

Ate

Shit
>>
Is OP suggesting that the persona and stage antics are distinct from, and not part of, the music? Who are you to draw such distinctions?
>>
>>60189709
at least 1 member of Coil most likely ate shit tho
>>
>>60189692
coil at least has some aesthetic and intellectual value
plus they were fags which people LOVE these days
>>
File: 1445693139549.png (10 KB, 266x118) Image search: [Google]
1445693139549.png
10 KB, 266x118
>>60189709
Coil did
Literally

Eat

Shit

Buddy
>>
A G.G./Coil collab would have kicked ass, but he probably would have just called em fags and tried to pee on them
>>
hearing his carmelita cover on some shitty run down acoustic with a needle in the tuners is pretty cool if your into heroin
>>
>>60189812
>makes claim
>posts accompanying image that doesn't support it

it's not like I don't believe you, but you're bad at this
>>
>>60189812
goddamn that hurt to read
>>
>>60189500
touche, lol, he was literally from the dimension of people that eat poop.

truth is i never delved into gwar, i live in richmond people namedrop gwar all the fucking time and im like... band that wears costumes. how is this not poser af? I'll DL those songs tho,
>>
>>60190084
are you on acid

because i'm on acid

let's make this a fun night
>>
>>60190211
basically just take cigarette breaks for DMT trips.
>>
>>60190428
that is awesome i've never done DMT although i used to hallucinate a lot during fevers as a kid and i'd walk around feeling like i was outside of my body kinda like i feel now it's great
>>
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCU9XjI2oaE
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.