[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people write songs with chills? A friend of mine will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
How do people write songs with chills? A friend of mine will just sit down and write a song that is spine chilling. It's odd cause his range is just about two octaves and he's a nasally tenor, but what he's doing is working.

It makes me a bit jealous, but he'll just sit down and pump out a song out of nowhere.

How do? How does someone get great song writing skills?
>>
Have talent and/or learn music theory
>>
>>60185295
I got music theory, and improvising and throwing chord progressions together works pretty well. But for the most part it seems effortless. He even wrote a two chord song just using an augmented C and an augmented A chord and it is almost universally enjoyed when we play live.

What I'm more curious is about capturing a spark. I am always practicing and getting better, I just want to know how people put that spark/sound that makes people have chills into music.
>>
Thinking of buying this book, and the article itself is quite interesting even if you have to filter out a lot of pseudo deep rubbish
>>
>>60185399
sorry forgot link senpai

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/05/21/bob-dylan-songwriters-on-songwriting-interview/
>>
>>60185420
>>60185399
Doubles and 420 get
>>
>>60185420
Thanks!
>>
>>60185700
Hope you like it m8, my songwriting has definitely improved after reading this and keeping a diary, it's still shit but it's a little more tolerable
>>
>>60185733
I just wish I could get to the level my friend is at. Or just within the same spectrum. He's writing non stop and when they stick, they sound like a classic. I want that.
>>
>>60185249
git good and have natural talent
>>
>>60185805
do you mind posting one of his songs? you got me curious desu
>>
>>60185844
He has a soundcloud, I'll text him and when he replies I can post it. I just don't remember its name.
>>
>>60185249
I truly believe that some people were just born better at creativity than others, it's usually at a trade off though, so embrace what you do have and accept the fact that you'll always be a shit artist
>>
>>60185865
nice, cheers m8
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.